2021 championship fixtures announced

Batley Bob

2 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Looks like we do not play Bradford and York at home (2 potential good crowds) and miss out on a trip to Oldham and London away. 

Will not miss going to London with Batleys performances in the capital

I don't knows who's got the worst record in the capital batley or Leeds United 😉 

York isn't as big as missing out a fev or fax crowd... 

I thought the Toulouse away in august was also a strange one - I know we have to move on from the death of Archie but playing just after his anniversary will be a tough one for the everyone...

Hopefully we get back to watching the team and seeing how we get along 

Any away support will be strictly limited even when crowds are allowed back into grounds. Distancing rules will likely be stringently applied with quite low attendance limits at all stadiums.

I don't know if any of you have got a season ticket yet but those at Dewsbury, like many clubs, are scannable cards designed to be used in such restricted scenarios.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

40 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Any away support will be strictly limited even when crowds are allowed back into grounds. Distancing rules will likely be stringently applied with quite low attendance limits at all stadiums.

I don't know if any of you have got a season ticket yet but those at Dewsbury, like many clubs, are scannable cards designed to be used in such restricted scenarios.

Regarding low crowds. Attendances at Championship matches are pretty low anyway. The grounds should be able to manage social distancing quite easily. 🤷‍♂️

23 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

Regarding low crowds. Attendances at Championship matches are pretty low anyway. The grounds should be able to manage social distancing quite easily. 🤷‍♂️

You would think so wouldn't you? However the challenge isn't in distributing fans around the ground but also in the entry and exit processes. Some grounds in the Championship involve a fairly tight squeeze, particularly at the end of the game, and maintaining acceptable distancing in these situations is tricky. Apparently it is factors such as these that might be used to assess acceptable capacities for grounds as distinct from a crude X% of the licensed capacity.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You would think so wouldn't you? However the challenge isn't in distributing fans around the ground but also in the entry and exit processes. Some grounds in the Championship involve a fairly tight squeeze, particularly at the end of the game, and maintaining acceptable distancing in these situations is tricky. Apparently it is factors such as these that might be used to assess acceptable capacities for grounds as distinct from a crude X% of the licensed capacity.

True but surely it's not beyond us, as a sport, to be able to find ways to solve these perceived problems. At the end of the day people's common sence should allow us to get our fans safely into grounds. Here's hoping we manage it and we get to seeing our teams play Rugby League again soon. 🙂

10 hours ago, Ainley Top said:

True but surely it's not beyond us, as a sport, to be able to find ways to solve these perceived problems. At the end of the day people's common sence should allow us to get our fans safely into grounds. Here's hoping we manage it and we get to seeing our teams play Rugby League again soon. 🙂

I fully agree with you, we should be able to arrange this. 👍

However, sense just isn't common. Some clowns after a few beers won't stick to the rules.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

I think we are reasonably fortunate in having sufficient space for existing the ground, wide space behind the Tommo stand, good gate exit by pie corner and via car park behind bottom end. Orderly and controlled leaving by the stewards should allow us 750 I would have thought.

Pinch points at bar,way into bogs at half time,walkways and turnstiles,but main thing will be all the hugs with folks you aint seen in a year,:kolobok_kiss3: i think 3 weeks after second jab we will be fine and ready for off.may it is then.

No bars as they won't be allowed to open yet,  having not been drinking no need for bogs, make it all a one way system on walkways. Turnstiles just longer queues at 2 metre distance.

Just won't have to do hugs keep to yourselves I know it will be very hard.

May is fine for the over 70's who get there 2nd jab in April the lot younger won't be allowed as they are not covid jab protected.

Hopefully this is all tongue in cheek.

13 hours ago, silverback said:

Pinch points at bar,way into bogs at half time,walkways and turnstiles,but main thing will be all the hugs with folks you aint seen in a year,:kolobok_kiss3: i think 3 weeks after second jab we will be fine and ready for off.may it is then.

Hugs !!!!!!!

😭😭😭

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

No bars as they won't be allowed to open yet,  having not been drinking no need for bogs, make it all a one way system on walkways. Turnstiles just longer queues at 2 metre distance.

Just won't have to do hugs keep to yourselves I know it will be very hard.

May is fine for the over 70's who get there 2nd jab in April the lot younger won't be allowed as they are not covid jab protected.

Hopefully this is all tongue in cheek.

You have far greater faith our aged fanbase and their prostates!

No problem with me and prostate it ain't there lol, another way around that is a catheter bag strapped to the leg with the sheath attachment that goes over the penis instead of a tube inserted.

😷

Archived