Junior Moors

1 hour ago, haskey said:

Not sure about this Phantom, dont we have a lot of over 30 forwards without any more. I could . of course be proved wrong

Yes we do, that's a fair point. But we don't really have a big powerful impact guy amongst our middles and Moors is that kind of player.

It's a concern that he has had a fair number of injuries in recent years but he was healthy and by all accounts playing well again at the end of last season.

Its true that our best recent forward signings have been younger guys like Harrison and Day but this signing looked a no-brainer if we could afford him.

12 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

ts true that our best recent forward signings have been younger guys like Harrison and Day but this signing looked a no-brainer if we could afford him.

agreed but lets not forget the young guns field summers and halton have signed

7 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

14 games in 2 seasons - not sure we will see much impact

so you think  a lad who's played all  his career in NRL and SL is going to struggle  in championship interesting

so  in theory we could have a front  row of moors jones and kopczak so please tell me where there's any better in championship

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Decent player but as the above post i would have prefered a speedy winger.

according to reports the young lad we signed from c%s doyle can catch pigeons and at a push hall who's no slowcoach can fill in if needed

8 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

14 games in 2 seasons - not sure we will see much impact

Still a winger short for me

Blackmore + Gale + loan market (maybe the young lad Jacob Doyle too). Blackmore is one of the best ball carriers in the division in yardage sets, and Gale did enough last season to deserve an extended run in the team.

Who's Luke Briscoe going to turn out for if his brother and Handley stay fit? Wings probably get less injuries than most positions and assuming Covid is at manageable levels (and if it's not we won't be playing anyway) there are going to be plenty of guys available on loan if Blackmore or Gale get injured.

6 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Blackmore + Gale + loan market (maybe the young lad Jacob Doyle too). Blackmore is one of the best ball carriers in the division in yardage sets, and Gale did enough last season to deserve an extended run in the team.

Who's Luke Briscoe going to turn out for if his brother and Handley stay fit? Wings probably get less injuries than most positions and assuming Covid is at manageable levels (and if it's not we won't be playing anyway) there are going to be plenty of guys available on loan if Blackmore or Gale get injured.

Could we see hardcastle on the wing if Minns and Welham nail down the centre spots?

Not the fastest, but knows the 3/4ers, would be good out of AHB in his own half and safe under the high ball.

I would always try to find room for Josh in my team tbh

22 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Could we see hardcastle on the wing if Minns and Welham nail down the centre spots?

Not the fastest, but knows the 3/4ers, would be good out of AHB in his own half and safe under the high ball.

I would always try to find room for Josh in my team tbh

Hardy played on the wing at home to York in 2019 IIRC and played well and scored a couple of tries.

18 hours ago, POR said:

so you think  a lad who's played all  his career in NRL and SL is going to struggle  in championship interesting

so  in theory we could have a front  row of moors jones and kopczak so please tell me where there's any better in championship

Where do i say he will struggle in the championship?

If you had read or understood my post right 14 games in two seasons points to a pretty poor run with injuries / recovering from injuries for me and that was in his early 30s & he is 34 now

All I am suggesting is while some of you appear to be doing cartwheels down the street at this signing his recent record is not that good & he might be spending more time off the field than on it going off the facts

There is no better pack than ours in the championship & a great combination mentioned above - if he can stay fit 

Problem is we have so many forwards quite a few are going to be sitting on the bench or not even in the matchday 17.How do you change a winning team to rotate.While the team is playing well unless there are injuries stick with the same 13/17 next week.Any player who would rather just be in the squad and not want to play every week is not worth having.Although i would think very few players in the whole Rugby League would not want to play.

4 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

Where do i say he will struggle in the championship?

If you had read or understood my post right 14 games in two seasons points to a pretty poor run with injuries / recovering from injuries for me and that was in his early 30s & he is 34 now

All I am suggesting is while some of you appear to be doing cartwheels down the street at this signing his recent record is not that good & he might be spending more time off the field than on it going off the facts

There is no better pack than ours in the championship & a great combination mentioned above - if he can stay fit 

14 games in two seasons he actually played 19 games in two seasons not 14 13 2019 and 6 2020

poor run with injuries  in 2019 he was a regular with c%s at start of season  then missed a couple of games with a knock to his knee came back played two games a bad tackle from hastings fractured his  hip so  out for rest of season that's hardly  hardly a run of injuries without the hip injury he would probably have played a lot more than 13 games 

spending more time off the field than on it going off the facts   that was certainly the case in  2020 

C$S rushed  him back to play against wigan 2nd game off season resulting in inflamed hip back on treatment table started back sept  played 2 games rested for challenge cup  then missed  a couple because of covid and  played last 3 games of season so maybe if they had given a couple  more  weeks off at the start of the season he may have played more than 6 games  but C%S wanted him for wigan at home”😞 and the rest is history

if he can stay fit the good newa for FEV is that he was playing regular at the end of the season and as powell says

“He is a top-quality fella and towards the back end, when he got over the terrible injury he had, he has been pretty strong.”

4 hours ago, POR said:

14 games in two seasons he actually played 19 games in two seasons not 14 13 2019 and 6 2020

poor run with injuries  in 2019 he was a regular with c%s at start of season  then missed a couple of games with a knock to his knee came back played two games a bad tackle from hastings fractured his  hip so  out for rest of season that's hardly  hardly a run of injuries without the hip injury he would probably have played a lot more than 13 games 

spending more time off the field than on it going off the facts   that was certainly the case in  2020 

C$S rushed  him back to play against wigan 2nd game off season resulting in inflamed hip back on treatment table started back sept  played 2 games rested for challenge cup  then missed  a couple because of covid and  played last 3 games of season so maybe if they had given a couple  more  weeks off at the start of the season he may have played more than 6 games  but C%S wanted him for wigan at home”😞 and the rest is history

if he can stay fit the good newa for FEV is that he was playing regular at the end of the season and as powell says

“He is a top-quality fella and towards the back end, when he got over the terrible injury he had, he has been pretty strong.”

Thanks for clearing that up regarding the actual injuries suffered & actual games played - obviously I do not follow cas as much as yourself 😂😉 (please take that as tongue in cheek)

I look forward to being proven wrong regarding moors - not for the first time

You look to have put together a very good squad for this year. I would say it will be a close run thing between you and Toulouse should we actually get the season off the ground.

It will be interesting to see what the SL do if Fev do get to the Champ grand final and win it.

Do you think the SL will let you in or would they move to licensing again?

rambo.gif

10 hours ago, Rambo said:

It will be interesting to see what the SL do if Fev do get to the Champ grand final and win it.

Do you think the SL will let you in or would they move to licensing again?

The measured reply to this is something along the lines of: that's the RFL's decision not SL's, and that there will probably be a lobby from SL clubs to deny promotion/relegation if the 2021 season is seriously impacted by Covid again, and that any decision will depend on how seriously the different comps are affected.

After this year and with the new TV deal looming, who knows.

Others will tell you that "there's no way Fev will be allowed in", but these people will be the same ones who "knew" that Bradford (or Toulouse) were going to going to get the 12th SL slot this year, and probably the same people who said London and Bradford would never be allowed to be relegated a few years ago.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The measured reply to this is something along the lines of: that's the RFL's decision not SL's, and that there will probably be a lobby from SL clubs to deny promotion/relegation if the 2021 season is seriously impacted by Covid again, and that any decision will depend on how seriously the different comps are affected.

After this year and with the new TV deal looming, who knows.

Others will tell you that "there's no way Fev will be allowed in", but these people will be the same ones who "knew" that Bradford (or Toulouse) were going to going to get the 12th SL slot this year, and probably the same people who said London and Bradford would never be allowed to be relegated a few years ago.

I hope so. I must admit the way that the criteria was listed for the team to replace Toronto I thought it was a done deal for Bradford.

Hopefully the game will allows the sport to be determined on the field rather than constant off field politics and tinkering.

rambo.gif

Archived