McNamara blasts Huddersfield after IMG discussions

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes he is, it's easy Tommy just dangle the bait and there's a load of you who bites.l, and please don't take that personally.

I won't Harry, but you and I know for a fact that is what DB thinks. 

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Sky have said it in the past.

And are they like yourself Damien whose main reason for getting Sky Sports is the RL content, or are they Sky subscribers who will watch it as it's part of the package that they purchase for entirely different reasons to yourself, and they would still subscribe if RL was on or not?

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

And are they like yourself Damien whose main reason for getting Sky Sports is the RL content, or are they Sky subscribers who will watch it as it's part of the package that they purchase for entirely different reasons to yourself, and they would still subscribe if RL was on or not?

Does it really matter? They pay a subscription and enjoy RL when it is on. No one needs a badge of honour to watch a RL game just a remote control.

The overwhelming majority subscribe for the football and then probably F1 or cricket.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, glossop saint said:

Why have Leigh fans turned this into an away fan/subscription counting competition? Is it because that's the only way that they can claim to be a more important and bigger club than Catalans?

Catalan offer so much more than the majority of other SL clubs, let alone semi pro clubs, to the sport. The players, the exposure, the exciting moments, the international potential. But they don't sell any satellite dishes or buy enough pies so chuck them out.

You'd hope a great businessman would order less pies in to sell when expecting less fans. Ditto programmes.

13 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Does it really matter? They pay a subscription and enjoy RL when it is on. No one needs a badge of honour to watch a RL game just a remote control.

The overwhelming majority subscribe for the football and then probably F1 or cricket.

And that is all Sky care about. They aren't sitting there wondering whether everyone is a die hard rugby league fan who can name every winner going back to 1895.

18 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Honestly, I'd like to know your definition(s), and if they differ.

A Fan as in a fanatic, someone like all the guy's we will see in the pub watching football on telly sat there screaming for their favoured team, and most probably never ever been to watch them live.

A supporter, is one that actually does support the club in person gets along to games and puts money into their team through the turnstiles, i.e. supports them monetarily.

Those are my definitions Tommy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Good job Sky don't do a poll of it's subscribers then i.e

If Sky no longer provided RL content would you still subscribe?

And you know what Scubs I think they already realise this, hence the falling value of the RL contract, I wouldn't be surprised if it descends even further come the next contract.

4 minutes ago, NW10LDN said:

And that is all Sky care about. They aren't sitting there wondering whether everyone is a die hard rugby league fan who can name every winner going back to 1895.

But that wasn't the points being made , as I put on the previous page , there might be more people outside the heartlands who watch RL on SKY than in them , but that isn't the reason they subscribe , if you were to look at those that might cancel if RL stopped being on SKY , then without doubt the majority would be within them 

So putting value on French clubs on SKY isn't quantifyable either way 

9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I've travelled over 10,500 miles to watch a rugby league game. 2 actually, though they were roughly 1000km away from eachother.

Does that make me more qualified?

It wasn't directed at you Tommy, just the person who made the reference to travelling, just curious.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

But that wasn't the points being made , as I put on the previous page , there might be more people outside the heartlands who watch RL on SKY than in them , but that isn't the reason they subscribe , if you were to look at those that might cancel if RL stopped being on SKY , then without doubt the majority would be within them 

So putting value on French clubs on SKY isn't quantifyable either way 

Again, who cares why they watch? Rugby League can't afford to push away any fans but folks like yourself seem intent on doing that.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good job Sky don't do a poll of it's subscribers then i.e

If Sky no longer provided RL content would you still subscribe?

And you know what Scubs I think they already realise this, hence the falling value of the RL contract, I wouldn't be surprised if it descends even further come the next contract.

Then only the strongest clubs with the most fans and the highest turnover will survive and prosper. So clubs should stop whining about other clubs value (and a dwindling TV pie) and start getting bums on seats and sponsors in corporate lounges.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NW10LDN said:

Again, who cares why they watch? Rugby League can't afford to push away any fans but folks like yourself seem intent on doing that.

No idea where you get that conclusion from 

My summations were in response to unprovable claims on both sides about who , where and why anybody watches RL on SKY , RL does not sell subscriptions , football does that 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

No idea where you get that conclusion from 

My summations were in response to unprovable claims on both sides about who , where and why anybody watches RL on SKY , RL does not sell subscriptions , football does that 

Irrelevant. People choose to watch rugby league when its on.