Match Thread: Championship Round 7, Sheffield v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-23rd-May-2021

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I doubt the away game in Toulouse will now be played. So that means we will have the home game and potentially two play off games

Will be interesting to see Toulouse don’t have a very good record in the playoffs, will their new players turn that mentality around.

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Ah right.... I thought it was the same format as last year.

We don't have the same format every year Robin. It's Rugby League. We don't even have the same rules in each league. What's this golden point they have in SUPER League. Oh I know it's what the championship used to have. And them funny little scrums they have in Australia, they could catch on here soon😄😄😄😄

Anyone watch the Retro game on SKY between Fev and Hull F.C. 1995 scrums then and there is nothing wrong with them if the forwards behave.Don't think there was a penalty given for a scrum offence all the game.We managed to lose after being 12 points up with 8 min to play.Just like Fev.Brendan Tuuta had a good game scoring a try making one and dishing a bit out.God how i miss him.

A bit scrappy second half after the enforced delay, It seemed to upset the ball movement , but that said it was a fairly professional performance 4.30 to 7.15 seems a long time for a RL match

19 minutes ago, haskey said:

A bit scrappy second half after the enforced delay, It seemed to upset the ball movement , but that said it was a fairly professional performance 4.30 to 7.15 seems a long time for a RL match

Yeah difficult to come back with the same intensity when ahead by a distance after such a long delay. 

As other have said the second half was a bit disjointed but as well as the long delay we were even further off our first-choice line-up after Bussey went off, hope he's ok as he's been terrific lately but it didn't look great.

Extended minutes for Callum Field, who went really well and got through a lot of work. With Loui McConnell also on for much of the second half and Jones and Parata on at the same time for the last 20 minutes, along with the wind and rain, it's excusable that we lacked fluency at times.

The one negative was that all three of their tries once again came from us inviting them to our 20m area through penalties or errors. They never really looked like making enough metres to threaten us otherwise.

Yeah mad to see our two hookers forming a big tackle partnership. Yeah Bussey has been brilliant this season, he's defo a big part of what we are trying to achieve so hope he's back soon. Yes, thought field went OK against Oldham and again today. 

5 minutes ago, Drifter said:

Reading that Robin brought back bad memories of that Grand Final where Fax were the same. Fortunately our opponents today couldn't replicate what Fax did

I've seen rovers lose some desperately hard games. Some denying us Wembley or even a punt at the title.

But none hurt more than that bloody game. By the time that ball left Ben Black's foot, I was on my way out of the stadium. I hardly spoke to anyone for a week

Archived