Fri 25 Jun: Intl: England v Combined Nations All Stars KO 20:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 1 to 6 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 7 to 12 points
    • Combined Nations All Stars by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/06/21 at 19:45

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Mcgilvary made an argument to be brought back into the England fold, although for me Ryan Hall is the form super league winger at present.

The problem with McGilvary is pace; same with Hall. What they had is gone. And we need pace on the wings. It’s why Johnstone is a massive loss if he doesn’t play as he’s a good ball carrier, excellent finishing ability, good under the high ball and tonnes of speed. 

7 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Amazing to see that the biggest block of people on here thought England would win by 13 or more!

Arrogance?

Or just a lack of RL knowledge?

That England team was laughable. Take out Farrell's performance and Morgan Knowles' try, and they offered basically nothing. 

I usually find that my game predications are 100% accurate after the game has been played as well.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Amazing to see that the biggest block of people on here thought England would win by 13 or more!

Arrogance?

Or just a lack of RL knowledge?

That England team was laughable. Take out Farrell's performance and Morgan Knowles' try, and they offered basically nothing. 

That chip on your shoulder must take some balancing 

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That chip on your shoulder must take some balancing 

No chip.

I am just stating the obvious.... That England team that they put out, were absolutely garbage,and will frighten nobody. (None of the big boys anyway).

I am well aware however that the team who play in the World Cup will be considerably stronger, and look a lot different (especially with the NRL guys all playing).

If you look at the comments under the YouTube highlights, the vast majority of people agree with me.

I assume from your reaction, that you are one of the people who thought England would win. If so, perhaps you could enlighten us as to why? They were playing a team of basically NRL-rejects, who had virtually no preparation together, yet were able to humiliate them relatively easily. 

3 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I assume from your reaction, that you are one of the people who thought England would win. If so, perhaps you could enlighten us as to why? They were playing a team of basically NRL-rejects, who had virtually no preparation together, yet were able to humiliate them relatively easily. 

You get no points for describing a game that has already happened as if you were somehow prophetic about how the game would pan out.  It's a very lazy debating style.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I didn’t make one as I put no significance on the game in regard having a bearing on the World Cup , other than who won’t be there 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I didn’t make one as I put no significance on the game in regard having a bearing on the World Cup , other than who won’t be there 

It's England's first game since 2018.

Sounds like international Rugby League isn't your thing yet you come on here accusing people of having a chip on their shoulder. Why bother if it interests you so little?

Just now, The Frying Scotsman said:

It's England's first game since 2018.

Sounds like international Rugby League isn't your thing yet you come on here accusing people of having a chip on their shoulder. Why bother if it interests you so little?

More your anti English digs you like to get in 

1 hour ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

No chip.

I am just stating the obvious.... That England team that they put out, were absolutely garbage,and will frighten nobody. (None of the big boys anyway).

I am well aware however that the team who play in the World Cup will be considerably stronger, and look a lot different (especially with the NRL guys all playing).

If you look at the comments under the YouTube highlights, the vast majority of people agree with me.

That team with Lomax in is stronger straight away, and he was originally named at 6. We also lost a prop in the lead up who will have started. So whilst you are right that the future teams will be much stronger, that team the other day was hardly outclassed, losing the game due to a penalty goal, so it was hardly an outrageous thought that England would win. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

That team with Lomax in is stronger straight away, and he was originally named at 6. We also lost a prop in the lead up who will have started. So whilst you are right that the future teams will be much stronger, that team the other day was hardly outclassed, losing the game due to a penalty goal, so it was hardly an outrageous thought that England would win. 

@Dave T, it wasn't an outrageous thought that England would win, I agree.

The game was relatively close as you say. 

I was more commenting on the fact that the biggest voting bloc thought England would win easily (by the largest margin available). It does smack of a real arrogance among their fanbase on here (or a lack of understanding of the game, whereby they couldn't see that a lot of Superleague's better players are not actually English). 

5 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

The problem with McGilvary is pace; same with Hall. What they had is gone. And we need pace on the wings. It’s why Johnstone is a massive loss if he doesn’t play as he’s a good ball carrier, excellent finishing ability, good under the high ball and tonnes of speed. 

Quite. The Aussies would just create space on the outside for the likes of Addo Carr to burn Hall or Jerry

31 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

It does smack of a real arrogance among their fanbase on here (or a lack of understanding of the game, whereby they couldn't see that a lot of Superleague's better players are not actually English). 

I would accept your criticism that predicting the result incorrectly was a 'lack of understanding of the game' if you can quote your post predicting the correct outcome of the game.

Until you do that you are just trying to pretend that you know more than others by predicting the outcome of a game that has already taken place.

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I would accept your criticism that predicting the result incorrectly was a 'lack of understanding of the game' if you can quote your post predicting the correct outcome of the game.

Until you do that you are just trying to pretend that you know more than others by predicting the outcome of a game that has already taken place.

Hands up. I was wrong as well. I thought the All Stars would win by slightly more. 

However my point (as already outlined) was that the biggest group of posters thought England would win by the largest margin possible.

8 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Hands up. I was wrong as well. I thought the All Stars would win by slightly more. 

However my point (as already outlined) was that the biggest group of posters thought England would win by the largest margin possible.

As I say, predicting who will win a game is always a bit easier after the game has finished.

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

As I say, predicting who will win a game is always a bit easier after the game has finished.

Come on now , you got it wrong so by definition you’re arrogant or ignorant . Which is it …? 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Come on now , you got it wrong so by definition you’re arrogant or ignorant . Which is it …? 

Can I not be both? It feels like I'm both if I'm being true to myself.

2 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

@Dave T, it wasn't an outrageous thought that England would win, I agree.

The game was relatively close as you say. 

I was more commenting on the fact that the biggest voting bloc thought England would win easily (by the largest margin available). It does smack of a real arrogance among their fanbase on here (or a lack of understanding of the game, whereby they couldn't see that a lot of Superleague's better players are not actually English). 

It really doesn’t smack of any arrogance,it’s called opinion which is surely what an online fans forum is aimed at 

Just now, Davo5 said:

It really doesn’t smack of any arrogance,it’s called opinion which is surely what an online fans forum is aimed at 

Agreed - it is absolutely all about opinions. Good point, and you are 100% correct. Something a few others on here should be mindful of. 

A load of England fans on here were of the opinion that they would easily run over a bunch of ex-NRL rejects by the widest of margins. 

Some people might say that holding that opinion was quite arrogant, and had very little foundation in reality.

Archived