Sir Rodney Walker receives new honour

'Edit:      Whoops.  Wrong forum (was purely Wakefield related.) 

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Freeman of the City of London - for services to sport

http://www.bbl.org.uk/bbl-chair-receives-honour-for-services-to-sport/

Great accolade.

Love him or loathe him this type of guy pushed  not just including  income generating doors for our game but was always tough enough to draw a line. Do we have more of his like around ?

Moved on elsewhere of course to a number of other sports. They don't seem to have done too badly under his guidance.....

I fear for our game without his type . Can  current owners step up to this sort of plate.?

2 hours ago, del capo said:

Great accolade.

Love him or loathe him this type of guy pushed  not just including  income generating doors for our game but was always tough enough to draw a line. Do we have more of his like around ?

Moved on elsewhere of course to a number of other sports. They don't seem to have done too badly under his guidance.....

I fear for our game without his type . Can  current owners step up to this sort of plate.?

Indeed, I'm sure he did really well out of shafting of his hometown club.

Certainly not Wakefield Trinity related.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

5 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Indeed, I'm sure he did really well out of shafting of his hometown club.

They are hardly the leading light of SL are they ?

Have had 20 years to sort it out since then. How much progress ?

Taking on the Murdoch empire in the SL wars a different  and largely undocumented  story.....

3 hours ago, del capo said:

Great accolade.

Walker has only ever done things that enhance himself. He is no hero of our sport.

He has been instrumental in holding Trinity back for years, especially in the battle with Yorkcourt for the stadium funding.

34 minutes ago, del capo said:

Taking on the Murdoch empire in the SL wars a different  and largely undocumented  story.....

You are Rodney Walker's accountant, and I claim my £5.

3 hours ago, del capo said:

Great accolade.

Do your research, Walker is nothing more than a self promoting individual. Everything he does is for his own benefit. He has shafted Trinity and while he was chairman of the trust his dealings were very suspect. Rugby League is far healthier without this bloke anywhere near it. 

You can have that £5.

But I'm not his accountant. And I don't need he ever needed my type of criminal lawyer.

There are times when people on here need to think much  much wider.

Walker , like Lindsay. I believe .had the game at heart whilst with us but that never stopped his  ultimate vision. Denied?

Who knows ?

48 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Do your research, Walker is nothing more than a self promoting individual. Everything he does is for his own benefit. He has shafted Trinity and while he was chairman of the trust his dealings were very suspect. Rugby League is far healthier without this bloke anywhere near it. 

Didn't he used to be a car salesman .I agree he has taken more out of Wakey than put in.

59 minutes ago, del capo said:

You can have that £5.

But I'm not his accountant. And I don't need he ever needed my type of criminal lawyer.

There are times when people on here need to think much  much wider.

Walker , like Lindsay. I believe .had the game at heart whilst with us but that never stopped his  ultimate vision. Denied?

Who knows ?

images (2).jpeg

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

16 hours ago, del capo said:

You clearly know nothing, 6 years ago Rodney Walker sold the trust down the river by signing away the stadium at NM behind the backs of everyone. He's loathed in his home city and rightly so. But if you're so gullible to worship the small time Robert Maxwell then knock yourself out.

12 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

You clearly know nothing, 6 years ago Rodney Walker sold the trust down the river by signing away the stadium at NM behind the backs of everyone. He's loathed in his home city and rightly so. But if you're so gullible to worship the small time Robert Maxwell then knock yourself out.

Whilst you  still call your town a city didn't your lot give him the ' freedom ' of the place in 2012 ?  And has he not subsequently taken leads in your own town  with high profile charities ?

Clearly not loathed by all in your neighbourhood even to this day.

The NM project was never going to happen - notwithstanding the  alleged shady actions of those in charge of your club at the time -  you could have seen the bloody thing from outer space - and may still not pass planning  next month even with s106 promises that have now been extracted from them . 

I hope it goes ahead. Even after at least 20 years of quite frankly shamble promises to the rest of the game.  I really do.

I've trawled through 17 pages on here in the thread about Wakefield's planning application  and  I don't think you and you supporting poster colleagues have swayed the critics...

Back to Walker. I invite posters to google him and read the Wiki contents ( ok  pinch of salt time ) but if even a semblance of that is right then my original Accolade I believe is justified.

And finally as for your ' clearly no nothing ' comment....... I don't know you and you certainly don't know me ( or perhaps you wouldn't make such a comment in the first place ) -  but that's why we interact on forums such as this.  

Keep it up.

6 hours ago, del capo said:

Whilst you  still call your town a city didn't your lot give him the ' freedom ' of the place in 2012

"Our lot" being his mate, the equally slimy, MDC Leader at that time Peter Box? 

Says it all really.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

6 hours ago, del capo said:

Whilst you  still call your town a city didn't your lot give him the ' freedom ' of the place in 2012 ?  And has he not subsequently taken leads in your own town  with high profile charities 

Are you suggesting Wakefield is not  City , because that's how I read this remark.

The freedom of the City was instigated by his mate Peter Box. This 'your lot' to who you refer to in this comment can you be more specific.

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

Are you suggesting Wakefield is not  City , because that's how I read this remark.

The freedom of the City was instigated by his mate Peter Box. This 'your lot' to who you refer to in this comment can you be more specific.

Wakefield had to have its charter  regranted in 1974. Presumably both Castleford and Featherstone now share City status.

You really don't appear to have had much luck with your democratically elected politicians then, what with your 'red wall ' Tory  MP  now having to sit as an independent pending his court case...... 'Welcome to Yorkshire ' ?

Hopefully your councillors in planning will do the right thing by the Trinity this time notwithstanding the obvious financial  trade offs being  put up by NM.

Archived