Jump to content

Chairman/Board


Hate the rec
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well it's been a number of weeks since Les announced at the presentation night that he was standing down and since then we as fans have heard nothing regarding the position or the position of the board , hopefully someone can shed some light on proceeding soon as all this uncertainty doesn't do the club any good going into what is a massive season for everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

Well it's been a number of weeks since Les announced at the presentation night that he was standing down and since then we as fans have heard nothing regarding the position or the position of the board , hopefully someone can shed some light on proceeding soon as all this uncertainty doesn't do the club any good going into what is a massive season for everyone.

Election/re-election of directors / Chairman is on the agenda of the AGM on 8th December. Nothing to announce before then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

Well it's been a number of weeks since Les announced at the presentation night that he was standing down and since then we as fans have heard nothing regarding the position or the position of the board , hopefully someone can shed some light on proceeding soon as all this uncertainty doesn't do the club any good going into what is a massive season for everyone.

I honestly don't think anything will be sorted unto the shareholders AGM . There was a Directors meeting last night they just don't seem to have a spokesperson to let everyone know what's going on present boards consists of 4 people Messer's ball.peers.harrison and pleasance not enough really. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pgilmour said:

present boards consists of 4 people Messer's ball.peers.harrison and pleasance not enough really. 

You are right re "not enough really".... surely the club can attract more, soon(ish)??

..I can think of some keen voluntary workers currently involved at Derwent Park and perhaps a couple of them would make valuable additions to the board?

Although I have always held the view that wealthy local businessmen are best suited to such roles..come on guys/and gals where are you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Seriously would have expected to inform us supporters, if the meeting had gone ahead as advertised.

And in that event if anyone was appointed as the new Chairman of our club.

Les did a great job in very difficult circumstances and many would be disappointed he was standing down.

This lack of information let's people's imagination run riot and think things did not go well.

What right do l have to ask for some clarification as to when we .supporters are to be reassured that the future of the club is in good hands. Then the answer is none apart from supporting a club that has been important to me for 60 years,

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought that communication had been good over the last couple of years but preseason is a time when communication is is particularly important. Getting promotion after so many tries had built up a surge of latent support and enthusiasm.

The basis of a good young local team, a very good coach and a board and volunteers who were pointing the club in the right direction. A time to keep the momentum building, sell season tickets, attract sponsors, make side strengthening signings, not to be champions perhaps but to survive in the championship and to consolidate. Perhaps as Dewsbury have done.

Then we find out our chairman is standing down, he will have his good reasons, but we speculate that someone is waiting in the wings, that can support us with financial backing and perhaps replace the main sponsor?

Then we lose some key players for good personal reasons, and while we make some good signings our situation re the squad is fairly neutral rather than being currently improved.

So we await the AGM which maybe key to the way forward, and we wait,

Many may jump in and say I am unfeasible in wanting to be informed, but I am sure I will be in majority in wanting some clarification in where we are going.

I live many miles away and rely on the club and this forum for my information.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a shareholders meeting, the information shared is commercially sensitive, to share it publicly could leave the club at a disadvantage. There was no player information! There is however an easy way to find out what went on, buy some shares!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Nero said:

It was a shareholders meeting, the information shared is commercially sensitive, to share it publicly could leave the club at a disadvantage. There was no player information! There is however an easy way to find out what went on, buy some shares!

Hiya Ron,

Just re the meeting many fans are keen to know if a new Chairperson has been appointed.....nothing "commercially sensitive" in that surely?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There hasn't been a new chairman appointed just yet, the shareholders don't normally appoint a chairman anyway, the directors do. John Pleasants is doing the chairman's job in the interim until a suitable candidate is elected. The BoD is a small but enthusiastic group who are doing a great job under trying circumstances & I have every confidence they will move the club forward. Regarding the team, which is what the supporters are really interested in, the interim chairman said the BoD & Chris are confident that on Jan 30th Town will have the playing staff to compete well in the championship, but that was a general comment specific players were not mentioned. One thing that was clear though, the club could not survive without the hard working band of volunteers & they could do with more, so if anyone can spare a couple of hours a week to help the club, they will be gratefully received. I'm sure that when there is some firm news, it will be published on here & in the press.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

There hasn't been a new chairman appointed just yet, the shareholders don't normally appoint a chairman anyway, the directors do. John Pleasants is doing the chairman's job in the interim until a suitable candidate is elected. The BoD is a small but enthusiastic group who are doing a great job under trying circumstances & I have every confidence they will move the club forward. Regarding the team, which is what the supporters are really interested in, the interim chairman said the BoD & Chris are confident that on Jan 30th Town will have the playing staff to compete well in the championship, but that was a general comment specific players were not mentioned. One thing that was clear though, the club could not survive without the hard working band of volunteers & they could do with more, so if anyone can spare a couple of hours a week to help the club, they will be gratefully received. I'm sure that when there is some firm news, it will be published on here & in the press.

Thanks a lot for that input Ron....I'm sure lots of Townies will also appreciate it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

 

 

In a statement, a club spokesman said: "At the recent AGM Les Smallwood formally stepped down as chairman.

"Director John Pleasants will act as interim chair supported by the remaining directors.

"We are now actively talking to suitable candidates to join the board or support the managment team and in particular we would be very interested in speaking to individuals with a strong commercial or health and safety experience."

If you would be interested in joining the team at Derwent Park you can email: info@townshop.co.uk

    

So there we go, I'm sure plenty of a chairmen will be applying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah good to get the info formally. 

Thanks to Leso for all the time and effort he put in, and let's face it the club is in a better place than when he took over. A true heart on his sleeve fan, who you could see was living the dream on the pitch after the Donny match. He was exhausted and maybe a laal bit drunk, but a very happy man when I was speaking to him later on. Thanks for everything Les.

There are lots of folk on here who know how to run a club better than it is so I'm guessing there will be an avalanche of offers...... 😉

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Just heard some exciting news regarding Town, it sounds like the club are in good hands and things are moving in the right direction Townies, UTT 🔵⚪

The club have confirmed today the end of myers & bowman's main sponsorship. By the looks of it on good terms. Further social media announcements later on regarding merch. Could it be the new home shirt/main sponsor?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...