Kevin proctor-sacked for Vaping

32 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

So you haven't seen it but you know an awful lot about it. Remarkable.

I actually do know quite a bit more about it than you, yes.

I know that it was laughed at for it's utter lack of detail and it's amateurish-ness.

It was back-of-a-fag-packet stuff.

18 minutes ago, dboy said:

I actually do know quite a bit more about it than you, yes.

I know that it was laughed at for it's utter lack of detail and it's amateurish-ness.

It was back-of-a-fag-packet stuff.

Have you seen it, or haven’t you?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dboy said:

No, but I know who has.

I know the RFL saw it and rejected it.

It was poor and it was rejected.

REJECTED.

Cos it was ######.

OK, I take it all back.

The application was ace, stunning, detailed, comprehensive, inspirational.

And THAT'S why the RFL rejected it.

31 minutes ago, dboy said:

OK, I take it all back.

The application was ace, stunning, detailed, comprehensive, inspirational.

And THAT'S why the RFL rejected it.

That's plausible, it is the RFL we are talking about, we all know how honest, objective, and fully focused on the betterment of Rugby League for all that they are. Not guilty of manslaughter if anyone chokes laughing. 

On 25/07/2022 at 11:39, Kayakman said:

Why would anyone want to post a of video of them vaping in a shitter?

I just don't get it.

It's Autralia so it's either that or watch Australian Masterchef or old Chips Rafferty films. in it?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

From actual Salford, not the AJ Bell which is in the ar*e-end of nowhere. The fact that it´s five minutes then from Salford is the reason why you´d base it in Manchester proper then, isn´t it? Training infrastructure is the amount of places that you can base an academy, including MRA . It´s relevant because it´s a reason why a club looking for a higher player base would be based in Manchester proper. I´m not sure why you don´t understand the facilities available impacts attracting players and there´s more facilities in manchester than in Salford. These are simple points a 12 year old could grasp. 

Spending the money on a 33 year old that could go to another British player or community coaching is obviously blocking a spot . The whatabboutery doesn´t change that point, you just listed examples where it is also a bad thing. 

We all know Bradford are sh*t, but if I was in SL it a pretty sad fact that two teams without SL cash are running academies when you weren´t seen fit to do so. 

Well all of that is a pile of $hite but I bet you're glad you got it off your chest eh?😁👍

On 25/07/2022 at 10:17, UTK said:

Let's be honest here, if it was AJ Brimson or Tino Fa'asuamaleaui doing it they wouldn't have been sacked. It's a very convenient excuse for the Titans to get rid of Proctor and take a stand to warn other players to keep in line at the same time.

Agreed, they would have wheeled any star player out for a , Oh I’m very sorry off field issues , grieving from the death of my cat , will be remorseful for the rest of my life , will enter a vaping rehab facility and do a couple of shifts at a soup kitchen sponsor appeasement self flagellation scripted blurb shoulders hunched looking down   Club tie on speach , Coach or owner will say that they have fallen short of the ideals of the club the fans and there teammates ,  but will then confirm that they are happy to take money off any person or organisation who falls short of the club the fans or there teammates.Fairly obvious it’s fallen nicely for them , I mean S£&T the bed he vaped in a toilet!!!!!! . What would they have done If it was a bong shot him . 

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

No just a shame you cant read. 

I can read alright fella (you missed the ' out BTW), the fact is you've just posted a load of guff by suggesting Salford move to Manchester. Is that you Marwan?🕵️😁

PS. "From actual Salford, not the AJ Bell which is in the ar*e-end of nowhere"

The irony of this from someone who lives in Shropshire.😁 I used to love this line being trotted out by away fans when the stadium is barely half a mile from a main junction of the M60 (usually our friends from t'other side of the Pennines)😂

Edited by SalfordSlim

On 02/08/2022 at 08:53, Hammerless Nail said:

Salford ran a full academy until around 2016. Niall Evalds, Stefan Ratchford, Theo Fages, Marc Sneyd and others all came through it. The club's then owner, Marwan Koukash, disbanded that academy following a dispute with the RFL, a decision he later said he regretted.

Earlier this year, the club, under new management, applied to rejoin the full academy set up, but we're denied. I'm sure they'll try again next year.

However, this means the club is denied the funding from the RFL that goes towards paying for academies, is denied the salary cap dispensations that academy players bring and is denied the opportunity to receive payments from other clubs when an academy player moves on. These are all advantages that other clubs currently enjoy, and Salford's exclusion from the full academy set up is a considerable disadvantage, particularly with regards the number of players they have available to them

Nevertheless, the club runs a development academy, and has strong links with an academy in Wales. I'm not sure if either of these attract central funding. They've recently brought a young player up to the area from that Welsh academy, while two members of the development academy have been named in the club's 21 man Super League squad so far this season.

In completely unrelated news, Salford have been linked with a player from the NRL. Not signed, just been linked with.

For background, clubs with a full academy also sign players. See Warrington's recent activity in the transfer market, for example.

Hmmm...

Thanks fella. Reminds me of the days when people relied on facts than gut feeling to decide on issues.

Had we relied on the original warped RFL "judgement" then even Cas, KR and Bradford would have had their academies removed.

(I could query how the RFL simultaneously apply rigid criteria against Cas and Bradford for the academies and apply flaccid criteria against Cas and Bradford supporters for their dreadful ground.)

But I won't. The money is there, but it doesn't make sense.)

I will say the RFL not allowing some of its SL members not to have an academy is abysmal. 

The future has to be regulated. Free market thinking is spent here and everywhere. RL's future has to be either compulsive academies for all SL clubs or all accessing regional academies. (My choice)

Proctor's future might be more advanced by his agent than the clubs I'd say. He seems to be more a Leigh or pre Powell Wire type.

Sooner Partington or Byrne joined SRD than Proctor. Money was put into developing Luckley and Dupree. But in Blease we trust.

Edited by idrewthehaggis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

The future has to be regulated. Free market thinking is spent here and everywhere.

🤣 the Bliarites will have the thread locked now.

Like your post very much but this bit made me laugh.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

So, to summarise: all Super League clubs should have an academy, but Salford should invest in youth despite not receiving central funding for an academy, and should find the money for this by not signing any players for their first team squad.

If/when they do form a full academy, they should move it from the AJ Bell stadium with its all weather pitches and fully equipped, modern gymnasium - and away from any interaction with the first team squad - to an unspecified location in another city, a city in which there are, as far as I'm aware, currently no schools playing the sport. Because that would be better.

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

One last thing to clear up. Paul Rowley has said Kevin Proctor won't be joining Salford. Still, for a day or two there, the 'news' did give some people the opportunity to vent their righteous ire, so it's all good.

5 hours ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Had we relied on the original warped RFL "judgement" then even Cas, KR and Bradford would have had their academies removed.

A decision overturned because people moaned about it, MPs got on the bandwagon. Hull KR the most egregious having employed Ben Cockayne in their academy, a ludicrous appointment.

37 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

So, to summarise: all Super League clubs should have an academy, but Salford should invest in youth despite not receiving central funding for an academy, and should find the money for this by not signing any players for their first team squad.

If/when they do form a full academy, they should move it from the AJ Bell stadium with its all weather pitches and fully equipped, modern gymnasium - and away from any interaction with the first team squad - to an unspecified location in another city, a city in which there are, as far as I'm aware, currently no schools playing the sport. Because that would be better.

I'm glad we've cleared that up.

One last thing to clear up. Paul Rowley has said Kevin Proctor won't be joining Salford. Still, for a day or two there, the 'news' did give some people the opportunity to vent their righteous ire, so it's all good.

Well said HN. Good to see that some on here talk some sense.

On 02/08/2022 at 21:01, ShropshireBull said:

From actual Salford, not the AJ Bell which is in the ar*e-end of nowhere. The fact that it´s five minutes then from Salford is the reason why you´d base it in Manchester proper then, isn´t it? Training infrastructure is the amount of places that you can base an academy, including MRA . It´s relevant because it´s a reason why a club looking for a higher player base would be based in Manchester proper. I´m not sure why you don´t understand the facilities available impacts attracting players and there´s more facilities in manchester than in Salford. These are simple points a 12 year old could grasp. 

Spending the money on a 33 year old that could go to another British player or community coaching is obviously blocking a spot . The whatabboutery doesn´t change that point, you just listed examples where it is also a bad thing. 

We all know Bradford are sh*t, but if I was in SL it a pretty sad fact that two teams without SL cash are running academies when you weren´t seen fit to do so. 

So the latest is Salford Red Devil’s aren’t interested.