Squad for 2023.

jroyales

Me thinks that the squad size will depend on the announcement from IMG or whatever they are called. I listened to Ralph Rimmer on the radio and he says his leaving is nothing at all to do with the changes that are coming to the English rugby league 

19 hours ago, clifford said:

Me thinks that the squad size will depend on the announcement from IMG or whatever they are called. I listened to Ralph Rimmer on the radio and he says his leaving is nothing at all to do with the changes that are coming to the English rugby league 

There's a thread on the main forum stating that there might be a possible vote by clubs on the 28th Sept on what IMG have suggested on structure. Rumour is it's SL1 of 10 teams, SL2 of 10 teams (all 20 clubs licensed, promotion & relegation between the two SL divisions but not automatically to the league below, presumably the remaining clubs in a single division where you have to apply for a license / franchise to be admitted to SL.

If what you are saying is true RR, it will mean Warrington and Toulouse will drop into SL2, to be joined with Leigh, Featherstone, Halifax, Barrow, Batley, York, Widnes and Sheffield.

Division 3 (if that is what it could be called and again 10 sides) will consist of Keighly, Swinton, Crusaders, Doncaster, Bradford, Whitehaven, London Broncos, Newcastle, Dewsbury, Workington.

Oldham, Rochdale and Hunslet  with the rest of League 1 won't be part of the new set up unless they create a fourth division!

Cause for concern if that is being mooted.

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

If what you are saying is true RR, it will mean Warrington and Toulouse will drop into SL2, to be joined with Leigh, Featherstone, Halifax, Barrow, Batley, York, Widnes and Sheffield.

Division 3 (if that is what it could be called and again 10 sides) will consist of Keighly, Swinton, Crusaders, Doncaster, Bradford, Whitehaven, London Broncos, Newcastle, Dewsbury, Workington.

Oldham, Rochdale and Hunslet  with the rest of League 1 won't be part of the new set up unless they create a fourth division!

Cause for concern if that is being mooted.

They may go to one larger division below SL. Also, not sure if this comes in straight away or the season after next.

5 hours ago, Roughyed Rats said:

There will be lots of teams going for it next season if that's the case. Urgent investment needed ASAP and moving forward we aren't going to get a license if we are not playing at somewhere like BP. I hope the positive sounds coming from Latics come to fruition.

We can live in hope.

On 11/09/2022 at 18:27, moorside roughyed said:

I'd be surprised if Restall was still with Oldham next season.

I think he will play elsewhere, closer to home.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I think he will play elsewhere, closer to home.

Not a clue where he's from but he won't be at Oldham,well I wouldn't have thought so. If he does go elsewhere good luck to him. He's a cracking player with a potentially bright future.