Today's live links for Treizistes

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

St Gaudens v Toulouse are also streaming and they have just kicked off. That hard left/right panned commentary makes me wish for a mono button on my amp, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kuni Minga goes the length of the field to open the scoring for the hosts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

A second try for Minga, taking a great offload from inside.

St Gaudens 12:0 Toulouse

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Toulouse have got on the scoreboard now, but I was prepping food for this evening and don't know if it was an unconverted try or a couple of penalties.

St Gaudens 12:4 Toulouse

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Half time, and it is St Gaudens leading 22:4.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Currently Lezignan 18:6 Avignon in the other match at HT.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Surely a loan spell at a championship club would be better than elite1 level?

I don’t think so.  They have some development to do, same as LaGuerre.  They are in the best place in my opinion.  If those 3 get into the first team that would be an amazing achievement but it’s in their hands now.  We will see.

4 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

I`ve never had a Facebook account, and I don`t understand most of these things.

Sometimes Facebook allows you in, other times you`re told you have to log in to continue. No detectable rhyme or reason to any of it.

Well, apart from matches it's a ridiculos waste of your life.

At the moment, thanks to barniya I'm watching Lezignan v Avignon

and I'm also watchin Tigers v Manly with names like Gary Jack & Geof Toovey

& there are more mistakes in the game from Oz😮

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

St Gaudens 24:12 Toulouse at FT

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lezignan 28:22 Avignon at FT

Ralph Waldo Emerson

See you all back here next Sunday!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

In that last but one Lezignan try, when the ball came loose in the tackle, 9 times out of 10 an Aussie ref would have called a knock-on even though the ball didn`t go forward. Here, ref correctly plays on, good pick-up, chip over the fullback... shows the benefit of a "play-on" refereeing culture.

In NRL matches I've taken to calling it 3-4 variants on the knock it any which way it won't matter.

As far as I'm aware a knock on according to the rules means projecting the ball forwards

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I'm aiming to make a habit of watching the French club matches on a regular basis. Maybe a little less often when the UK season starts, but still pretty regularly.

I'm understanding more of the commentary week by week, as my rusty French gets revived by a bit of usage.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I watched both games.  I think the St Gaudens match never got over 300 viewers at any one time, which is a shame, it was a good game, deserved more.  Lezignan I think was in the 800s for a long time, not sure if it went any higher at any point.

Minor detail, but did anyone notice some Toulouse players wearing different, and non-rugby looking shorts?  Maybe I am being pedantic, but I think it's terrible for the team's image.  You expect a bit better at this level.

Who make the playoffs in Elite 1?  Top 4? Top 5? 6?

TO Elite v St Esteve next Saturday 2.30pm KO coverage by ViàOccitcanie

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 08/02/2021 at 12:39, audois said:

TO Elite v St Esteve next Saturday 2.30pm KO coverage by ViàOccitcanie

Thanks for that, Gordon.  Is the 2.30pm local time?

Can we assume that some encouragingly constructive discussions have taken place between FFR13 and the VO TV channel, do you think?  I ask that because I think the last I read on here was that there might not be any more games on ViaOccitanie this season

21 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Thanks for that, Gordon.  Is the 2.30pm local time?

Most games recently have been 3pm (French)/2pm (GMT) kickoffs.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived