York on Sunday

spanishknight

4 minutes ago, Alineden said:

If Wayne Bennet had been coach and had the same budget and squad at his disposal as CT had, where do you think we'd have finished in the league?

I dont know how many coaches you've played for but I'll chose to take Jammers word for who the best is he's played for.

They haven’t looked fit enough to perform for 80 minutes all season and have been made to look very ordinary against the bottom half sides in the championship.

in regards to the budget, I was told that Whitehaven’s was by far the lowest and Towns was in the bottom half of the league.

but yet Whitehaven still managed to sign a couple of good overseas players which helped them retain their Championship place.

our preseason recruitment was pitiful, and players will have been signed on his recommendation, his plan to go for speed and quick balls out wide never materialised as the ball rarely gets past the first receiver, so our forwards have been battered all year, which was highlighted by multiple long term supporters before the season started, but hey, what do we know eh marra!

We’ve been nilled on multiple occasions yet still continued to play the same game plan of one man rugby and throw it out wide on the 4th, kick on the 5th !

very predictable and we couldn’t have made it easier for the opposition.

I’ve watched a lot of Town sides in the last 50 years, so I’m quite happy to say this current side was one of the worst I’ve seen, and if you don’t agree, we’ll that’s up to you and we will have to agree to disagree.

But I’ll end my comments on this thread and say ‘at the end of a season, the table doesn’t lie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Believe it mate we had about 64k this year and had to find the rest off sponsors 

Yeah but those 2 combined will probably have been more than town had. Rumours all season have been that someone chucked a big chunk of money at haven. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

They haven’t looked fit enough to perform for 80 minutes all season and have been made to look very ordinary against the bottom half sides in the championship.

in regards to the budget, I was told that Whitehaven’s was by far the lowest and Towns was in the bottom half of the league.

but yet Whitehaven still managed to sign a couple of good overseas players which helped them retain their Championship place.

our preseason recruitment was pitiful, and players will have been signed on his recommendation, his plan to go for speed and quick balls out wide never materialised as the ball rarely gets past the first receiver, so our forwards have been battered all year, which was highlighted by multiple long term supporters before the season started, but hey, what do we know eh marra!

We’ve been nilled on multiple occasions yet still continued to play the same game plan of one man rugby and throw it out wide on the 4th, kick on the 5th !

very predictable and we couldn’t have made it easier for the opposition.

I’ve watched a lot of Town sides in the last 50 years, so I’m quite happy to say this current side was one of the worst I’ve seen, and if you don’t agree, we’ll that’s up to you and we will have to agree to disagree.

But I’ll end my comments on this thread and say ‘at the end of a season, the table doesn’t lie

Ok

38 minutes ago, town4me said:

Yeah but those 2 combined will probably have been more than town had. Rumours all season have been that someone chucked a big chunk of money at haven. 

Yea dean Henderson was the rumour but it was not true we were lucky to have a couple of decent sponsors otherwise we would have been in trouble 

2 hours ago, town4me said:

So glad the seasons over. TBH I suspected this was going to happen before a ball was kicked. I wasn't really for the new stadium idea but now i think it's the only way forward with the possibility of building something for the future that could stay in this league. 

i am still not for the new stadium.  

The stadium has nothing to do with on field performance

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Yea dean Henderson was the rumour but it was not true we were lucky to have a couple of decent sponsors otherwise we would have been in trouble 

Yes Robertsons Jam Ltd sponsored you well this season- also saved you a fortune on your catering. 👍

2 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

i am still not for the new stadium.  

The stadium has nothing to do with on field performance

I see what you mean but it will surely bring cash in that will help and possibly be an attraction  for players.  Multi use stadiums are the way forward. Paying for the up keep of DP which hardly get used all year will be difficult and affects having money to improve the on field performance 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, anok4u said:

The question is, is the club in a better state for him being there? Answer...sadly not a chance

Think Jamie has had a few beers on him when wrote that and just taking the ######, 

14 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I don't think he disagreed at all, he made the point that this years squad has simply not been up to the task and never was for whatever reasons. You're quick to blame coaches. I doubt it's as simple as that and that Jamie's comment is probably well founded.

14 hours ago, town4me said:

I see what you mean but it will surely bring cash in that will help and possibly be an attraction  for players.  Multi use stadiums are the way forward. Paying for the up keep of DP which hardly get used all year will be difficult and affects having money to improve the on field performance 

How does a new stadium bring in cash?

DP costs money to maintain and so does BP

AND SO WILL A NEW STADIUM and because it will be used more it will cost more to maintain!

Who pays for the maintenance of a NEW stadium.

33 minutes ago, DocH said:

I don't think he disagreed at all, he made the point that this years squad has simply not been up to the task and never was for whatever reasons. You're quick to blame coaches. I doubt it's as simple as that and that Jamie's comment is probably well founded.

unfortunately someone has to take responsibility and that comes with the job description - Chris was here 3 seasons, most of the signings from Newcastle would have been on his recommendation

3 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

How does a new stadium bring in cash?

DP costs money to maintain and so does BP

AND SO WILL A NEW STADIUM and because it will be used more it will cost more to maintain!

Who pays for the maintenance of a NEW stadium.

Well a new stadium won't need as much maintenance as an ageing DP. Also the more its used the more money it should see. It would hopefully bring in cash through sponsorship.  As much as I like DP it a single use stadium that's hardly used and due to its age is only gonna have Increase maintenance costs. 

• Like 1

A lot will depend on who gets the money for car parking, food & drink sales etc.  If that does not go to Town or Reds on the days they are using the new stadium then they could struggle to raise the extra revenue that all teams need.  A few teams such as Widnes & Leigh are rumoured to be upset at the reduced ability to raise money on such things even if they have great stadiums funded by their local councils.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, town4me said:

Well a new stadium won't need as much maintenance as an ageing DP. Also the more its used the more money it should see. It would hopefully bring in cash through sponsorship.  As much as I like DP it a single use stadium that's hardly used and due to its age is only gonna have Increase maintenance costs. 

I am afraid nobody is thinking this through and as you say "Hopefully" it will get more sponsorship.

Local Companies that currently pay sponsorship for the signage at DP at the entrance and in the Stadium - all that money goes to Town currently.

Any company who also does this at BP all money goes to Reds, Anyone who does it at both grounds will only need to do it once. so that will be less sponsorship. Some like me who think a shared stadium is a bad idea who do this at DP for example may not want to do this at BP and vice versa.

I dont know how many signs etc there are at DP and BP but whatever it is will be halved or a third each or nothing at all if the stadium keep it for running costs.

Towns brilliant Volunteers who look after DP [The pitch is marvellous by the way] and Reds Volunteers - will they continue at new stadium because instead of 10 home games there will be at least 30 now - more if the Ladies teams play there.

Or will there be no volunteers and employees taken on - this will incur costs?

Town play at summer and the pitch is great because of that and the volunteers hard work as said above.

But a new shared stadium will have a plastic pitch - wont need as much attention as grass but wont last forever with over 30 plus matches a year.

how long will that last and how much is a new one? and who pays for it

Who pays the electric bill for example.

Next year unfortunately Town only have 10 Home games and if they are properly spread out [not the #### up RFL did this year] then they will predominantly be during the summer with no need for floodlights especially with a 2 pm kick off.

Reds have approx. 18/20 home matches [twice as many] and run through winter during the shorter days and may use floodlights a lot?

If Town have to pay half the cost of leccy bill that is going to be far higher than what they pay now?

None of this is a dig at reds - If everything is halved then Reds will bring in far more gate money than Town as we have just had a #### season, so our crowds will be lower and reds are still riding high in their league so their crowds should be higher than towns plus twice as many matches.

its just facts that people wont answer and just keep saying "it will be cheaper" - How??

Does the stadium management take in the gate money and the Beer money from stadium bar/bars?

Does the stadium management take a third and give a third each to reds/town or keep more?

Or does reds have to stock bar before their match and buy drink and sell it and keep money - then town do it before their games??

I have yet to see anything mentioned as to how it will be run just lots of people saying "it will be cheaper and better"

If that was the case they would have shown us like they did with the original plans.

When everything is being kept secret - it doesn't feel right.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Still needs electric, water , cleaning etc and needs people to work on gates offices bars.

1 minute ago, Derwent Parker said:

I am afraid nobody is thinking this through and as you say "Hopefully" it will get more sponsorship.

Local Companies that currently pay sponsorship for the signage at DP at the entrance and in the Stadium - all that money goes to Town currently.

Any company who also does this at BP all money goes to Reds, Anyone who does it at both grounds will only need to do it once. so that will be less sponsorship. Some like me who think a shared stadium is a bad idea who do this at DP for example may not want to do this at BP and vice versa.

I dont know how many signs etc there are at DP and BP but whatever it is will be halved or a third each or nothing at all if the stadium keep it for running costs.

Towns brilliant Volunteers who look after DP [The pitch is marvellous by the way] and Reds Volunteers - will they continue at new stadium because instead of 10 home games there will be at least 30 now - more if the Ladies teams play there.

Town play at summer and the pitch is great because of that and the volunteers hard work as said above.

But a new shared stadium will have a plastic pitch - wont need as much attention as grass but wont last forever with over 30 plus matches a year.

Next year unfortunately Town only have 10 Home games and if they are properly spread out [not the #### up RFL did this year] then they will predominantly be during the summer with no need for floodlights especially with a 2 pm kick off.

Reds have approx. 18/20 home matches [twice as many] and run through winter during the shorter days and may use floodlights a lot?

If Town have to pay half the cost of leccy bill that is going to be far higher than what they pay now?

None of this is a dig at reds - If everything is halved then Reds will bring in far more gate money than Town as we have just had a #### season, so our crowds will be lower and reds are still riding high in their league so their crowds should be higher than towns plus twice as many matches.

its just facts that people wont answer and just keep saying "it will be cheaper" - How??

Does the stadium management take in the gate money and the Beer money from stadium bar/bars?

Does the stadium management take a third and give a third each to reds/town or keep more?

Or does reds have to stock bar before their match and buy drink and sell it and keep money - then town do it before their games??

I have yet to see anything mentioned as to how it will be run just lots of people saying "it will be cheaper and better"

If that was the case they would have shown us like they did with the original plans.

Some good points there mate. Lots will be sorry to see the end of DP me Included. But hey as i'ev said previously IMO single use stadiums that hardly get used aren't the way forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

Don’t faint, but I do agree with a lot of the points you’ve raised.

there are lots of questions that need answered in regards to running costs etc.

but One thing is for certain, and that is that Town will struggle to stay at Derwent Park on the back of 10 home games. 

thats 10 days trading and the other 355 days shut except for the odd event/function etc.

the numbers just don’t add up 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Don’t faint, but I do agree with a lot of the points you’ve raised.

there are lots of questions that need answered in regards to running costs etc.

but One thing is for certain, and that is that Town will struggle to stay at Derwent Park on the back of 10 home games. 

thats 10 days trading and the other 355 days shut except for the odd event/function etc.

the numbers just don’t add up 

I appreciate that - but that's why i ask how the new stadium going to operate.

The only thing we know about a shared stadium is that Reds and Towns Playing staff, Backroom staff and Transport is down to each individual team!  Money put in by directors/supporters, Sponsors and blue knights etc paying towards players goes to each team and has nothing to do with stadium.

Everything else is unknown

For example 

If [after stadium cost] which until we are told could be anything,

Total Income and expenses [profits] from matchdays [after all that is the stadiums job] are halved between town and reds then reds will probably have the bad deal - with the double number of matches and bar sales they will have. Because as we know bar sales and crowds are the main income.

If the income is shared out per match, then we are where we are now with 10 trading days - but as i said earlier after running costs.  And will end up with Reds getting 66% of the profits and Town 33%

Now if in future DTTRRs gets his wallet out and buys us a Superleague team and we get crowds bigger than reds then that will change but until then?

As I say it's a can of worms until we are told what is happening.

If Town supporters' clubs and Fanzone etc. do the same at the new stadium where does that money go, and will they have the facilities and permission to do it - or is that future revenue lost?

I have spoken online to fans of many clubs especially Oldham who rue the day they gave up their stadium

23 hours ago, Alineden said:

Ok

Personally, i think under a different coach and if we had retained the players we have lost over the season, we could have made a fight of it, ok maybe not staying up, but going down with a fight and with a bit of pride.