IMG proposals to be presented to clubs next week?

On 12/09/2022 at 10:23, Harry Stottle said:

Mr Rimmer was on Radio Manchester yesterday and said about his resignation "it was time to move on" that could be construed in a lot of different ways.

It’s been time for him to move on for years, so why do it now. 

On 06/09/2022 at 13:29, Toby Chopra said:

No team outside SL could credibly say they'd get higher crowds, except maybe Leigh.

I think Widnes and Bradford both would in SL, and Wakey haven’t even had the years outside of SL for fans to disappear that both of those have. 

30 minutes ago, Gordon Street said:

what is it you object to about his period in office?

The inaction, the game has gone backwards under his watch. Nothing against the bloke, I just don’t think he’s up to a job like this one. He rarely answers a direct question either, which I find frustrating to listen to. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The inaction, the game has gone backwards under his watch. Nothing against the bloke, I just don’t think he’s up to a job like this one. He rarely answers a direct question either, which I find frustrating to listen to. 

Doesn't come across as CEO material. Middle manager at (very) best. As you say, the game has gone backward under his "leadership".

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

it hasn't been his 'watch'. He was the chief executive. 

27 minutes ago, Gordon Street said:

it hasn't been his 'watch'. He was the chief executive. 

Don’t you think the chief exec should have anything to do with the direction and general health of the game? We’ll have to agree to differ on that one. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Don’t you think the chief exec should have anything to do with the direction and general health of the game? We’ll have to agree to differ on that one. 

no. The chief exec enacts the decisions taken by the RFL, his employers, relating to the direction and general health of the game. If Rimmer has been involved in the implementation of this year's World Cup, after last year's disappointing but understandable postponement of it, then perhaps he deserves credit rather than opprobrium. The direction and general health of the game is in the hands of all sorts of influences. 

Edited by Gordon Street

50 minutes ago, Gordon Street said:

no. The chief exec enacts the decisions taken by the RFL, his employers, relating to the direction and general health of the game. If Rimmer has been involved in the implementation of this year's World Cup, after last year's disappointing but understandable postponement of it, then perhaps he deserves credit rather than opprobrium. The direction and general health of the game is in the hands of all sorts of influences. 

Ok Ralph. 

• Haha 2

5c6b57e8100e98c946fca78a1421ea18.jpg.bb720ebae03f38668d15460faae1fd12.jpg

Gordon Street? Ah, yes, Gordon Street. I once knew a girl who lived on Gordon Street. Long time ago, when I was a young man. Not a day passes I don't think her and the promise that I made which I will always keep. That one perfect day on Gordon Street.

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.