Jump to content

Town v Haven! The Ike Southward Memorial Trophy is back!


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Nero said:

There are portaloos over there Keith, but they get showers after the away team finish in the changing rooms. Sacrifices people make to accommodate this virus. 

Oh dear that's not great is it?.......hopefully things will go back to normal soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Pre season game mate as I keep saying maybe we played into your hands because of being a rusty side who’s playing their first game for over 3 months no team is squeaky clean first game it takes time 

But can you admit your a bit of a heap in attack, no playmaker and an awful kicking game 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, town4me said:

?? 

Dec O'donnell back to Town, Changed his mind about going to London and apparently waiting for the papers to come back to Town. Not heard about another prop coming but that's the rumour??. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Your judging you will hold your own in the championship because you beat a rusty haven side today wow 

I'm judging it by matching a side that finished in the play offs last year and have a squad that is vastly more experienced than town. Yes. Shouldn't I be optimistic?

That town side had

Oscar Thomas - haven reject 🤣

Ethan Bickerdike - Played amateur 2 seasons ago

Zac Olstrom - handful of league 1 games last season

Ciaran Walker - MOM and has nursery in the morning

Malik Steele - Never played this level and will be in the sand pit with caiman tomorrow

Lee Postlethwaite - again, handfull of league 1 games

Jordan Thomson- haven reject

Curtis Teare - Debut

Ryan Wilson - handful of league 1 games.

Purely and simply, they were better on the day and are coached by one of the best

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Your judging you will hold your own in the championship because you beat a rusty haven side today wow 

Not one Town fan thinks that despite today's result , on the other hand you lot think its gonna be a cakewalk for your very expensive world beating squad. And that's just going off your posts.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Dec O'donnell back to Town, Changed his mind about going to London and apparently waiting for the papers to come back to Town. Not heard about another prop coming but that's the rumour??. 

Do we need him ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DavidM said:

Do we need him ?

Yep. Decs outstanding and can play loose forward where we are pretty short 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Unicorn 106 said:

Not one Town fan thinks that despite today's result , on the other hand you lot think its gonna be a cakewalk for your very expensive world beating squad. And that's just going off your posts.

I’m not gonna lie the side we put out today should have blew you off the park and probs will in the league games I’m just ###### off at the performance and attitude thought the game was won at 14-6 and threw it away well done on your behalf very frustrating on ours 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a other note. Anyone notice Oscar Thomas was wearing number 1 with Gabe Fell's name on the back? Is he returning? This was our new strip so why would he be given number 1??? 🤔🤔🤔

Edited by townie88
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, townie88 said:

On a other note. Anyone notice Odcar Thomas was wearing number 1 with Gabe Fell's name on the back? Is he returning? This was our new strip so why would he be given number 1??? 🤔🤔🤔

Yeh I noticed !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Pre season game mate as I keep saying maybe we played into your hands because of being a rusty side who’s playing their first game for over 3 months no team is squeaky clean first game it takes time 

Was the laal 23 i think it was a new player? He looks handy with good kicks today. Thought you were fairly wooden today, which is bound to change but you are only a fortnight off the first game so you had better get a better mentality than you had today. Will Newts be in your 17 every week? 

Listen marra, you are on a Town forum so getting your back up over some posts ain't gonna get you anywhere. We are relegation favourites with probably the lowest budget in the league by a mile. Everyone is telling us about how we are getting mullered every week. So to see a lot of young lads play for their shirt and compete like they did regardless of whether it is a pre season game or not is good to see. We were expecting big things from the Haven super squad but some of your players looked a mile off for the start of the season. Some did look handy too but I don't think I can remember a line break. Was there?

If we hadn't scored at the end I think Chris would still have been the happier of the two coaches. 

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

No town played 21 haven played 17 I even said before kick off it wouldn’t be a good game and was proved right. million miles off where we wer last year but it’s our first game with new players town wer better than us today il hold my hands up but if you think the next games will be anything like today your in cloud cuckoo land. I’m hoping jonty threw the hairdryer and some of them after today not acceptable 

Not sure if throwing the hair dryer at them will make a lot of difference especially as first run out of the season, and Jonty is more of a talker than a charlo with the hair dryer, but the one thing that stood out from Jontys interview was, he said he had a feeling in the last 20mns that the Town players looked more hungrier for the game than Haven.

Edited by JMB
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Was the laal 23 i think it was a new player? He looks handy with good kicks today. Thought you were fairly wooden today, which is bound to change but you are only a fortnight off the first game so you had better get a better mentality than you had today. Will Newts be in your 17 every week? 

Listen marra, you are on a Town forum so getting your back up over some posts ain't gonna get you anywhere. We are relegation favourites with probably the lowest budget in the league by a mile. Everyone is telling us about how we are getting mullered every week. So to see a lot of young lads play for their shirt and compete like they did regardless of whether it is a pre season game or not is good to see. We were expecting big things from the Haven super squad but some of your players looked a mile off for the start of the season. Some did look handy too but I don't think I can remember a line break. Was there?

If we hadn't scored at the end I think Chris would still have been the happier of the two coaches. 

 

Fair comments pal 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Dec O'donnell back to Town, Changed his mind about going to London and apparently waiting for the papers to come back to Town. Not heard about another prop coming but that's the rumour??. 

I hope that's right, Dec is quality and hard as nails, and loves winning more than anybody I've seen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, townie88 said:

On a other note. Anyone notice Oscar Thomas was wearing number 1 with Gabe Fell's name on the back? Is he returning? This was our new strip so why would he be given number 1??? 🤔🤔🤔

Was a cunning plan, the RFL will be looking to ban one if our players as usual, so play Thomas in a Fell shirt, punch someone and give then Fell to ban.

Poor Gabe will be confused when the letter comes through tge letterbox though...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Was a cunning plan, the RFL will be looking to ban one if our players as usual, so play Thomas in a Fell shirt, punch someone and give then Fell to ban.

Poor Gabe will be confused when the letter comes through tge letterbox though...

And when he finds out what a good game he had 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Did Chris do a post match interview? If so what was his verdict?

Just said it's a good job it was our 2nd pre season friendly and not our first, good job we had 456 substitutes to use, good job we utilised all Walker's experience at this level and we're gonna win the league. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, dkw said:

Absolutely, he's a quality player and has played at this level.

Yeh completely . Just thinking we signed Simons to replace him but we can rotate these guys and use them at 9, 13 with Henson and play to our best off  the ruck and scooting up the middle with them 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...