2022 signings

Evs62

24 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

Or nothing . Xmas round the corner for merchandise.  Season tickets. And the championship season. If your happy for the wall of silence in am sorry for the post....

Like I said what is it that you want to know? 

The only things you mentioned are what's already been announced. 

The club have answered questions on here previously (Not that they have to). 

Maybe they will do so again if you tell them what info you're after. 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

Keep the buzz  going from  promotion. All the stay away fans interested.  Only 8 weeks until the ike game. New  home shirt. New shirt sponsore. Squad news. Facebook live posts.

As has been said before when there is info to pass on I’m sure the club will do so, as with the new contract with Ellgren and new away shirt, or the Facebook piece re the supporter providing training equipment and help to Jamie Doran and Carl Forber to get coaching qualifications to aid their work with the Workington Town community trust, or Jamie going into the West Cumbria Learning Centre to try and help those that attend as well as sessions at Workington academy. All top quality initiatives that shows the club working with the community which hopefully will benefit both parties. You can concentrate on the negatives if you want, I’ll wait for any info the club put out and just look forward to the challenges that lie ahead. 

There’s only 4 directors at the moment that have families and jobs, give them a break they can’t do everything especially bow to every supporter that needs burped and changed every five minutes give them time and all will be revealed,like as already been said as a supporter base we all have our worries for the upcoming season,just chill for a bit longer they are all doing there best. Utt

12 hours ago, Town blue white said:

Keep the buzz  going from  promotion. All the stay away fans interested.  Only 8 weeks until the ike game. New  home shirt. New shirt sponsore. Squad news. Facebook live posts.

Exactly, need to try and keep the stay away fans interested

12 hours ago, Town blue white said:

We've literally had all of those over the past 2 weeks, other than home shirt bit we did have new kit maker announced. 

Obviously you're an expert so go help the few volunteers we have, they need all the help they can get.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

We've literally had all of those over the past 2 weeks, other than home shirt bit we did have new kit maker announced. 

Obviously you're an expert so go help the few volunteers we have, they need all the help they can get.

Sorry for being concerned. Frustrated. And excited for the new season. I will keep me mouth closed. 🤐

13 hours ago, IanMac said:

As has been said before when there is info to pass on I’m sure the club will do so, as with the new contract with Ellgren and new away shirt, or the Facebook piece re the supporter providing training equipment and help to Jamie Doran and Carl Forber to get coaching qualifications to aid their work with the Workington Town community trust, or Jamie going into the West Cumbria Learning Centre to try and help those that attend as well as sessions at Workington academy. All top quality initiatives that shows the club working with the community which hopefully will benefit both parties. You can concentrate on the negatives if you want, I’ll wait for any info the club put out and just look forward to the challenges that lie ahead. 

quality initiatives wont keep us in this league 🤔 few quality players is what is needed and a chairman🤞🤞

27 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

quality initiatives wont keep us in this league 🤔 few quality players is what is needed and a chairman🤞🤞

Fair enough mate, don’t remember saying it would keep us in the league but let’s forget about engaging with one of your key stakeholders,  obviously a waste of money in your eyes. Last time I looked at the squad we had a few quality players in there and I’m sure after all due processes have been gone through a chairman will be appointed. 

1 hour ago, Rodders2010 said:

So trying to get more fans to games, which will then make more money available for players won't give us more chance of keeping us in this league?

I understand some of you want all the squad, shirts, chairman etc done and dusted, and I suppose in a perfect world so would us all,  including Chris. Being critical of the club is a bit premature though isn't it?

Although I'm making some of this up maybe because our chairman is stepping down, we were the last to know what league we were playing in, and because our directors are part time volunteers, we are a bit behind ideally we would like to be. But what if the home kit hasn't been announced because the main sponsor is linked to who will be the new chairman and they are bringing the sponsorship with them or they want to wait until sufficient replica shirts are available in stock to buy? What if some player targets have been missed out on so others are being spoken to, or others are in place as loan deals which we can't announce yet? What if the club were say we were looking to sign a player and this alerted other clubs closer to where the player lived and we lost him because they made him an offer? Remember what happened to Mick Jenkins? 

If we get to a fortnight from the start of the season and we are still no further on then the club deserves some criticism but I'd be surprised if the next fortnight doesn't see things become sorted. UTT.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I see the club have confirmed today that Blain Marwood has left and gone back to play amateur.

Shame that though understandable from his side. Good luck to him.

Nice communication from the club, though I'm sure some will be disappointed that Chris didn't phone them directly to tell them this news....or at least text them.

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Shame that though understandable from his side. Good luck to him.

Nice communication from the club, though I'm sure some will be disappointed that Chris didn't phone them directly to tell them this news....or at least text them.

How is it nice communication from the club everyone knew about this 2 weeks ago when barrow Island put it out there 🤔 🙄 

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

How is it nice communication from the club everyone knew about this 2 weeks ago when barrow Island put it out there 🤔 🙄 

People talk and rumours get out. Possibly been trying to get him to change his mind? The club can't let the 'tail wag the dog' and announce things before they're ready because people on this forum find things out. For example, the new kit. Leaked on here before club wanted to make a formal announcement. 

4 hours ago, Town blue white said:

Sorry for being concerned. Frustrated. And excited for the new season. I will keep me mouth closed. 🤐

MODERATOR:

Say what you feel TBW, You are a member of the Town Forum and can express your feelings just like anyone else.(Troutmaster)I understand your frustration at not much news coming from our club,It is a difficult time at the club for our Directors but I am utterly convinced they will be working hard to put a team out on Derwent Park. I am sure Chris will find the players he  needs before the first game of the season,So express your feelings and frustrations TBW and there is many more fans going through the same situation has you are.. 

8 minutes ago, townie88 said:

People talk and rumours get out. Possibly been trying to get him to change his mind? The club can't let the 'tail wag the dog' and announce things before they're ready because people on this forum find things out. For example, the new kit. Leaked on here before club wanted to make a formal announcement. 

Well I only blame town for that as they shouldn't be so slow at releasing information like the new kit got leaked town should be asking the question on how it got leaked 

7 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Well I only blame town for that as they shouldn't be so slow at releasing information like the new kit got leaked town should be asking the question on how it got leaked 

This was answered on here, it was live on the website and the buying links being tested and checked before we launched it and it was screenshot. 

Nothing underhand, however hard you try to find fault with everything we do. 

Once the RFL confirmed Blain had been officially released we have put the news out. That's being professional in our eyes again nothing underhand.

You are obviously skilled in communication, marketing and sales. 

Give me an email on graemepeerstownrlfc@gmail.com 

We'd be happy to discuss if there's a way to share our workload. 

Trust me there is no wall of silence either. 

The offer to talk is there. 

Graeme 

Director

Workington Town RLFC 

3 minutes ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

This was answered on here, it was live on the website and the buying links being tested and checked before we launched it and it was screenshot. 

Nothing underhand, however hard you try to find fault with everything we do. 

Once the RFL confirmed Blain had been officially released we have put the news out. That's being professional in our eyes again nothing underhand.

You are obviously skilled in communication, marketing and sales. 

Give me an email on graemepeerstownrlfc@gmail.com 

We'd be happy to discuss if there's a way to share our workload. 

Trust me there is no wall of silence either. 

The offer to talk is there. 

Graeme 

Director

Workington Town RLFC 

The fans just want answers I respect most off the club are volunteers but we are getting literally nothing from the club at present no update on how pre season is going 

In one off Chris's interviews he mentioned a talk he needed to have with Elliott on whether he would remain with the club surely most off the squad will have been talked to regarding re-signing 

Yes the fans can't know everything but surely to keep fans interested something needs to change 

4 minutes ago, town2018 said:

The fans just want answers I respect most off the club are volunteers but we are getting literally nothing from the club at present no update on how pre season is going 

In one off Chris's interviews he mentioned a talk he needed to have with Elliott on whether he would remain with the club surely most off the squad will have been talked to regarding re-signing 

Yes the fans can't know everything but surely to keep fans interested something needs to change 

So the following does not keep people interested. I don't agree but it's the facts of what as happened since 10th October. 

Post season review with Chris. 

Presentation night and awards including announcing resigning of Conor Fitzsimmons. 

Coaching camp. Over 50 kids in attendance. 

Halloween party. Over 90 in attendance. 

Season ticket and confirmed fixtures released. Season ticket sales up in comparison to last year. 

Community work and partnerships launched or continued. Adding real value to our standing in the community. 

Interviews with the new signings officially confirmed so far. Evan and Alex by video. 

Excellent launch video on signing Curtis Teare. 

Quirky video with Rhys on his resigning. 

Resignings announced with Brown, Henson, Lightowler, Forber

New Merchandise and kit supplier. 

Blain news officially confirmed. 

I think basically what your saying is you want some unsubstantiated or unofficial news leaked out that is both highly unprofessional and very inappropriate to the parties involved. 

When there is news to confirm, we'll inform everyone on the official channels.

If you want to discuss any of the above email me. 

We don't get everything right but you're making out we are. 

Graeme. 

13 minutes ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

So the following does not keep people interested. I don't agree but it's the facts of what as happened since 10th October. 

Post season review with Chris. 

Presentation night and awards including announcing resigning of Conor Fitzsimmons. 

Coaching camp. Over 50 kids in attendance. 

Halloween party. Over 90 in attendance. 

Season ticket and confirmed fixtures released. Season ticket sales up in comparison to last year. 

Community work and partnerships launched or continued. Adding real value to our standing in the community. 

Interviews with the new signings officially confirmed so far. Evan and Alex by video. 

Excellent launch video on signing Curtis Teare. 

Quirky video with Rhys on his resigning. 

Resignings announced with Brown, Henson, Lightowler, Forber

New Merchandise and kit supplier. 

Blain news officially confirmed. 

I think basically what your saying is you want some unsubstantiated or unofficial news leaked out that is both highly unprofessional and very inappropriate to the parties involved. 

When there is news to confirm, we'll inform everyone on the official channels.

If you want to discuss any of the above email me. 

We don't get everything right but you're making out we are. 

Graeme. 

If you honestly think that a kids Halloween party and coaching camp for kids is keeping the fans interested then your doing a great job 👏 🤣

I'm taking nothing away from the work that probably goes on at the club kids party's and coaching camps are excellent for the club and the future but they will not keep fans interested

As from now I won't be commenting on the club as yous have obviously got things in hand 

Archived