Toby Warren

spanishknight

Good luck to him and let's hope he makes it at the Rhinos obviously think highly of him to give him a four year contract,wonder if the knights received a transfer fee for him as he was still under contract at the knights.

26 minutes ago, Puk said:

Good luck to him and let's hope he makes it at the Rhinos obviously think highly of him to give him a four year contract,wonder if the knights received a transfer fee for him as he was still under contract at the knights.

They’ll probably send us a signed shirt to raffle off. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Got to love RL. Top teams cream off the best young talent at 16. Most of the lads don’t make it at pro/semi-pro level. My lad played in the same Siddal junior team as Holroyd, Smithies, Dean and Borough. Most of them signed, only those four left (plus Whitton at Cornwall). Many don’t play RL again or drift to RU. If a good lad like Warren ends up at a club like York he gets taken anyway. Nor knocking him- good luck to to the kid. But how can you develop a good side from within when the vultures swoop. Will be AJ.next. How many players have London found, developed and lost? Then again might not be an issue when we’re the crappy franchise “North York’s Turnips”  and the Knights cease to be. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

Got to love RL. Top teams cream off the best young talent at 16. Most of the lads don’t make it at pro/semi-pro level. My lad played in the same Siddal junior team as Holroyd, Smithies, Dean and Borough. Most of them signed, only those four left (plus Whitton at Cornwall). Many don’t play RL again or drift to RU. If a good lad like Warren ends up at a club like York he gets taken anyway. Nor knocking him- good luck to to the kid. But how can you develop a good side from within when the vultures swoop. Will be AJ.next. How many players have London found, developed and lost? Then again might not be an issue when we’re the crappy franchise “North York’s Turnips”  and the Knights cease to be. 

They have done it for years, sign 20 young kids up then get rid of 17 in 18 months, that's why they are better signing for a club like York, Batley etc, wonder if he'll come to the Knights on loan next season?.

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

Good points however at what point do we say ‘that doesn’t count’? I’m sure Coventry weren’t ecstatic when Batchelor moved to York. How about Myles Harrison, AJ Towse, Porter, Chilton and obviously Warren - were New Earswick, Heworth and Acorn compensated when York brought them in? It goes on at all levels, and happens in most sports, doesn’t make it right. If it was up to me there’d be a set minimum compensation figure depending on the league but it’s not up to me and it will continue.

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Puk said:

Say's both club's came to an agreement , despite the sarcasm from some I'm sure York benefited financially 

• Like 4

On 08/09/2022 at 19:37, Wiggyroad said:

I hope york got compo but something tells me they won't have. What us the point of a lower league team bringing on young players for not so super league team to take the cream and then dump them

One years FREE loan of Levi , with no recall clause. 😉