RLWC Positivity Thread

46 minutes ago, RIGGY said:

Thanks Dave think we will need Lewis Hamilton as our driver lol

Presumably you're doing both games on Saturday and 2 of the 3 on Sunday, not doing Newcastle -> Leeds -> Warrington? Still, good luck with the getting back to the car and with the driving!

• Like 1

I  think quite a few of the TRL  members were thinking about starting this thread but none of them had a clue how to spell - posser = possa - possiti- pozu - porsa -pozzy - oh  I  give up 

• Haha 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

15 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I  think quite a few of the TRL  members were thinking about starting this thread but none of them had a clue how to spell - posser = possa - possiti- pozu - porsa -pozzy - oh  I  give up 

I had to Google what the word meant. I couldn't find it in the RL dictionary 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, thehullram said:

Wanted to go to the matches at Hull, quick whatsapp message and now got 13 of us going. World cups are an easy sell, just need someone to organise. Don't think any of them would have gone off their own back though. 

Same here. A mate set up a WhatsApp group a week ago and now 8 people are going to between 2 and five games each. 

• Like 5

"Wanted to go to the matches at Hull, quick whatsapp message and now got 13 of us going. World cups are an easy sell, just need someone to organise. Don't think any of them would have gone off their own back though. 

Same here. A mate set up a WhatsApp group a week ago and now 8 people are going to between 2 and five games each. "

My Response-

These are the most interesting posts in the forum which should be read by all clubs and THE RLWC organization. Hopefully not lost in the forum which is totally disorganized at the moment -re all the different RLWC THREADS

"Don't think any of them would have gone off their own back though. "

😾😼

An organizing person creates the demand and organizes -THE BUYING OF TICKETS.- 21 extra people just like that.Using -What App -just one method.

Perhaps RLWC Should have got people who organize to create ticket buyers/groups instead of showing you to your seat.

I think the French will be good at this please tell them know now before 2025!

Edited by RLX111
need context spelling
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Dont know where to put this but NZ want to come over in 2023 , hope that gets signed up and can start to be sold in the World Cup.

Some people will say “oh no not the kiwis again” but I say bring it on as I’d much prefer to see the kiwis these days over Australia.

l Would be awesome to see either PNG or Fiji tour France also at the same time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well last time was 2018 and quite frankly Australia dont give a toss so lets play the countries who want to play. One game in London, then either side of the hill. Plus annual mid season French test thats 4 fta games to sell. 

Year after Samoa 

Exactly. 

Im pretty much done with Australia these days. Let them have their narrow minded state v state contest and woke all stars nonsense game.

1st test in London with a test at the Etihad and depending on the crowd on Saturday the other test in newcastle otherwise Sheffield.

It's been announced at least twice that England are expecting to play a three test series against NZ at the end of the season and Combined Nations mid-season next year.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It's been announced at least twice that England are expecting to play a three test series against NZ at the end of the season and Combined Nations mid-season next year.

Great news about the kiwis test series.

Not so much about the combined exiled allstars nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Great news about the kiwis test series.

Not so much about the combined exiled allstars nonsense.

All with the caveats that nothing is formally confirmed but (from memory) it's been in the press in June and September.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Very much seems geared for announcement in World Cup when all eyes are on it to make it an easier sell. 

If we dont play France in France next year with their World Cup just 2 years away by then I will be disappointed.

This.

I mean how hard is it for England to play France in France on bastille day!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

For me having 3 sell outs and that being the image of the sport on FTA is worth more than a couple of thousand extra but lower capacity. 

The amount of times I've said this on here is unbelievable. Image is the most important thing in making the game appeal to new people and smaller crowds but in a full stadium look so much better than a half empty stadium even if the crowd itself is bigger. 25,000 in Wigan looks so much better than 30,000 at the Etihad. 

I've been a bit critical of another NZ series in the past but with how inward looking and narrow minded the Aussies are then I think let's just get someone over here who wants to play and can give us a good, competitive series and NZ fill that bracket. I agree one of the games should be in London for exposure and the fact we tend to get big crowds down there and then maybe Wigan and Elland Road, two more grounds we always get good numbers at. We could play a warm up against France because I do agree with others that we should be playing an annual test against them. Could even create a trophy or shield or something to give it a big more meaning. 

In terms of the 'Combined Nations All Stars Exiles Other Nationalities Including Martians and Neptunians But Not Venusians Because We're Discriminatory Against Them', my thoughts are that at least its another game but what I would like to see from that is a real emphasis on the history of playing these kinds of teams, a lot more said about the history of playing the Other Nationalities and Exiles and trying to create a link between those three teams because I feel if there was seen to be more history in it then people might respect it a little more and have a bit more interest in it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Well last time was 2018 and quite frankly Australia dont give a toss so lets play the countries who want to play. One game in London, then either side of the hill. Plus annual mid season French test thats 4 fta games to sell. 

Year after Samoa 

Why have a game in London? I’m not being difficult but there is very little interest in the game there (the two semi pro sides there average about 1,400 fans between them). It may be better to play the three games nearer where RL fans are. 

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why have a game in London? I’m not being difficult but there is very little interest in the game there (the two semi pro sides there average about 1,400 fans between them). It may be better to play the three games nearer where RL fans are. 

Because out of the 3 games the London game will probably be the biggest crowd and get the best media coverage.

• Like 4

Just now, Damien said:

Not about the RLWC. I could well be though about yet another NZ tour which has already been discussed plenty of times when previously in the press 😂

Yup.

So, being positive ...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Because internationals sell well in London and has the potential to bring in new commercial partners. Best league game I have saw was 2013 Wembley England vs New Zealand. I

What commercial partners are these?