Castleford Redevelopment Plans

Damien

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both Cas and Wakefield make for a terrible spectacle when televised at their respective homes. It's like watching the ITV4 repeats of the Big Match from the 70s.

Even if both clubs simply just rebuild the camera-facing main stands it would be a huge improvement to their, and the sports, image. 

59 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Both Cas and Wakefield make for a terrible spectacle when televised at their respective homes. It's like watching the ITV4 repeats of the Big Match from the 70s.

Even if both clubs simply just rebuild the camera-facing main stands it would be a huge improvement to their, and the sports, image. 

I don’t mind it, at least there’s an atmosphere at their games and you can see the crowd on tv - better than Huddersfield or Wigan. 

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Would be great to see and wish them all the best. If Wakey get over the line then it would only be Cas, Huddersfield and Salford in stadiums that are not fit for purpose. 

Why is Huddersfield’s stadium not fit for purpose in your view while Wigan’s is? 

58 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

People really need to stop being obsessed with this sort of stuff - swathes of empty seats in a shiny,  new stadium makes a much, much worse impression to TV viewers people than The Jungle, which is usually pretty busy.

40 minutes ago, M j M said:

People really need to stop being obsessed with this sort of stuff - swathes of empty seats in a shiny,  new stadium makes a much, much worse impression to TV viewers people than The Jungle, which is usually pretty busy.

I think you're slightly conflating the two. A new stadium/stand doesn't have to mean empty seats - that only seems to happen when it's shared with football. If Cas/Wakey's ground had been kept up to date over the years, maintenance wise, then i'm all for nostalgic historical grounds staying around. Outside of football/cricket i'm yet to see a good example of where this has been done in rugby of either code. 

4 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I think you're slightly conflating the two. A new stadium/stand doesn't have to mean empty seats - that only seems to happen when it's shared with football. If Cas/Wakey's ground had been kept up to date over the years, maintenance wise, then i'm all for nostalgic historical grounds staying around. Outside of football/cricket i'm yet to see a good example of where this has been done in rugby of either code. 

Widnes? 

2 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

If Cas/Wakey's ground had been kept up to date over the years, maintenance wise, then i'm all for nostalgic historical grounds staying around. Outside of football/cricket i'm yet to see a good example of where this has been done in rugby of either code. 

Gloucester? 

51 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i'd rotate the pitch, give them more room to play with

What, while there's a game going on?  The players would get dizzy, wouldn't they?

5 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I could never really understand Cas obsession withe Glasshoughton tbh. Wheldon road has plenty of space for redevelopment, more than BV. Can't see any planning issues other than improved road access. For a start they don't need that training pitch, a total waste of money in an era when there are plenty of all year round pitches at reasonable rents.

What I liked about the Glasshoughton option was the M62. 2/3 minutes from entering the slip road you're in a massive carpark. Minimal queuing, no searching. Done. A stadium would have been nice as well though.

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

59 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I think you're slightly conflating the two. A new stadium/stand doesn't have to mean empty seats -

I didn't mean  to imply old and full or new and empty were the only two options. Rather than an obsession with how old a ground looks on tv is just silly.

However the empty seats at the likes of Wigan, Saints, Leigh and in recent years Leeds are distracting.

54 minutes ago, M j M said:

I didn't mean  to imply old and full or new and empty were the only two options. Rather than an obsession with how old a ground looks on tv is just silly.

However the empty seats at the likes of Wigan, Saints, Leigh and in recent years Leeds are distracting.

Covid restrictions and new build may be the reason's at Leeds

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived