33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Wigan Warriors

27 minutes ago, muckymunksy said:

How the mighty have fallen 

Lap of honor just for 2 points. 

When's bus parade? 

They were given no chance against maybe the joint best team in the league in front of a big and loud home crowd ....I don't think any team wouldnt be chuffed with that and make a big deal of it..they deserve it and if Leeds are sorting themselvws our it is nothing but good for the game. I for one want them (or anyone) to knock Saints off their perch so my trip to Old Trafford will be a bit more exciting 

56 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Last night before his unwarranted facial on Field, it was noticable that on another couple of occasions he was shoving and pulling after the tackles he was involved in and even after the play the ball.

Years ago when we had our protectors these kind of players would have to stand up as real hard men, or lie down after suffering the consequences of their actions.

That said he is a rare talent, and I hope his attitude doesn't get the better of him,

Leeds had a centre a few years ago that was exactly the same.

Keith Senior.

its part of his game, and part of what makes him a great player.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

Brad Dwyer- great player 

Great runner from DH sometimes but watch how he delivers the ball from left to right....it's almost always a scruffy/loose/slow/inaccurate pass 

Don't get me wrong I like watching him and he is exciting but can't have a 9 who can only pass one way....not if they want to win things 

Edited by Bedfordshire Bronco

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds had a centre a few years ago that was exactly the same.

Keith Senior.

its part of his game, and part of what makes him a great player.

You saw more of Keith than I did, but my recollection of him is not the same of the opinion that I am forming about Harry, if he gets to be as good as Senior that will very pleasing for the national team, but I am very wary that his attitude is going to let him down.

PS you don't comment on my opinion of him Chris?

Edited by Harry Stottle

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I agree he is a class act in the making and I am all for player's showing aggression but Newman is bordering on being one of the games 'Grubs', loves to give it out but doesn't want it back, my thoughts go to the WC and if we play Aus there is every chance he could be opposite "King Grub" Latteral Mitchell, Newman would be well advised to calm it down somewhat for self preservation purposes.

I disagree with you here Harry. I actually think Newman would hold his own against any Aussie in a biff...he is very fit and very strong - squats 200kg.....I'd venture old pot belly Lattrell couldn't do that 

Anyway surely we need a little bit of grub in the WC against Aus/NZ? As long as him and Welsby don't get binned or give away constant penalties away I'm glad we have them on our side to snarl away at the opposition 

1 hour ago, muckymunksy said:

How the mighty have fallen 

Lap of honor just for 2 points. 

When's bus parade? 

I admit it was our CUPFINAL GF etc because that's where we are right now hopefully things may change and we are up there with Wigan and Saints etc . That's what sport is all about when your team plays well and unexpectedly beats a better team it makes one feel good including the players . I remember when it was Leeds and Saints and Leeds got beat by Wigan and Wiganers were ecstatic and rightly so otherwise why bother going . 

Edited by fieldofclothofgold
Unfinished

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

13 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

I admit it was our CUPFINAL GF etc because that's where we are right now hopefully things may change and we are up there with Wigan and Saints etc . That's what sport is all about when your team plays well and unexpectedly beats a better team it makes one feel good including the players . I remember when it was Leeds and Saints and Leeds got beat by Wigan and Wiganers were ecstatic and rightly so otherwise why bother going . 

Fans and players enjoying a great, unexpected win after a poor season at their home ground which they haven’t played at for 2 months. It’s ridiculous, they should be ashamed of themselves.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Last night before his unwarranted facial on Field, it was noticable that on another couple of occasions he was shoving and pulling after the tackles he was involved in and even after the play the ball.

Years ago when we had our protectors these kind of players would have to stand up as real hard men, or lie down after suffering the consequences of their actions.

That said he is a rare talent, and I hope his attitude doesn't get the better of him,

I think it is too early to compare him with Welsby, Field, French. 

They are virtually ever present and have taken their teams to the top 2 and won honours.

He misses an awful lot of games also. I actually think Jack Broadbent may turn out to be a better long term prospect though I am biased as I liked him at Batley. 

2 minutes ago, Niels said:

I think it is too early to compare him with Welsby, Field, French. 

They are virtually ever present and have taken their teams to the top 2 and won honours.

He misses an awful lot of games also. I actually think Jack Broadbent may turn out to be a better long term prospect though I am biased as I liked him at Batley. 

Jack Broadbent is nowhere near Newman.

Harry has been unlucky with injuries but one of them was a freak career threatening double leg break, the other was a badly managed hamstring which happens to a lot of players.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, M j M said:

Ganson steps in to avoid everyone trying to copy Harry Newman this weekend.

It was less Liam Moore's mistake and more James Child's I'd say though.

Definitely VR mistake but does show up how the going with the onfield decision is flawed.

• Like 2