Sun 1 Aug: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Warrington Wolves KO 19:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/21 at 19:00

Just now, johnh1 said:

What - even when he can clearly see that the ball was NOT grounded?

There was at no point where every angle showed the ball had not been grounded, if one angle isn't conclusive the rest have to be dismissed as that one angle may have been were it was grounded.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, johnh1 said:

What - even when he can clearly see that the ball was NOT grounded?

There was at no point where every angle showed the ball had not been grounded, if one angle isn't conclusive the rest have to be dismissed as that one angle may have been were it was grounded.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

23 minutes ago, M j M said:

That video ref decision was utterly grotesque. 

When will we ever be rid of this stupid, stupid system where the on field referee's guess carries any weight whatsoever.

Yep, naturally I'll take the win, but its an appalling and unnecessary system. 

Although even with that system I thought there was a clear angle showing no try. 

1 minute ago, Padge said:

One angle very clearly showed the ball not grounded then stolen by a Leeds player. It should have been a Warrington ball for the Leeds player getting pushed in touch. A truly awful decision that had a huge baring in the result.

1 minute ago, The Blues Ox said:

One angle very clearly showed the ball not grounded then stolen by a Leeds player. It should have been a Warrington ball for the Leeds player getting pushed in touch. A truly awful decision that had a huge baring in the result.

If I remember correctly there have been plenty of similar instances since the system was introduced. However, I don’t remember Warrington benefitting from it before today so maybe it’s just our turn to get the rub of the green. Should even itself out over the course of a few seasons 😊

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Yep, naturally I'll take the win, but its an appalling and unnecessary system. 

Although even with that system I thought there was a clear angle showing no try. 

That's not how it works, I have whinged about this from day one. There was an angle which was inconclusive and the VR went with that.

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

Leeds have every right to be absolutely fuming about the difference being a try given by a video ref who could clearly see the ball wasn't grounded.

You had twenty minutes which were just Kendall apologising for getting the call wrong and trying to calm down the South Stand. It was a poor decision but plenty went your way afterwards.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Warrington have been well below par in the last couple of games but scraped through. Hopefully the form will pick up when it counts.

Can’t be too critical of either team bearing in mind the disruption. I think Warrington have barely trained together since early July.

5 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Some shocking decisions by both the ref and video ref. Kendal evened it up for Leeds by giving loads of weak penalties against Warrington. 

Grow up

8 minutes ago, Mark S said:

I hope someone is keeping an eye on O’Connor.

Do you mean O'Connor, Arthur, or Barrie McDermott? I thought it was a bit much when they stood up as one and sang Marching On Together.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Must say id be gutted if i was leeds with the charnley try decision . The on field call system is rubbish , but stevie wonder could see on the video that ball was never grounded 

There were angles that showed he couldn't see it wasn't, that is why since it was brought in I have banged on about it is a a bad idea.

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Even the players knew it wasn’t a try

Credit to the Warrington fans for influencing Kendall with a big cheer when Charnley attempted to put it down. If they’d been a bit quieter he may have sent it up as a no-try? 😉

1 minute ago, Padge said:

There were angles that showed he couldn't see it wasn't, that is why since it was brought in I have banged on about it is a a bad idea.

There was an angle - weve just seen again - that was totally conclusive , which isthe threshold . You dont need any other angle . It was a terrible decision by the VR

7 minutes ago, Padge said:

That's not how it works, I have whinged about this from day one. There was an angle which was inconclusive and the VR went with that.

IMHO there was an angle that proved the ball didn't go down. It was conclusive. 

You only need one conclusive angle. 

Archived