Sat 26 Mar: CC6: Leeds Rhinos v Castleford Tigers KO 16:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/03/22 at 17:00

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Will you ever stop confusing short-term playing issues with long-term financial and viability ones?

Probably not. Keeping your fingers crossed your backers don't keel over isn't much of a strategy.

Whataboutwhataboutwhatabout ooooh.weeee....šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

If Pope Hetherington the 1st were to pay more attention to his team and less on property development, Leeds would be less of a laughing stock.

Ā 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Whataboutwhataboutwhatabout ooooh.weeee....šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

If Pope Hetherington the 1st were to pay more attention to his team and less on property development, Leeds would be less of a laughing stock.

Ā 

Have you forgotten that Adrian Lam was coaching your side about six months ago?

Leeds will be fine whilst Wigan have at least one bankruptcy still in them.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Leeds inserted a clause which enables them to overpay so it won't be that long.

Double edge sword here MJ, it is noticable that the attendances at Headingley are heading in the wrong direction which I put down to the performance of the team, how many players are on long term contracts that will not be able to be paid off to replace with better player's - I believe if a contract is paid up, it still counts as player expenditure on the SC, is that correct? - if so Leeds will be stuck with player's who seemingly need replacing, will a further run of bad formĀ  result in attendances falling further, if so an extension to the loans may be required not an overpay clause!

I can do rivalry on the playing field, but I dont get it when its non playing issues . Leeds obviously have a poor side at the moment.Ā  Isn't that enough without resorting to the criticism of the open western terrace which is not crumbling ,if it was it would be closed . Have a go at the team and that terrible performance by all means I'm with you .

Ā Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Just now, fieldofclothofgold said:

I can do rivalry on the playing field, but I dont get it when its non playing issues . Leeds obviously have a poor side at the moment.Ā  Isn't that enough without resorting to the criticism of the open western terrace which is not crumbling ,if it was it would be closed . Have a go at the team and that terrible performance by all means I'm with you .

Unfortunately that seems to be the level on here. Next step is personal attacks, attempts at belittling and condescension. Itā€™s little better than social media at times.Ā 
Iā€™m enjoying Leedsā€™ run of form as much as the next non-loiner, but I wish no club difficulties off the field.Ā 

17 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

The two new Stands are mortgaged and due be paid off in almost 40 years

I won't be about then, and I wonder whether the sport will be, will litigation, ambulance chasing lawyers, concern about welfare, injuries and less kids playing the sport, will the rules of the sport to comply make it totally unrecognisable and not have the appeal that it once had.

The clampdowns we are now seeing have changed the game from only 20 years or so ago and in my opinion it will lose a lot of those who pay by whatever means on the ground or televisual/streaming subscriptions if it carries on in this manner.

Ā 

16 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

If by the Western Terrace you mean the area for away fans behind the sticks, then yes it does need criticism, no modern stadium today should be open to elements, you expect to get drenched if you are going to a community game paying a couple of quid for entry, but when it is Ā£20 odd you would think adequate cover would be provided, and that goes for all grounds not just Headingley.

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

If by the Western Terrace you mean the area for away fans behind the sticks, then yes it does need criticism, no modern stadium today should be open to elements, you expect to get drenched if you are going to a community game paying a couple of quid for entry, but when it is Ā£20 odd you would think adequate cover would be provided, and that goes for all grounds not just Headingley.

RL is like lower league football and it is fairly common there. Village sport with village crowds in village facilities I suppose...

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Buy a ticket in the stand then.

nobody at the Leeds club wants the Western Terrace to be like it is, do you think theyā€™re Ā doing it on purpose or something?

I get the mick taking of the team, they deserve all they get, but some seem to actively want the actual club to fail, which seems bizarre.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Buy a ticket in the stand then.

nobody at the Leeds club wants the Western Terrace to be like it is, do you think theyā€™re Ā doing it on purpose or something?

I get the mick taking of the team, they deserve all they get, but some seem to actively want the actual club to fail, which seems bizarre.

They want to be big fishes in a tiny pond. Anything that threatens that should fail.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes ,but you are digging at the western terrace because its Leeds no other reason that it's the Leeds club . Like has just been commented RL is a minor sport . Oh I refuse to get involved in this kind of thing on here . Leeds Rhinos have a poor ,very poor team right now that should be the discussionĀ 

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 minute ago, meast said:

Is there going to be another article about how many times Leeds lose with certain referees, or how many times Leeds lose when they're on TV or how many times they used excuses about training grounds etc šŸ˜ƒ

Stick around and you'll find the article is nonstopĀ 

JAMIE PEACOCK

31 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

RL is like lower league football and it is fairly common there. Village sport with village crowds in village facilities I suppose...

Yes, but at Headingley? Come on Tommy we keep being told that it is our leading club (not team) in the UK.

It is as though those in charge have contempt for the away fans with the facility's or lack of them provided.

The bottom line will be if Leeds end up in 12th place. The season isn't decided in March.

On yesterdays performance can TO beat Leeds home and away? As that will probably be the difference at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, but at Headingley? Come on Tommy we keep being told that it is our leading club (not team) in the UK.

It is as though those in charge have contempt for the away fans with the facility's or lack of them provided.

Can only sell what's going on there, and what is going on there is Rugby League. A village sport which is attracting village crowds.

25 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Yes ,but you are digging at the western terrace because its Leeds no other reason that it's the Leeds club . Like has just been commented RL is a minor sport . Oh I refuse to get involved in this kind of thing on here . Leeds Rhinos have a poor ,very poor team right now that should be the discussionĀ 

No it isn't, read back and see the last sentance the post you are replying to.

20 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

They want to be big fishes in a tiny pond. Anything that threatens that should fail.

Doesn't every club want to be the big fish ? 1996 the Leeds RLFC was bankrupt almost at the point of relocating to south of the city to ER , They got resurrected, but they were virtually down and out and through good management they succeeded. After Wigan had their spell in div II they did the same fair play to them . Just because Leeds play out of large populated city itz still a sport called Rugby League it's not the EPL or Even the EFLĀ 

JAMIE PEACOCK

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Can only sell what's going on there, and what is going on there is Rugby League. A village sport which is attracting village crowds.

Wow Tommy, it seems as though the lack of form is getting at you too, those of a lesser disposition than yourself are seemingly already voting with their absence, but it is a natural reaction people are fickle and only want to go and watch a winning team, but I wouldn't worry to much Leeds probably have more diehards than most, but will those numbers be enough to sustain them.

Now where is James Segeyaro?

3 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

Doesn't every club want to be the big fish ? 1996 the Leeds RLFC was bankrupt almost at the point of relocating to south of the city to ER , They got resurrected, but they were virtually down and out and through good management they succeeded. After Wigan had their spell in div II they did the same fair play to them . Just because Leeds play out of large populated city itz still a sport called Rugby League it's not the EPL or Even the EFLĀ 

I want Leeds to be as big as possible and clubs to be able to overtake and compete with Leeds. If they are from Manchester, Toronto, Toulouse thats great. Unfortunately some fans know their club will never be able to compete in that world and want it all dragged down so Rugby League stays at their level...

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Wow Tommy, it seems as though the lack of form is getting at you too, those of a lesser disposition than yourself are seemingly already voting with their absence, but it is a natural reaction people are fickle and only want to go and watch a winning team, but I wouldn't worry to much Leeds probably have more diehards than most, but will those numbers be enough to sustain them.

Now where is James Segeyaro?

Don't worry Harry, barring a major boost from the World cup, the next TV deal will be for less than what it is now as interest in the sport drops even further.

Sadly Leeds will still be the biggest club at the end of it, which explains much of the thinking at the club.

Normally when a coach loses their job there is a positive effect on performance, certainly in the short term with players worried about self preservation if nothing else. It's pretty worrying for Leeds to instead get 40 put on them.Ā 

1 hour ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

The two new Stands are mortgaged and due be paid off in almost 40 years . If they don't default.Ā  I'm also a bit concerned about the pitch too .Ā 

Why do people keep going on about the pitch, its being dug up and replaced in a few weeks as was planned all along.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I want Leeds to be as big as possible and clubs to be able to overtake and compete with Leeds. If they are from Manchester, Toronto, Toulouse thats great. Unfortunately some fans know their club will never be able to compete in that world and want it all dragged down so Rugby League stays at their level...

I have said on numerous occasions on this board that in the natural order of merit I know where my club sits, it is somewhere between 10th and 15th, we will never be a big player nor do I expect we will be a basement dweller.

Why would I and others want it all dragged down to our level, no, we relish playing against those we would love to beat, it doesn't happen all to often and is much the sweeter when it does, look at Whitehaven yesterday I would wager that some of those from the town who attended The Rec yesterday had not been for years, we need big clubs, but please excuse our curiosity in seeing a big club who should not be anywhere near where they are now struggling, through nothing but totally bad management.

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

The most famous club in either code in the most famous well known town is Wigan probably closely followedĀ  y StHelens.Ā  That's fact ! From 1996 bankrupt to being commercially and economically viable from 2004 it was a sigh of relief.Ā  I've been through many poor periods at Leeds at my age I might not see a period of success again. Going to some clubs it's like a stigma coming from Leeds as if we shouldn't be allowed to have a club . I was born n bred on a prewar housing estate in west Leeds and because I dont speak in a Cas or Wakey or Fev accent it doesn't mean I'm posh .

JAMIE PEACOCK

Archived