Jump to content

New venue for Origin I


Recommended Posts


2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

For Australian’s maybe.

That’s like saying that Boca v River Plate isn’t bigger than Inverness Caley Thistle v Ross County because people in the highlands are more into the latter. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

That’s like saying that Boca v River Plate isn’t bigger than Inverness Caley Thistle v Ross County because people in the highlands are more into the latter. 

No it isn’t 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No it isn’t 

Which game is bigger than Origin then? I can’t think of any measure where it isn’t the biggest game, which I find sad as the international game should be bigger. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Which game is bigger than Origin then? I can’t think of any measure where it isn’t the biggest game, which I find sad as the international game should be bigger. 

Do we expect more people to watch Origin than the World Cup final this year?

  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No it isn’t 

Yes it is

No it isn't

Yes it is

No it isn't

Yes it is

No it isn't

There, that should save you bothering for the next couple of hours or so.

  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought this was a forum, where you could chat with others about what you might find interesting. Didn't realise needed to bow to a party line in terms of topics.

Fair enough, I'll have a look at the featherstone investigation thread that I've ignored 10 pages of up until now and started getting really into whatever that's about. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Spidey said:

 

OMG!! This would be a massive advantage for Qld and a far more hostile atmosphere than Brisbane.

Lots of NSW people reside in Brisbane, so a fair chucnk of the crowdis always supporting Blues in Brisbane. Whereas very few live in North Qld so it will be an extremely parochial crowd.

Again, I support Qld, so 🤞 am hoping it is true!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, langpark said:

OMG!! This would be a massive advantage for Qld and a far more hostile atmosphere than Brisbane.

Lots of NSW people reside in Brisbane, so a fair chucnk of the crowdis always supporting Blues in Brisbane. Whereas very few live in North Qld so it will be an extremely parochial crowd.

Again, I support Qld, so 🤞 am hoping it is true!!

I think it's always good shaking up venues every now and again regardless of the circumstances

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I think it's always good shaking up venues every now and again regardless of the circumstances

It is a tough one. For a match that sells out within half an hour of tickets going on sale, it is pretty hard to justify moving it from a 52k capacity venue, to a 25k one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Not insular games like origin, that’s for sure.

I’d rather watch Peru v Uruguay or other developing nations games than that sh#te.

So, you would rather watch a game between Aussie amateurs than Aussie professionals, is basically what you are telling us. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Not insular games like origin, that’s for sure.

I’d rather watch Peru v Uruguay or other developing nations games than that sh#te.

How are they insular? Is all international sport insular because they can only chose players from their own country? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, langpark said:

It is a tough one. For a match that sells out within half an hour of tickets going on sale, it is pretty hard to justify moving it from a 52k capacity venue, to a 25k one. 

Only has to be every so often - to keep the whole state engaged

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

How are they insular? Is all international sport insular because they can only chose players from their own country? 

Queensland v NSW is insular as not only is it a contest between 2 states but it’s the biggest game on the RL planet which harms international RL which should be the pinnacle of the game.

If it wasn’t for origin players like Kalyn ponga would be representing New Zealand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Would you also rather watch Ashton Bears v Thatto Heath Crusaders A than Australia v New Zealand? 

yep, cause I would be able to watch the other on TV catch-up/youtube or whereever its repeated... you wouldn't be able to ashton/thatto  unless attended...

Edited by redjonn
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...