Salford to move to Moor Lane?

18 minutes ago, Exiled red said:

2 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Agreed .. I have to say Salford aren't my favourite .....so much recent success yet so little increase in crowds 

Just feels like there is very limited potential 

Imagine the crowds at Bulls if they had the run of years Salford have had 

I'm not having a go at Salford or thier fans really just a fact their don't seem to be able to get the short other teams can.

..clearly a really well run club..

wish Bulls etc were 

In fairness any success can't have come at a worse time. Covid pretty much wiped out any momentum the club had in terms of growing its fan base.

I feel all spaced out reading this! 😉

3 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Out of interest who are your team BB? From your post it would suggest Bradford but your username suggests London Broncos?

The crowd base has been done to death with Salford. Bar the 1930's and 1970's sides, Salford have had very little to show in the way of success. Throw in a successful global sports team (in the world's largest sport) like Man Utd on your doorstep and the fact they're now (much more recently) joined by Man City and you've got 2 very big reasons why competition for fans is tough. Not being able to take advantage of a GF appearance in 2019 and a CC Final appearance in 2020 due to the pandemic also probably cost us a few more new fans.

Crowds will only grow significantly with some sort of continued success. It's easy for 10,000+ Wigan, Saints, Leeds fans to turn up every week because they're playing in RL hotbeds and watching a team that wins trophies consistently year on year. They've also got far stronger amateur clubs locally to feed off.

Broncos mate....but a general SL fan too....I go to a lot of games up north (1 or 2 SL games a month )....

I would really wish for any team to be pushing attendances not just Salford.....my own club has destroyed its own ganbase almost deliberately but that's a different story 

Guess my point is that some clubs have proven record they can produce big crowds with success over a long period ....I worry for all the reasons you say that Salford can't do it...despite having a core of passionate fans 

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

It would be double there actual attendance if full, it would sell out every game in SL and look great on tv. That would be better than a decrepit stadium, that generates no money.

Its also more achievable than the fantasy being peddled now.

When did Huddersfield move to decrepit stadium ?