2023 Squad.

spanishknight

8 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

True.I don't want us to go down the duel reg route for anymore players,but if we were thinking of that then why don't we think outside the box and link up with an Australian club for example.

An Aussie club on DR?! Imagine the carbon footprint! 😅

There are several reasons why that idea is a non-starter.

1 hour ago, Wiggyroad said:

If Jamie Ellis is in the squad that would say to me that our half backs aren't ready for the start of the season.

probably, but iam pleased Ellis has resigned , good cover to have

• Like 1

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

probably, but iam pleased Ellis has resigned , good cover to have

Thought he was poor last season for the knights and would have rather us have signed Inman who joined Halifax than resigned Ellis and if the knights are struggling with the finances to bring players in surely we would have been better bringing in another centre or prop where we are still short.

11 minutes ago, Puk said:

Thought he was poor last season for the knights and would have rather us have signed Inman who joined Halifax than resigned Ellis and if the knights are struggling with the finances to bring players in surely we would have been better bringing in another centre or prop where we are still short.

agree , not his best season but did struggle with injuries , on his day still a very good half and the best goalkicker in the squad

4 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

True.I don't want us to go down the duel reg route for anymore players,but if we were thinking of that then why don't we think outside the box and link up with an Australian club for example.

It’s quite far away and flights cost about 4 times what they did in 2017. 

• Haha 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like it’s true Keighley statement says:

Keighley Cougars can announce that Brenden Santi has activated a clause in his contract and the club have agreed to release the popular prop forward from the remainder of his contract.

CEO Ryan O’Neill said “It is with regret that Brenden is to leave the club with immediate effect with an offer that would be difficult for anyone to turn down. I have gone on record over the last 2-3 weeks and said that if a player has his head turned then it’s time to let him move on as it’s impossible to focus on the job at hand. Brenden has been a fine example of player for Keighley both on and off the field and I, and the board wish him well in his new move.”

Brenden said “I would like to thank the club, the O’Neil family, and Ryan and Kaue personally for everything that has been done for me during my time here. The generosity and support during my time at Keighley has been greatly appreciated, and this decision is not one that I have made easily”.

“To the fans, I must thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have welcomed me to the town and taken me in as one of your own and for that I am ever grateful. I realise this will be an unpopular decision with fans but I felt it was one I had to make to ensure I didn’t stagnate as a player.”

The club would like to wish Brenden all the best with his career.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Signed on to the end of the season, with the option to sign a deal for next year.

Nothing on the knights official website about signing him unless i couldn't see it.