Brisbane the favourite to host 2032 Olympicss

47 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

A great opportunity to showcase RL as a demonstration sport? 

If so, is eleven years too short a period for our sport to get its act together? 

The Olympics are already overcrowded with different sports imho, the WC is a far better way to showcase the game, it doesn’t need to be showcased to Queenslanders. 

58 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

A great opportunity to showcase RL as a demonstration sport? 

If so, is eleven years too short a period for our sport to get its act together? 

If they was to get the Olympics again surely it would be best to run the Rugby League season as near as possible and hoping people from other countries who will already be there watch some games

2 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Listening to the radio yesterday it appears that there is only Brisbane in the running.

I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of places were put off hosting the Olympics due to the costs involved. This is likely to be worse post Covid.

14 minutes ago, Damien said:

I wouldn't be surprised. A lot of places were put off hosting the Olympics due to the costs involved. This is likely to be worse post Covid.

I just hope the NRL showcase our game if Brisbane get the nod with all them international athletes and sports administraters there

23 minutes ago, Damien said:

Looking over it, there wasn't even really a competitive process for 2024 (Paris) and 2028 (LA) as by the time the IOC got round to doing their compromise there were only two cities left with bids in so they gave one 2024 and the other 2028.

I suspect if Brisbane wants it and can prove it has the money and political will then it's unlikely to face serious opposition unless China or an equivalent steps in.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

36 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

If they was to get the Olympics again surely it would be best to run the Rugby League season as near as possible and hoping people from other countries who will already be there watch some games

The difficulty would be venue availability in and around Brisbane. You'd expect that Suncorp, Cbus and The Gabba would all be Olympic venues, so they'd be off-limits to anyone during the Olympic period.

The closest RL could probably get to Brisbane in that week is probably Sunshine Coast or Toowoomba.  

1 minute ago, whatmichaelsays said:

The difficulty would be venue availability in and around Brisbane. You'd expect that Suncorp, Cbus and The Gabba would all be Olympic venues, so they'd be off-limits to anyone during the Olympic period.

The closest RL could probably get to Brisbane in that week is probably Sunshine Coast or Toowoomba.  

Hopefully there might be some Olympic athletes staying in them areas and they might get so see a game once they have finished their training for that day

6 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Hopefully there might be some Olympic athletes staying in them areas and they might get so see a game once they have finished their training for that day

Experience shows that Olympic athletes spend their downtime getting jiggy with other Olympic athletes in their Olympic shagpalace (village) and then fly back to their warm weather training areas so they can re-evaluate their diet and nutritional choices (drugs).

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

What would a 800m runner from Belarus or Skateboarder from California going to watch the Broncos v Sea Eagles do for the game of RL? 

35 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Workington’s new sports village with community facilities should have just finished by then so I think we should bid and go head to head with Brisbane . I’m sure everyone would prefer flocking here 

why not a joint bid facilities... I mean having had Toronto and such in leagues here the distance taking that logic  isn't a problem....

3 minutes ago, redjonn said:

why not a joint bid facilities... I mean having had Toronto and such in leagues here the distance taking that logic  isn't a problem....

Indeed . We’ll have athletics , boxing , football and rugby league and they can have swimming and gymnastics 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Stadiums with running tracks are garbage for watching football codes tbf. 

I agree but it’s highly unlikely to stay as a 60k+ athletics stadium after the games. It will probably be either refitted Sydney style to a big stadium that can hold big RL games or stripped right down to a smaller stadium perfect for Brisbane 2. 

47 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Workington’s new sports village with community facilities should have just finished by then so I think we should bid and go head to head with Brisbane . I’m sure everyone would prefer flocking here 

Moreton Bay or Siddick

South Bank or Annie Pit

Surfers or Scaryport

Tough choice,could go either way 😂

Archived