Sat 25 Sept: Batley Bulldogs v Bradford Bulls KO 15:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Batley Bulldogs
    • Bradford Bulls

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/09/21 at 15:00

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Any players that a neutral should look out for on either side?

Does this register much on the scale as far as West Yorkshire derbies go?  Any needle?

I understand Bradford are more bothered about Leeds and Halifax.  Obviously Batley vs Dewsbury is the big one for the dawgs.

Tom Gilmour is the playmaker for Batley and Luke Hooley at full back is playing well.

As you say, Dewsbury is the main rivalry for Batley.  Though it's a friendly rivalry. 

The ground and the unique slope is very interesting for a neutral. It has a real charm and uniqueness. 

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Any players that a neutral should look out for on either side?

Does this register much on the scale as far as West Yorkshire derbies go?  Any needle?

I understand Bradford are more bothered about Leeds and Halifax.  Obviously Batley vs Dewsbury is the big one for the dawgs.

Tommy Doyle, young lad. DFJ ont wing Ant Walker and Scurr if he plays.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Cheers everyone for responses - will stick this on for sure.

It's good you are interested.

I hope you will support Batley lol. 

I must admit I always want St Helens to win as I like Alex, he was very nice to my stepdaughter at a Batley game. 

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Cheers everyone for responses - will stick this on for sure.

I don't think the cameras really do justice to the slope at Mount Pleasant, but it's like no other ground in that respect, and can make for fascinating tactical games, all the more so with wily ex-Batley coach Kear at the helm for the Bulls. The coin toss can be genuinely important here.

It's a characterful ground in so many ways and a favourite away day for many Championship followers.

Of players to look out for, Batley's Elliott Hall, who tends to play off the bench, is a talent to look out for and has a nose for the tryline. He's reputedly on his way to Bradford next year just to add a bit of further interest.

3 minutes ago, bratman said:

Out of interest does anybody know how much the pitch slopes? It looks like a lot on TV!

In the build-up, they were saying that the TV picture actually makes it look less of a slope than it really is!

Anyone on here actually played on the pitch?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

In the build-up, they were saying that the TV picture actually makes it look less of a slope than it really is!

Anyone on here actually played on the pitch?

Could be worse...

BShl7A8IcAEQxus.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Bulls need to step it up

Clear second best, Batley could have put it almost out of reach with that chance just before half time.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Gilmore having a good game so far.

Have Batley got a enough of a first half lead?

Enjoying the game.

Batley full value for their lead, anywhere else you'd be really confident they'd win with plenty to spare - they're obviously clear favourites now but I reckon the hill's worth 12-14 points on average so game not over yet.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Batley full value for their lead, anywhere else you'd be really confident they'd win with plenty to spare - they're obviously clear favourites now but I reckon the hill's worth 12-14 points on average so game not over yet.

Wow, really - hopefully it’ll make for a good fight second half then. 

I’d heard of it’s reputation, but it’s somewhere I’ve never been and I wasn’t positive it was at Batley.

Enjoying it.

Archived