Jump to content

Sat 4-Sun 5 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, RSN said:

Based on playing both sides in 2 weeks I thought North Wales are better. We played well against North Wales but they were just better and game was over 65 mins. We had 2 sin bins against Doncater and played awful yet it was still a game until last 5 mins. Only based on 2 games but on NW Crusaders form including win over Workington away I'd fancy them. Small number of games to make a judgement on though. 

Perspective isn't it? Doncaster were well off their game today and sneaked a win. Shocking completion rate in 1st half. Only 3 real attacking plays on the Coventry line and 2 tries. Completion in the 2nd half was slightly better but both sides looked knackered.

I would add btw that we've beaten Workington both home and away.

Edited by Rob Nash
Link to comment
Share on other sites


9 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Perspective isn't it? Doncaster were well off their game today and sneaked a win. Shocking completion rate in 1st half. Only 3 real attacking plays on the Coventry line and 2 tries. Completion in the 2nd half was slightly better but both sides looked knackered.

I would add btw that we've beaten Workington both home and away.

As said small sample of games. 

Itll be an unpredictable play offs for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Perspective isn't it? Doncaster were well off their game today and sneaked a win. Shocking completion rate in 1st half. Only 3 real attacking plays on the Coventry line and 2 tries. Completion in the 2nd half was slightly better but both sides looked knackered.

I would add btw that we've beaten Workington both home and away.

That away win at Workington along with NWC away win at Workington cost them the league title, ultimately you must make your home ground a fortress then build around that in away games, which is why Barrow have clinched it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RSN said:

As said small sample of games. 

Itll be an unpredictable play offs for sure.

Wouldn’t like to say who will go up in the play offs will be very interesting. Hopefully a win next week for us and we can enjoy everyone else fight it out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

That away win at Workington along with NWC away win at Workington cost them the league title, ultimately you must make your home ground a fortress then build around that in away games, which is why Barrow have clinched it. 

We were flying at that point. Missing Matty Beharell going into the playoffs may cost us. We had Cockayne and Sweeting in the halves today but without either Beharell or Johnston we're struggling to create anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

That away win at Workington along with NWC away win at Workington cost them the league title, ultimately you must make your home ground a fortress then build around that in away games, which is why Barrow have clinched it. 

 Can’t argue with that . We lost one away match . You can go back and pick the season to bits but it’s irrelevant now. You’ve just got to move forward , say you have the advantage in the play offs and try and make it count . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

We were flying at that point. Missing Matty Beharell going into the playoffs may cost us. We had Cockayne and Sweeting in the halves today but without either Beharell or Johnston we're struggling to create anything. 

Call it a hunch, but I think Matty may be back next week.

The try called back for the Bears was for offside, the Dons also had one disallowed just before Johnson scored for a forward pass as well. 😄

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, robt said:

Call it a hunch, but I think Matty may be back next week.

The try called back for the Bears was for offside, the Dons also had one disallowed just before Johnson scored for a forward pass as well. 😄

I'd love to see Matty back for the playoffs Rob. Next week maybe a bit too soon? If Johnston is back next week I'll be happy enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Zach didn't come back on after being subbed. Hope he's ok.

Neither did Sam Smeaton, which is why Liam Johnson and Aaron York ended up out there.

  • Like 1

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Rob Nash said:

I'd say if everyone is fit then York and Johnson are Dons best fringe runners. 

Theres a reason that Aaron York has as many tries as he has this season, and thats this.

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite the result, we really enjoyed our day out at Keighley. It's a great set up there and the weather was kind for the families day which made for a really good occasion.

We had the upper hand in the first half and thought we might be in with a chance of our first win at Cougar Park, but Keighley played some really good stuff in the last 20 minutes or so and were the better team on the day, and deserved the win.

To start the day in third place with two games to go, and a mathematical (if highly unlikely) possibility of finishing top, is a fantastic achievement for our club and goes some way to explaining the celebratory mood in the bar after the game.

I think yesterday's results confirm the top six teams, with only the final placings between 3rd and 5th to be settled next week.

  • Like 5

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay;  My, oh, my, what a wonderful day,

Plenty of sunshine headin' our way;  At Stadiwm Zip World, Colwyn Bay!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

No apologies here as I just need to shout BARROW..BARROW…BARROW

Cracking last minute to your game - well worth catching the try and conversion on Twitter (unless you're a Hornets fan).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fearnowt said:

Despite the result, we really enjoyed our day out at Keighley. It's a great set up there and the weather was kind for the families day which made for a really good occasion.

We had the upper hand in the first half and thought we might be in with a chance of our first win at Cougar Park, but Keighley played some really good stuff in the last 20 minutes or so and were the better team on the day, and deserved the win.

To start the day in third place with two games to go, and a mathematical (if highly unlikely) possibility of finishing top, is a fantastic achievement for our club and goes some way to explaining the celebratory mood in the bar after the game.

I think yesterday's results confirm the top six teams, with only the final placings between 3rd and 5th to be settled next week.

Can't disagree with that assessment.

 

Good turnout from the Cru away fans and a great party atmosphere in the Clubhouse after the game.. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...