Jump to content

Thank you all


Recommended Posts


1 hour ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

In a season where no one knew what was going to happen with COVID and its restrictions I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone connected with the game for ensuring the season was completed with a cracking Finale.

You can't come on here being all positive and thankful. I think you should re-read the Forum T&C's and post a dozen negative comments by way of contrition. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Wibble

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

It’s not over yet. Cracking U/21s ET GF win for Wynnum-Manly over Townsville just completed.

Q Cup final to follow and then a couple of Championship finals to be contended for first.

Q Cup final was great. What a try to finish! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Am looking forward immensely to the TO game, and then the England game. Plenty still to enjoy.

Plus the League 1 final, the Women's finals, England knights and Scotland v Jamaica.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

In a season where no one knew what was going to happen with COVID and its restrictions I just want to say a massive thank you to everyone connected with the game for ensuring the season was completed with a cracking Finale.

It's unsavoury posts like this that are ruining this forum 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

It’s not over yet. Cracking U/21s ET GF win for Wynnum-Manly over Townsville just completed.

Q Cup final to follow and then a couple of Championship finals to be contended for first.

Last Sunday.

Me: "It's the last day of the season today, Grand Final. No more till next March".

Mrs Dunbar: "Poor baby".

Yesterday

Me: "It's the last day of the season today, Grand Final. No more till next February".

Mrs Dunbar: "I thought that was last week? Anyway, enjoy the game and the time will pass quickly".

This morning.

Me: "It's the last day of the season today..."

Mrs Dunbar: "Now you're just taking the p#$$".

Edited by Dunbar
  • Haha 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Last Sunday.

Me: "It's the last day of the season today, Grand Final. No more till next March".

Mrs Dunbar: "Poor baby".

Yesterday

Me: "It's the last day of the season today, Grand Final. No more till next February".

Mrs Dunbar: "I thought that was last week? Anyway, enjoy the game and the time will pass quickly".

This morning.

Me: "It's the last day of the season today..."

Mrs Dunbar: "Now you're just taking the p#$$".

Same at my home 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Q Cup final was great. What a try to finish! 

That try perfectly illustrated what`s gone horribly wrong with RL officiating.

On-field ref ruled no try. Gave no specific reason. Went to the video ref with the remark, "there`s a lot of elements there to clear". Idiot commentators loved it.

So, the ref was unsure what had happened, and that was sufficient to rule it out unless everything was painstakingly checked on review. Had it been a lower-grade game without a VR, the call would have been no-try on the grounds - "I don`t know what was wrong, but there had to be something".

This perverse logic is applied right across the game now, particularly in relation to knock-ons and obstructions. Doubt = Paranoia = Call. We`ll be stuck with the insanity until administrators remove the fear and back the refs to play on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

That try perfectly illustrated what`s gone horribly wrong with RL officiating.

On-field ref ruled no try. Gave no specific reason. Went to the video ref with the remark, "there`s a lot of elements there to clear". Idiot commentators loved it.

So, the ref was unsure what had happened, and that was sufficient to rule it out unless everything was painstakingly checked on review. Had it been a lower-grade game without a VR, the call would have been no-try on the grounds - "I don`t know what was wrong, but there had to be something".

This perverse logic is applied right across the game now, particularly in relation to knock-ons and obstructions. Doubt = Paranoia = Call. We`ll be stuck with the insanity until administrators remove the fear and back the refs to play on.

Yeah I found that one bizarre, like surely you can't say no try without a particular reason?! Something I've never seen before. 

2 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Near on monumental! A great game that went the distance

Pleased for Norths. Curious to see how they shape up next year with Danny Levi leaving, but then they'll likely have some Broncos players! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...