Sam Burgess making a comeback?

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

Come on Manfred , don’t get into grammar police territory ... we all mistype at times don’t we . 

Some of us do, but some of us rarely. He did it twice in one sentence.

Anyway, I am not convinced that either mistake was a mistype.

I think there was always going to be a point when Sam Burgess was was fit and healthy that rumours of him coming out of retirement would spring up.  No doubt that if he was fit he would have a good couple of years left in him.

But his shoulder was chronically damaged and it is one thing being gym fit and quite another taking the punishment of a Rugby League game.

Another conplication is that he was medically retired which meant Souths could pay his contract out but get dispensation from the cap... if he came out of retirement that would create a huge mess for all parties involved.

All things considered it is massively unlikely. But who knows... maybe Sam will be in an England shirt come November!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

But his shoulder was chronically damaged and it is one thing being gym fit and quite another taking the punishment of a Rugby League game.

Indeed , punishment more often not on the shoulder 

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I think there was always going to be a point when Sam Burgess was was fit and healthy that rumours of him coming out of retirement would spring up.  No doubt that if he was fit he would have a good couple of years left in him.

Another conplication is that he was medically retired which meant Souths could pay his contract out but get dispensation from the cap... if he came out of retirement that would create a huge mess for all parties involved.

All things considered it is massively unlikely. But who knows... maybe Sam will be in an England shirt come November!

Could he technically just go straight into the England set up with no club attachment? I wouldn't have a problem with it. He would only need 1-2 warm ups. 

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Could he technically just go straight into the England set up with no club attachment? I wouldn't have a problem with it. He would only need 1-2 warm ups. 

I guess he could, it would be unusual but not impossible. 

Now that you bring it up, it is probably worth me dropping Mr Wane a note letting him know that while I am not technically attached to a professional club, I am still available.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

Now that you bring it up, it is probably worth me dropping Mr Wane a note letting him know that while I am not technically attached to a professional club, I am still available.

Don't call him between 10am and 11am as he doesn't liked to be disturbed during Homes Under The Hammer. 

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Reminds me of when my mate said something similar to McNamara when he was England coach, McNamara replied "I've got your number, don't wait by the phone".

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

A fox story this morning - Braith Anasta, seems that he’s Buregess’s advisor, addlitted that Sam had been approached by a couple of NRL clubs but had rejected the offers as his RL career is over. And that that only reason that he’s been training with/on gold coast is to get fit for the aussi SAS Tv show (something to do with Ant Middleton?)

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

Anytime these stories pop up its just handy to go and read the synopsis on his situation from NRL physio . 

Or just google TBH - which has the answer literally right there in the first return.

Any training is linked to the SAS programme which is already filming.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 hours ago, DavidM said:

Anytime these stories pop up its just handy to go and read the synopsis on his situation from NRL physio . 

When it’s started by our resident NRL cheerleader a quick check usually reveals a headline totally bereft of facts.

Archived