Match thread: Championship Rd3. Workington v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 13th February 2022.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, OldManMarley said:

Good win today. Whats irritating for me is certain fans calling “For 60 points”. Get a grip of yourselves, it’s February, away in Workington?

Have we become that arrogant? As fans we have always been really good and respectful (aside from the minority) but saying we should get 60 on Workington away is not only disrespectful it’s just plain stupidity. Rant over.

Totally agree, always going to be a tough match, especially with bad conditions and a few players out. Good win for me.

2 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

Good win today. Whats irritating for me is certain fans calling “For 60 points”. Get a grip of yourselves, it’s February, away in Workington?

Have we become that arrogant? As fans we have always been really good and respectful (aside from the minority) but saying we should get 60 on Workington away is not only disrespectful it’s just plain stupidity. Rant over.

Well said. We ground out a good win in terrible conditions against a team certainly up for it after their thrashing last week.

16 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Their full back ran himself daft, as did that big bug ger that came on for the last 15 mins. Punched way above their weight today in what was a foul horrible day.

Got the job done. Roll on Saturday 

Hey up Robin did we really win yesterday lol. Thought we'd never win again.

Just now, Fevrover said:

Hey up Robin did we really win yesterday lol. Thought we'd never win again.

I'm only just thawing out. A horrible day. We did what we needed to do. Scored the try of the game in a largely unspectacular way on a proper sh itty day for rugby.

Glad I'm home. Roll on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm only just thawing out. A horrible day. We did what we needed to do. Scored the try of the game in a largely unspectacular way on a proper sh itty day for rugby.

Glad I'm home. Roll on Saturday.

We've stayed over so thawed out quite quickly lol.

11 hours ago, OldManMarley said:

Especially when you consider we were the top scorers in either of the top 2 divisions by 10 points 

Some of my tribe have told me worse conditions than Leigh Monday  but after resting players and losing Bayley in the first few minutes FEV rolled up their sleeves dug in deep  to beat a workman like Town

What pleased me about the game was despite the conditions  we still scored another five tries that's three on the trot now🥳

What pleased me more however, was when you look at another game played in similar conditions at the shay where both teams managed one  try apiece 

APPARENTLY 

Both sides should certainly be content with the effort they displayed in difficult conditions. 🤣

Just watched Mac on Rovers TV . it was a good interview  showing us where we are. and giving some wraps to Workington which I thought was a good touch

21 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

as did that big bug ger that came on for the last 15 mins.

Probably John Hutchings who likes to be inconspicuous in red skins and head guard . Unfortunately he did his hamstring near the end . All the best for this season , I was rooting for you in last years final and I hope you go one better . Our clubs have long time links and are two good historic community based outfits , the like of which are the bedrock and heart and soul of rugby league . And it’s better than Leigh having another go in SL ! 👍

28 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Probably John Hutchings who likes to be inconspicuous in red skins and head guard . Unfortunately he did his hamstring near the end . All the best for this season , I was rooting for you in last years final and I hope you go one better . Our clubs have long time links and are two good historic community based outfits , the like of which are the bedrock and heart and soul of rugby league . And it’s better than Leigh having another go in SL ! 👍

Watched the 1952 Final. Long association as you said.

22 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Watched the 1952 Final. Long association as you said.

Long association and good respect between the clubs. I remember being stood outside Old Trafford with our fans chanting at each other before the premiership final you beat us in.......by a dodgy Newlove try.......ha ha.

Was a great day out.

Good luck for the season, just hope you beat Leigh to the title.

Archived