Newcastle (A)

Wakefield Ram

Definitely a winnable fixture. For a FT team Newcastle's results have been underwhelming and one of 4 Home fixtures we could have won. After the performance at Widnes, I'm optimistic. If we can get a win on the board, it will be a massive confidence boost for the players.

Tentatively optimistic although we still have a lot of HIA absences that might limit Liam's options. This is one of many away games that I won't be attending, I'm afraid.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Definitely a winnable fixture. For a FT team Newcastle's results have been underwhelming and one of 4 Home fixtures we could have won. After the performance at Widnes, I'm optimistic. If we can get a win on the board, it will be a massive confidence boost for the players.

Love your optimism ,but the heat has gone to your head.They haven't had a clue how to score tries all season.The players aren't good enough.How does Frazers saying go ...........

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

Love your optimism ,but the heat has gone to your head.They haven't had a clue how to score tries all season.The players aren't good enough.How does Frazers saying go ...........

The home game was 22-24 defeat and we have improved since then. 

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

The home game was 22-24 defeat and we have improved since then. 

Totally agree WR....its therefor the winning. Score early like last week and the belief will be there. Definitely backing the Rams for this one......dependant on player availability of course

• Like 3

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

Do you ever post anything positive?

• Haha 1

Like I have said before and I will say it again. SOME of our players are good enough. SOME are absolutely way off. Ok here goes. “Hi Nene McDonald and Krisnan Inu. Would you like to come and play for the Rams and receive garbage service out wide all year and by the way you will be playing behind a dominated pack every week”! “Oh no thanks I think we will pass on that one and keep taking the easy money”!

SOME of our lads are working their gonads off. Some are trying and some just need to forget it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, graham fisher said:

No as it’s not in his nature 😉

Look i've supported this club home and away since 68-69 when Keith Boffin got me to go to a match.I lived opposite the Whistle pub ,just a stones throw from Crown Flatt.As i always will support the club.You should have a go at the hundreds of people who know don't go an to be positive.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Like I have said before and I will say it again. SOME of our players are good enough. SOME are absolutely way off. Ok here goes. “Hi Nene McDonald and Krisnan Inu. Would you like to come and play for the Rams and receive garbage service out wide all year and by the way you will be playing behind a dominated pack every week”! “Oh no thanks I think we will pass on that one and keep taking the easy money”!

SOME of our lads are working their gonads off. Some are trying and some just need to forget it.

A lot of truth in this yet, at this stage in the season, these are the players that the coach has available. Nice though it would be to bring in further quality additions, it isn't going to happen.

I do see many improvements and the impact of LF is showing clearly. Too little too late maybe but as fans we still have to retain some optimism or we would all pack up, and we aren't like that. (Silcoates might chunter a bit but he is still there, week in week out, which in itself is admirable.)

• Like 3

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

55 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

A lot of truth in this yet, at this stage in the season, these are the players that the coach has available. Nice though it would be to bring in further quality additions, it isn't going to happen.

I do see many improvements and the impact of LF is showing clearly. Too little too late maybe but as fans we still have to retain some optimism or we would all pack up, and we aren't like that. (Silcoates might chunter a bit but he is still there, week in week out, which in itself is admirable.)

I like the word  chunter BSJ,it's not offensive like some on here. I'm afraid i'm going to keep on chuntering until eventually we start winning a few again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, silcoates said:

I like the word  chunter BSJ,it's not offensive like some on here. I'm afraid i'm going to keep on chuntering until eventually we start winning a few again.

Don't worry.  I.m confident we'll do London Skolars at home next year😀

• Haha 1

Quite a number on here seem optimistic about a win for Dewsbury tomorrow, but I think there is more improvement needed before our next victory comes. Okay, so we only lost by two points at home, but we are away and as I previously indicated, Thunder thrashed the Bulls at home and the Bulls walloped us at Odsal, which all points to:

Newcastle 42-12 Dewsbury 

FTS: Turner

MoM: Mathiou

Att: 677

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Thunder 18 - 22 Rams

(Desperation or optimism?)

FTS Gill

Att: will anyone know?

8 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Let’s hope Aaron Hall can play longer minutes before he starts blowing out of his ar se😉

I’d rather see a good 10 mins from Hall each week than a dire 80mins from some of our more established forwards.

• Like 2
rambo.gif

Can't see you getting anything out of this game tbh. Thunder 34 - Rams 22

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: