Match thread: Championship Rd 20. Featherstone Rovers v York. Sunday 24th July 2022.

All round a poor performance but as i said we need to just keep winning.Joey sent 3 dreadful passes out to Briscoe in the first half a couple of good ones might have ended in tries.Pro players not being able to string decent passes together is not good enough.Much too slow in the halves and too many one man ups.Springer again the most hard working forward and Ferres did his share of tackling when on.As always John Davies worked hard.Mac can't be blamed for the poor passing but he has not improved the defensive technique.We need to get a defence coach in to the end of the season to give us any sort of chance.I didn't think Jones got the ball down on 56 min as i was sat within 5 yards thought he was held up.

• Like 2

Another ugly win. We again played in  patches, no real penetration. , and once again over 20 points conceded . It didnt help with Bussey & Jacks off, but still no excuse . Looks like Joey is again off the boil after 2 OK games. I dread to think how much we shelled out for him at the start of the season. Finally after rant over when are we likely to see FORD.

28 minutes ago, haskey said:

Another ugly win. We again played in  patches, no real penetration. , and once again over 20 points conceded . It didnt help with Bussey & Jacks off, but still no excuse . Looks like Joey is again off the boil after 2 OK games. I dread to think how much we shelled out for him at the start of the season. Finally after rant over when are we likely to see FORD.

Joey i heard is on The same that Gareth Hock was +25%.

Agree with these comments.

Hardcastle back in the centres. I agree.

Leilua to the bench. Had two positive games but normal service resumed today. Always waits for the ball to come to him. Never hungry to come inside or take the ball out of his own 25 to make hard yards a la Hardy. Either slips Luke a great ball or a speculator. If Hall threw these wonder passes as much he'd be dropped again or moved on. Chizzy played off the cuff a lot and that seemed to do for him.

Still don't get it with Gaz Gale. Lineham did OK today to be fair but certain players may have a right to feel hard done to. 

Interesting to read Rowleys comments about how far leigh are ahead of us now and that with all the chopping and changing how he thinks that this may have affected the team camaraderie. Must agree. We decided from the start not to use DR and bring in Leeds players, instead relying on our own squad. It seemed to work until we then decided to move players out  cut players and bring others in. All of a sudden the make up of the squad was totally different. Whether this correlates to results/performances?

24 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Bussey and Jacks out for upto 4 weeks according to Mc D on radio Rhinos.

Two key players missing then.So pencil in Sheffield away 2nd Sept for them to get ready for the play offs.That would be 6 weeks but look what happened to Koppy and MK bringing them back too soon.4 weeks would be Barrow away not a game you can throw players returning from injuries into.And the 5th week would be Workington home not worth risking it as we should be able to win with our fit players.We have had our share of bad luck with injuries this season.

Just now, sentoffagain2 said:

Two key players missing then.So pencil in Sheffield away 2nd Sept for them to get ready for the play offs.That would be 6 weeks but look what happened to Koppy and MK bringing them back too soon.4 weeks would be Barrow away not a game you can throw players returning from injuries into.And the 5th week would be Workington home not worth risking it as we should be able to win with our fit players.We have had our share of bad luck with injuries this season.

More then our share but so have other teams ( apart from one )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

No not matters ,dosn't seem to get any injuries.

We have been very lucky this year , spoke to the players when they got back from Haven yesterday , everybody fit and well , just Green from the early season and he's nearly ready , probably get some game time after the Bash 

8 hours ago, RobLambert said:

On holiday but I could have written the match report yesterday.  Generally sh*t. Mandatory 20 odd points conceded.  Joey a waste of space. McDona!d still a liability.  Injuries galore.

Most disappointing and depressing season I can recall.

2005? 2006?? They were purlers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

We have been very lucky this year , spoke to the players when they got back from Haven yesterday , everybody fit and well , just Green from the early season and he's nearly ready , probably get some game time after the Bash 

Lucky then but thats how it goes. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

Grounds the ball as he dives over.

The view we got the ball never makes contact with the ground.It was almost down but there was daylight between the point of the ball and the grass.A very good ex  Rovers Legend who goes to most games also said it was not down.I stick by my original comment.

4 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Grounds the ball as he dives over.

Have to say MLP, that I'm of the opinion also that Jonesy never got the ball down.Having said that, I'm also of the opinion that the NFL style "Hail Mary" pass from Pauli-Pauli to Brown also should not have been a try!🤣

• Like 3

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!