Thu 25th Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull FC KO 19:45

Who will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/08/22 at 19:15

Just now, johnh1 said:

Brierley wins it. Well done you Reds.

Deep sigh of relief.

What was it you said? "No problem, Tony?" Sheesh. Nerves shredded.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

5 minutes ago, MZH said:

Sounds like we had a dig and really made Salford work for it. With so many key players missing that's all we are looking for tbh.

Can't really fault the effort of the FC players today. Sao and Satae especially caused us big problems.

Whilst we dominated the game it was a poor performance in the context of the last few weeks. Croft and Sneyd did their best to throw it away but they've more than earnt an off night. Luckily Brierley stepped up and was excellent. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Sounds like we had a dig and really made Salford work for it. With so many key players missing that's all we are looking for tbh.

I think Hull have to take a.lot of credit for the way they played tonight. Based on the respective form of both sides this always looked an easy win for Salford on paper. I was never that confident though and Hull's forwards really put a big shift in, especially in the first half and caused us a lot of problems as we just couldn't stop the offloads despite numerous men in the tackle. Salford always looked the more likely team to score but we were a bit profligate at times and probably should've had a fairly healthy lead at HT based on clean breaks, territory etc. 

I thought we controlled the 2nd half reasonably well but never really put the game to bed and Hull defended their try line brilliantly at times. When Sneyd had a complete brain fart and threw the ball into touch with 6/7 minutes left Hull then went straight into our 20 and scored and it left a really nervy last few minutes. 

I guess both teams can take credit out of the game. Hull for a vastly improved effort with a heavily depleted squad and Salford for getting the job done without being anywhere near the level of the last 6/7 games.

Cas is now a HUGE game on Monday and it feels like the winner will have the momentum to snatch that 6th spot (assuming Leeds don't lose their last 2).

• Like 1

Well that wasn't the Salford I have become used to. Bodie Croft failed to offload twice and therefore bombed tries. Sneyd dropping the ball.

There was something lacking in the fluidity of the team. Hull dug in and gained position from pens for the tries, without those pens they struggled to get out of their half for long periods. Still no idea what the pen was for in front of the sticks which led to Hull taking the lead.

Really nervy performance by Salford, good sliding defence from Hull.

Need to really up the game for Cas.

This is a game Salford would have previously lost so I guess we are progressing.

The rugby was scintillating. It was waves upon waves of Red taking on the line.

Got me thinking of being a teen on my first holiday abroad, I was entranced seeing startled Camargue horses rampaging across the Midi plains (wrongly humming the theme for White Horses which is actually about gee gees in Serbia not France).

Agreed with you Slim and Willow, FC really caused alot of problems with their meaty middles as often they do. SRD were often as too bold as Prince's father and the fans as unsatisfied as his mammy. 

But it was astonishing stuff from Salford. I am still rattling with nerves and excitement almost a day on. Shredded. 

No idea what the attendance was, but (for SRD) the number of newbies and returnees seemed obvious. It was full from view from row z. And it was a great atmosphere. 

Jeepers I am really enjoying the moment. 

Onwards Livingstone to the Jungle 🤘😃✌️

• Like 1