Fri 9th Apr: CC3: York City Knights v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45 (The Sportsman)

Who will win?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• York City Knights
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/21 at 19:15

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Looks like he’s a season away from Superleague,a spell on loan once Wigan’s first choice wingers are back wouldn’t do him any harm.

I could say the same about Liam Byrne. He's strong as an ox and a willing player, but looks a bit raw for SL level.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the game, even though it was obvious Wigan would win from fairly early on.

I also enjoyed the coverage.  In particular, the use of action replays was restrained and, usually, timely.  George Riley was a good (i.e. unobtrusive) commentator.  Tony Rea is head and shoulders above anybody at Sky, possibly Jon Wells excepted. Specifically, Rea points out things that I haven't seen, because his reading of a game is far superior to mine and he has the articulacy to describe succinctly what he is seeing and thinking.

Just now, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I enjoyed the game, even though it was obvious Wigan would win from fairly early on.

I also enjoyed the coverage.  In particular, the use of action replays was restrained and, usually, timely.  George Riley was a good (i.e. unobtrusive) commentator.  Tony Rea is head and shoulders above anybody at Sky, possibly Jon Wells excepted. Specifically, Rea points out things that I haven't seen, because his reading of a game is far superior to mine and he has the articulacy to describe succinctly what he is seeing and thinking.

Let's hope The Sportsman don't lose Tony's phone number. He needs to be a regular for their live streams.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I could say the same about Liam Byrne. He's strong as an ox and a willing player, but looks a bit raw for SL level.

We are lacking a big dominant prop,that would supplement the crop of talented young forwards.

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

That were absolute quality comment, that...

Impressed with the coverage, watched on you tube via TV browser, no buffering, no pixilating and in HD. 

Commentary good, nice to have replays on a stream. 

One negative commentators watching on TV which means they were unsure about some basics, example had a goal been kicked or not as camera didn't show flags. 

York put up a decent show against a Wigan team that was playing at about half pace. That is no slight on York who hid a few men for more important things for them, the league. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

Impressed with the coverage, watched on you tube via TV browser, no buffering, no pixilating and in HD. 

One negative commentators watching on TV which means they were unsure about some basics, example had a goal been kicked or not as camera didn't show flags. 

York put up a decent show against a Wigan team that was playing at about half pace. That is no slight on York who hid a few men for more important things for them, the league. 

Plus, unlike some otherwise excellent streams, they had some content to show between the first and second halves. Pre-recorded maybe, but that's very different from the silent, static picture you get from some sources. I watched a bit of Sky's YouTube livestream of the netball earlier this evening, and they had silent sections between quarters. So even the big broadcasters don't always get it right.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Plus, unlike some otherwise excellent streams, they had some content to show between the first and second halves. Pre-recorded maybe, but that's very different from the silent, static picture you get from some sources. I watched a bit of Sky's YouTube livestream of the netball earlier this evening, and they had silent sections between quarters. So even the big broadcasters don't always get it right.

Do you get those fillers on OuRLeague, it was their production. 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

19 minutes ago, Padge said:

Hid a few men ? , they were the only blokes we had available due to injuries , two 17 yr olds making their debut.

2 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Hid a few men ? , they were the only blokes we had available , two 17 yr olds making their debut.

That's what the press release said (availability),  it makes good publicity, I'm all for it. Let's be honest though, if this was a league game that York had a chance of winning in a late season promotion push several of the missing players would have been in. 

The comment wasn't a slight on York it was merely a comment on the way the game was played. 

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

That's what the press release said (availability),  it makes good publicity, I'm all for it. Let's be honest though, if this was a league game that York had a chance of winning in a late season promotion push several of the missing players would have been in. 

The comment wasn't a slight on York it was merely a comment on the way the game was played. 

What ? your coach may do that but ours would not risk the possibility of ending a players career by making the 

injury a whole lot worse.

5 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

What ? your coach may do that but ours would not risk the possibility of ending a players career by making the 

injury a whole lot worse.

That is hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Quality int he 😀

Archived