Leigh at home on Sunday

White Knight

15 minutes ago, White Knight said:

They donโ€™t come much bigger than this. Hoping for another big performance from the lads and a large crowd to cheer them on.

Spot on with that , nothing bigger than Leigh or fev this season , but they can both fall flat on their face , a good crowd will be there to maybe see that happen ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Great that we are nearly at full strength - here's hoping we keep avoiding injuries. Should be an epic battle.ย  Watched the Leigh highlights versus the Bulls and they looked pretty big and fast. Knights will need to be at their best, but after my defensive concerns against Fev there had been a massive improvement in that area.ย  Well done to all.ย 

40 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like James Claire could play for us after joining on loan from Castleford.

Really liked James when he was with us last. A great organiser - never stopped talking - and did a pretty job with the ball in hand.ย 

Clare is a solid player, not the fastest but usually safe in defence and takes his chances, he wonโ€™t let us down. Seems slightly strange his first game back from suspension is likely to be this Sunday alongside Harris after the handbags between them, still canโ€™t believe they had such lengthy bans for that!

So three games in and weโ€™re already using a loan player to potentially replace one of the backs who have helped us win the last two games? Iโ€™m presuming someone must be injured? If not Iโ€™d be pretty miffed if I was the one dropped. Hereโ€™s hoping James scores the winning try (nothing against him btw, heโ€™s a good player). ย 

16 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

So three games in and weโ€™re already using a loan player to potentially replace one of the backs who have helped us win the last two games? Iโ€™m presuming someone must be injured? If not Iโ€™d be pretty miffed if I was the one dropped. Hereโ€™s hoping James scores the winning try (nothing against him btw, heโ€™s a good player). ย 

jack logan came off injured at batley , don,t think ogden is ready yet so the centres could be clare and glover , squad should be revealed at 6 tonight

15 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Whilst I agree not ONE SINGLE player should be dropped after the performance at Batley, I think its a decent signing to keep pressure on the players that are already performing so well in the team. Don't forget Olly Butterworth is injured and will take time to get back into the swing of things when he IS fit. Meanwhile what happens if one of our wingers breaks down in training? Sensible decision to have a ready made option there if needed.

Fair enough if Logan is out. Just not a massive fan of short-term loans. We used to have something called an โ€œAโ€ team - remember them? Loved watching games at Clarence Street on a Saturday. Good old โ€œAN Otherโ€ trialists, hoping youโ€™d see a future star like Geoff Pryce. ย  No money now for them sadly.ย 

32 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Fair enough if Logan is out. Just not a massive fan of short-term loans. We used to have something called an โ€œAโ€ team - remember them? Loved watching games at Clarence Street on a Saturday. Good old โ€œAN Otherโ€ trialists, hoping youโ€™d see a future star like Geoff Pryce. ย  No money now for them sadly.ย 

It was funny when you had 3 or 4 AN Others playing, remember years ago taunting a Huddersfield player when we played them at Fev and ref penalised him and he said 'it was them Sir '. I've grown up since then lol.

12 hours ago, YCKBob said:

O'Hagan not in the squad. Is he injured again? I thought he was just rested for the last game to ease his comeback.

Yes , just the type of game that you would think O, hagan could excel , something seems wrong .ย 

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Yes , just the type of game that you would think O, hagan could excel , something seems wrong .ย 

If he's had some sort of recurrence maybe we should be looking elsewhere. His absence had a big impact on us last season and it looks like the same may be happening again. We can't function with just two fit half backs in the squad.

Or maybe Harris has just been picked instead? Canโ€™t play all of them and you certainly canโ€™t drop Ellis after recent performances.ย 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |ย Leaflets |ย Cards |ย Banners & Flagsย |ย Letterheads |ย Tickets |ย Magazines |ย Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCย & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, JonT said:

Liam will be keen to make his mark. Ellis has been getting better and better. Better to save SOB for when we are stretched in that position IMO.

I thought they would have still named BOH in the squad as they seem to name all fit players.

Archived