Elite 1 to expand to 12 teams from next season

Eddie

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Superb 🏉 🇫🇷 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=863037784241709&id=357252468153579

Edit - I can’t find anything else online about this, but Chasing Kangaroos are well informed so hopefully this is correct. 

Except for this thread ?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

I think maybe 2 seasons away but lets see.

Had a very good zoom meeting today Gordon/Barnyia with the FFR 13 and looks like we were all on the same page about next season with regards to TV and sponsorship ideas.

Regular Monday night You Tube match on a special FFR 13 channel (Clubs would move all personal on-line coverage to Facebook leaving You Tube exclusively for the Monday night match)

French commentators with pitch side interviewer (Female) I have suggested we approach Rudolf to get him back he would be delighted I am certain.

English commentary available for all matches alongside the French commentators 

LED at all the matches alongside pitch branding and yardage markers to improve overall presentation 

You Tube channel promoted well ahead of next season to build things up

Approaching RFL for a regular test match v England every year in France as a priority alongside more internationals 

Plenty of good positive ideas which everyone is keen to put into action ASAP:)

Fingers crossed then but overall I have a really good feeling that the right people are there for all the right reasons with no hidden personal agendas or egos:)

P

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Approaching RFL for a regular test match v England every year in France as a priority alongside more internationals 

They need to approach International Rugby League too. They also need the backing of the likes of Scotland, Wales and Ireland to push for a proper international weekend booked into the calendar annually. 

11 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Had a very good zoom meeting today Gordon/Barnyia with the FFR 13 and looks like we were all on the same page about next season with regards to TV and sponsorship ideas.

Regular Monday night You Tube match on a special FFR 13 channel (Clubs would move all personal on-line coverage to Facebook leaving You Tube exclusively for the Monday night match)

French commentators with pitch side interviewer (Female) I have suggested we approach Rudolf to get him back he would be delighted I am certain.

LED at all the matches alongside pitch branding and yardage markers to improve overall presentation 

Fingers crossed then but overall I have a really good feeling that the right people are there for all the right reasons with no hidden personal agendas or egos:)

P

Not sure all the right people for the right reasons but alot are there for the game and not personal gain. Which will be a  breath of fresh air hopefully . 

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

P

Loving a lot of those ideas mate, especially the Monday night live game on YouTube with English commentary. I could see a bit of a (niche) community of English Elite 1 fans building up if that happens. 

Do you know roughly (just out of interest), what the average salary for an Elite 1 player is please? 

P

Some brilliant ideas there, especially about improving the pitchside presentation, which is long overdue. I hope that includes the pitch markings too.

A YouTube channel is great but a lot of people no longer use Facebook so I'm not too keen on the idea of building coverage around a declining social media site. Why cant all the coverage be on YouTube? Or the Our League app?

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

P

Great to hear. What was the reason behind choosing Monday night?

If the aim is to grow exposure of the competition, then I don't quite understand the approach of having some games on Facebook and some on YouTube.  The two mediums serve rather different audiences, both with their pros and cons, and the reality is, it is quite easy to stream to both simultaneously... 

For YouTube, the advantage is that just about every internet enabled device comes with it as standard, it doesn't require people to subscribe to watch it, it has a far superior player and from a search perspective, it is far superior.

Facebook's strength is that, because everyone has to subscribe to use it, and people like pages more on FB than subscribe to channels on YT, it is often easier to get larger live audiences there and then, especially if clubs crosspost their videos (which they all should be doing).

If only one channel is possible, I'd be recommending YT every day of the week, especially as FB continues to implode (well at least in Australia).

Anyway, I'm glad to see some really proactive steps being taken by the FFRXIII, and I really hope that if the Monday Night games go ahead and they are commented in English, that they somehow make their way down to services like Kayo (Aus), SkyGo (NZ), DigicelPlay (PNG), etc.

I really think they'd get some traction with the RL fans on each of those platforms.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Just to be clear the Monday night match would ONLY be on YOU TUBE (Which would be the official channel for the FFR13) 

What was suggested was that clubs who stream their own matches at weekends would agree NOT to be on You Tube to avoid confusion so would have to use Facebook.

The FFR 13 would NOT use Facebook as the exclusive medium as its NOT suitable.

Noted Yakstorm regarding other outlets from down under we will look into that:)

Monday nights one is not up v European football and weekends there is just too much on ,the local Marire would be encouraged to be heavily involved in the promotion of local Monday night matches.

Paul

This all sounds ludicrously positive. Really like the idea of a regular, professionally produced weekly slot with English commentary.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Paul. I'm not sure if the club's have adequate floodlights for filming except for Avignon and Carcassonne. I know limoux can't play at night or Palau. Albi do but the lights aren't great. Lézignan are just about good enough. Toulouse maybe? Catalans can use Brutus, Villeneuve ? St Gaudens ?  What did the club's do when Pathé sport used to do Monday nights? 

12 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

P

If this comes off, absolutely brilliant news.  

Official announcements on production timescales and progress will be stimulating too.

39 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Paul. I'm not sure if the club's have adequate floodlights for filming except for Avignon and Carcassonne. I know limoux can't play at night or Palau. Albi do but the lights aren't great. Lézignan are just about good enough. Toulouse maybe? Catalans can use Brutus, Villeneuve ? St Gaudens ?  What did the club's do when Pathé sport used to do Monday nights? 

Not a problem Barnyia we went through this before in the early 2000 (Pathe Sport/Sport +)

St Esteve is fine fairly new lights (Brutus as back up Palau can move matches no problem)

VIllenneuve (Fine we had a floodlight match v Lezignan back in 2000 good lights)

Carcassonne good

St Gaudens (Moves to local athletic stadium)

Albi will be adequate 

Toulouse OK

Avignon excellent 

Last time round we never had a match on at Limoux and Lezignan one in the afternoon on a bank holiday we can look to hold matches on bank holiday (Monday afternoons where teams do not have lights:)

I remember those Monday nights with Pathé Sports in the early 2000s. Was present at St Gaudens for FCL held at the athletics ground below the town. Lovely autumnal evening with the main stand packed out to the rafters and the barbeque doing great business.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

So just palau and limoux will be a problem. 

Both can have matches on a bank holiday in the afternoon (Jean-Claude president of Palau) has been really helpful and has offered that we can store the LED set at the stadium along with the truck that will be needed to transport everything around pitch painting equipment branded goal posts TV interview back drops Uncle Tom cobbly and all  etc:)

Works well for myself as when I am not at home in Kent I live just over the border in a place called Perelada so only around 40 mins to get to Palau in the car.

49 minutes ago, audois said:

I remember those Monday nights with Pathé Sports in the early 2000s. Was present at St Gaudens for FCL held at the athletics ground below the town. Lovely autumnal evening with the main stand packed out to the rafters and the barbeque doing great business.

St Gaudens at the athletic stadium Gordon was one of my favourites and always a good crowd I remember a match there around June one year everyone stayed at a hotel called the 7 Moules.

Rudolph Louis Bernard Baldy myself and the TV crew polished off a near full bottle of brandy with just the words 1943 written on a white label in ink (I nicknamed it the nazi brandy LOL:) the following morning when we checked out the hotel we had a shock.

Room/breakfast 40 euros each

Nazi brandy 2400 euros :(((((

St Gaudens at the athletic stadium Gordon was one of my favourites and always a good crowd I remember a match there around June one year everyone stayed at a hotel called the 7 Moules.

Rudolph Louis Bernard Baldy myself and the TV crew polished off a near full bottle of brandy with just the words 1943 written on a white label in ink (I nicknamed it the nazi brandy LOL:) the following morning when we checked out the hotel we had a shock.

Room/breakfast 40 euros each

Nazi brandy 2400 euros :(((((

I bet none of you could even remember what it tasted like! 

Archived