Going forwards

RogerT

The team are starting the reverse fixtures apart from Sheffield, how do you think things will go, we need to pick up points from a couple of defeats they suffered in the first half.

6 minutes ago, RogerT said:

The team are starting the reverse fixtures apart from Sheffield, how do you think things will go, we need to pick up points from a couple of defeats they suffered in the first half.

We will be fine… hopefully have enough in the bag for a top 4 finish and home tie in the first round of the play offs 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ginaldo said:

agree Roger would be nice to beat the Bulls up at the mount and hopefully beat York away looking forward to both fixtures

This for me too. We didn't deserve to get beat by York at home. I think we have in us to pip York & Fax to third spot, might even catch Fev 😉

• Haha 2

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

49 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

This for me too. We didn't deserve to get beat by York at home. I think we have in us to pip York & Fax to third spot, might even catch Fev 😉

You are doing really well again this season.

I just hope that you don't run out of money before it ends. 

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

45 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

As long as we don't tell the taxman what our real attendance gates are we should be alright....

Edited by il cattivo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's so nice of you to be thinking of us at this most difficult time, when even changing coaches doesn't look to have had the desired effect of turning things around for the rams.

But you can rest easy, we should be okay. Apparently we are running on one of, if not the smallest budget in the league according to Lingard, (listen to about 9 mins in on the link below). He will know better than most, don't you think?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0cc36st

I guess there is all of that winning pay to find. However, if we get short, Kevin's friend Mark Sawyer, might have a bit of spare cash to lend us, as winning pay has not been an issue over the valley so far. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I would point you in the direction of the recent Bissa topic supporting the team directly for the past 18 years to the tune of £200k. It is this organised support that helped to secure the spine of the team for this season and I know it will be there to help next season and beyond. Batley fans are the best in the league, as the Pink weekend also testifies to

• Like 5

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

And if we get stuck we could always start a boot sale to boost income,ho hang on a bit thats for a rainy day at your place..lol.   Anyway it great to see our boys doing well on the budget we have and they sure look to be having a great time on the pitch enjoying the game. Just think if ref had a sent pauli pauli off when he should a done we could a been looking down from an even higher platform . Well done to all the Batley bod and coaching staff .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

It's so nice of you to be thinking of us at this most difficult time, when even changing coaches doesn't look to have had the desired effect of turning things around for the rams.

But you can rest easy, we should be okay. Apparently we are running on one of, if not the smallest budget in the league according to Lingard, (listen to about 9 mins in on the link below). He will know better than most, don't you think?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0cc36st

I guess there is all of that winning pay to find. However, if we get short, Kevin's friend Mark Sawyer, might have a bit of spare cash to lend us, as winning pay has not been an issue over the valley so far. 😉

I’m sure mr Sawyer would help out his beloved Batley big supporter of the gallant youths 😉 he might need it next year tho as they’ll probably be paying out in league 1 

Edited by Keep The Faith
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, silverback said:

. Just think if ref had a sent pauli pauli off when he should a done we could a been looking down from an even higher platform . Well done to all the Batley bod and coaching staff .

platform will be just that bit lower after your visit to us in july😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I would point you in the direction of the recent Bissa topic supporting the team directly for the past 18 years to the tune of £200k. It is this organised support that helped to secure the spine of the team for this season and I know it will be there to help next season and beyond. Batley fans are the best in the league, as the Pink weekend also testifies to

Spot on. The key to the process is that the clubs income from, gates, bars, food, etc can be used correctly, knowing that Sponsors, Supporters Club and BISSA monies will support the club in the moments that it is required. This process has been in place, not just recently, but for a number of years, and just look at The stadium, AND ,on the field for the proof. 

And on the gates we get, it shows how great The Supporters are. 

Edited by colinb
  • Like 6

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

He means all the win bonuses were paying out

I’m sure the club will be fine… box’s are full every game and it’s not like new sponsorship boards ain’t going up every week also the bar and food outlets are busy… never mind events outside the rugby calendar help 

• Thanks 1