Town this sunday

georgeb1

22 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

See Town have sacked Chris Thorman, feel sorry for him he's had no money to bring decent championship players in, always liked him a decent coach and bloke.

I read the statements as Chris has decided to leave after an offer elsewhere (my money on Newcastle) so don't think he has been sacked, maybe left before he was pushed though 😉

• Thanks 3

Rugby League will pay its respects to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II throughout the period of national mourning.

There will be no fixtures in England on Friday September 9 – this means the Betfred Championship fixture between Sheffield Eagles and Dewsbury Rams will be postponed,

Further announcements will be made about the weekend fixtures at all levels, following further meetings on Friday morning.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

The R.F.L. have said all games on Saturday and Sunday will go ahead, plus tonight's Super League game in France, Catalan v Leeds.

Good, a bit of common sense. 

• Like 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 05/09/2022 at 20:33, spanishknight said:

See Town have sacked Chris Thorman, feel sorry for him he's had no money to bring decent championship players in, always liked him a decent coach and bloke.

They didn't Sack Chris he relinquished his post  for the betterment of the club. I don't think many of the Workington supporters would have many bad things said towards him. I would say good luck to him at his next post where ever it maybe.

• Like 2

On 05/09/2022 at 20:33, spanishknight said:

Head coach Chris Thorman has taken the decision to accept an opportunity at another club and will leave us at the end of the season. 

Was good to see a good number of Town fans at today's game, they are very passionate about their club. It was fairly obvious after the match as the players posed for photographs in small groups, that a number of them will be moving on for next season. Sadly, for me, that reflected in the performance on the field, and I really hope, for the sake of the club, and their fans they can regroup, and get back into the Championship. The supporters deserve that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Much better performance but still not playing for the full 80 minutes. 

First half we were offside 3 times in the first 4 mins , scored 2 good trys just before half time that flattered us going into the break , second half we gave it some air( at last ) and scored pretty much at ease against a tired and relegated side , fax next week will be a free hit as most true York fan's will expect nothing  .

• Like 2