Toulouse v Swinton switched

36 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

My French is on par with my Klingon, what does it say?

Something like....

The Toulouse Olympique XIII v Swinton Lions match on Saturday 22 May, initially scheduled for Ernest Wallon, will now be played in England. Kick-off at 4 p.m. (French Time), broadcast live on the OuRLeague platform.

As a reminder, club subscribers and partners will be able to watch the match for free using the code sent to them before the match against Widnes. If you have not received yours, please contact the club.

The Blues and Whites find themselves in the same situation as for the match against Widnes, which has already been moved across the Channel, namely that TO and Swinton face each other only once during the regular season, the two teams are obliged to play this match, as stipulated before the start of the season by the English federation (RFL).

This match, which will be played at Heywood Road, home of the Lions, will be considered a home match for TO and as such, they will receive 90% of the revenue generated, as access to the broadcast is by the pay-per-view system. One more reason to watch this game! 

31 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Something like....

The Toulouse Olympique XIII v Swinton Lions match on Saturday 22 May, initially scheduled for Ernest Wallon, will now be played in England. Kick-off at 4 p.m. (French Time), broadcast live on the OuRLeague platform.

As a reminder, club subscribers and partners will be able to watch the match for free using the code sent to them before the match against Widnes. If you have not received yours, please contact the club.

The Blues and Whites find themselves in the same situation as for the match against Widnes, which has already been moved across the Channel, namely that TO and Swinton face each other only once during the regular season, the two teams are obliged to play this match, as stipulated before the start of the season by the English federation (RFL).

This match, which will be played at Heywood Road, home of the Lions, will be considered a home match for TO and as such, they will receive 90% of the revenue generated, as access to the broadcast is by the pay-per-view system. One more reason to watch this game! 

Does this mean we have to be subjected to George Riley's 'French Commentary' again? 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Just Fev not sorting out their fixture with them 😉

Because the french government confirmed that France would stay in the amber category – meaning travel to France is not recommended, and must be followed by a 10-day period of self-isolation Government confirmed that France would stay in the amber category – meaning travel to France is not recommended, and must be followed by a 10-day period of self-isolation so they postponed newcastle game and are are playing swinton in uk  still on the 22nd remember they did the same for widnes playing at swinton day after origional date but chose not to do the same for FEV on the 1st and all I can say is thank you still got chance of trip to La Ville Rose

Regarding FEV game 

One of the two potential dates for rearranged matches in Toulouse, the weekend of June 5-6, has now been ruled out with France on the amber list for three weeks from May 17.That leaves the weekend of July 17-18 as the first – and only – available slot for rearranged Toulouse home fixtures.At this stage the Featherstone game would be rearranged for that weekend, should France be reclassified as a green list country – unless Featherstone reach the Final of the AB Sundecks 1895 Cup, in which case the Newcastle fixture would be rearranged. 

So if FEV reach final only date available is the  5th 6th in the uk which is disappointing but will it happen your guess is as good as mine

Isn't this all about making sure to play those opponents just once in 2021. Widnes to be followed by Whithaven this weekend and Swinton next. That would then leave just Sheffield I think. Of the 22 games scheduled you have to play all the other sides at least once.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

3 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Either that or Toulouse just choosing to play the easy games! 

A game is never easy before the whistle, only after, sitting in the sheds savouring a winning 50-0

38 minutes ago, kiggy said:

A game is never easy before the whistle, only after, sitting in the sheds savouring a winning 50-0

Ultimately there will only be 1 Fev v Toulouse game that matters and that will be the last one because in all probability it will be the grand final 

14 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Ultimately there will only be 1 Fev v Toulouse game that matters and that will be the last one because in all probability it will be the grand final 

stranger things have happened, i'm sure Batley might have a word to say about that

On 14/05/2021 at 12:19, kiggy said:

I wonder if Toulouse will also get 90% of the gate receipts, if indeed they’re aware that UK fans are allowed to attend by that point?! Unless it’s being kept behind closed doors?

On 14/05/2021 at 18:26, kiggy said:

stranger things have happened, i'm sure Batley might have a word to say about that

commentators curse

8 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I wonder if Toulouse will also get 90% of the gate receipts, if indeed they’re aware that UK fans are allowed to attend by that point?! Unless it’s being kept behind closed doors?

No, I think there will be a crowd. I'm not sure of the gate receipts, I would assume yes. 

3 hours ago, kiggy said:

commentators curse

It happens any team can beat any other in this league. I get your point though I think a few clubs could beat Fev or Toulouse on the day but over a season they will be the top 2 clubs. Yes anything can happen in the playoffs last time Fev got to the final from 5th so it can happen.

Archived