Barrow Away next up

Batley Bob

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes they put up a show, but if we have a few bodies back we can match them. Sammut and Johnstone might have looked good but they did a lot of sideways work telegraphing what was coming next. I think that whichever halves we can put out i e. White/ Gilmore or Meadows / Gilmore we can cope with that. Likewise Wardy can cancel out Morrow and Dano can take care of Stack. Our FB is better than theirs as well. 

22 hours ago, phildog said:

Yes they put up a show, but if we have a few bodies back we can match them. Sammut and Johnstone might have looked good but they did a lot of sideways work telegraphing what was coming next. I think that whichever halves we can put out i e. White/ Gilmore or Meadows / Gilmore we can cope with that. Likewise Wardy can cancel out Morrow and Dano can take care of Stack. Our FB is better than theirs as well. 

I think that even with the team that drew with Fev we have enough fire power to win. Barrow played ok but not as well as they did against vikings. Having said that I dont think griants could get out of 2nd gear. Has all the makings of a great game,  weather could be a spoiler.

45 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

Week long loan??? What's that all about? 

They are frightened of Batley.

In my mind an abuse of the system.

27 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Absolutely it is. Its getting daft now. Love how they say he's gone straight into contention, like they're going to take him for *one* week and not play him 🙄

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

Abuse in what way Roger?

It is within the present rules. You may not agree with them (I don't either) but it isn't an abuse. If your club was struggling in certain positions then they wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing, and nor should they.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Abuse in what way Roger?

It is within the present rules. You may not agree with them (I don't either) but it isn't an abuse. If your club was struggling in certain positions then they wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing, and nor should they.

It is not in the spirit of the game. OK send him for 6 weeks or so but turn-up, play, go home.... nonsense and I'd be annoyed if my club did this!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

zaz9, if you care to look at Bradfords forum you will see Tindall is on Dual Registration, so as much as I don't like it they were not doing anything wrong.

14 hours ago, RogerT said:

Ok BSJ I'll amend my words and say massaging the system.

Give over it’s no different from dual reg, massaging the system how ? Some people love to find something to whinge about. I couldn’t care less who Batley put in against Barrow we have seen enough SL players in the past put a half arsed shift in against us whilst gaining some match fitness before going back to their club a week later .if I was a Batley fan wouldn’t be getting my undies in a twist over a loan player.

Let's get this right I'm not fussed what you do, I'm entitled to my opinion and that's all it is.

Never have or will do like DR for the same reason as you said.

3 hours ago, RogerT said:

Let's get this right I'm not fussed what you do, I'm entitled to my opinion and that's all it is.

Never have or will do like DR for the same reason as you said.

I agree with you regarding DR just disagree that Barrow have done anything wrong. Hoping for a good game tomorrow I think this game is the one that will indicate if Barrow are in a false position or not.

its wrong, were supposed to be playing BARROW, and it includes  a ringer plain and simple, whos water boy for day while escare as a run out, loans should be for a month at least,if we rock up with big alex just to make sure hes fit for saints next week thered be hell on. bin the lot for me inc DR and lets play our own players,inc local lads who would bust a gut to put a shirt on. it only takes a player or coach to say NO and its over,

Archived