RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

20 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Mention of 43k in a Hull rag a few days ago.

Hopefully I don't get bulled for going on topic.

43k at Arsenal? That wouldn’t be disastrous but I’d have hoped for a few thousand more.  

If England get to the final it really needs to be close to a sell out, if the GF can (admittedly not over the last few seasons) then surely an England WC final can too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

43k at Arsenal? That wouldn’t be disastrous but I’d have hoped for a few thousand more.  

If England get to the final it really needs to be close to a sell out, if the GF can (admittedly not over the last few seasons) then surely an England WC final can too. 

If correct - the 43k is a few days old - you would think there would be a fair few more. 50k in a 60k ground would be very nice.

I have a feeling the Emirates is stalling a little. Many sections seem pretty full but I was hoping to see less availability by now. Also, some of the top tier sections in the West Stand have disappeared from sale and I don't think that's because they are full. Still expecting 42-48k but would love to be surprised on the high side.

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

If correct - the 43k is a few days old - you would think there would be a fair few more. 50k in a 60k ground would be very nice.

The four London events in 2011,2013,2015 & 2016 averaged 47k so above that would be good. 

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

If England make the final it will sell out IMO.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I Know a few people who are going who aren't regular RL attendees so hopefully there's a wider trend like that, I think it will be around 30k, which will be a good atmosphere

30k and 50k would be excellent compared to 67k last time.

Just now, Leonard said:

30k and 50k would be excellent compared to 67k last time.

Agreed. If we get 40k and 27k it matches the numbers nicely, but I think many of us would be a touch disappointed with 40k.

London usually does very well for us, we normally get a boost, so I'd have thought we could get more than Newcastle for the opener. The fact that we have ever used Arsenal before should give it a lift. 

If we could push to 50k I think it would be great. 

A lot of blocks seem to be sold at Elland Road and it feels like that one may keep growing a little quicker than Saturday, on the basis that a lot of heartlands fans would make late decisions on a quick-ish trip to Leeds. If you’re going to London from up here, it’s unlikely to be a late call (or certainly less likely).  Any surge in sales for Saturday would need to mainly be from Southerners. I’d love to know if they’re doing anything to push that, especially in areas around the Emirates. 

I’ve seen the 43k figure mentioned at the start of this week, so I reckon we might sneak up to about 46,000/47,000 for Saturday and I think we’ll end up on late 20’s for Friday, so maybe around 75,000 in total. At the prices they’re charging that’s a solid effort. 

Edited by WN83

Just noticed Arsenal are at home tonight against Brighton in the League Cup.

Every fan attending that should be made aware there is a game on Saturday where they can cheer their country on. To have no presence at the game tonight would be a real missed opportunity. 

• Like 3

Anywhere near or above the 2005 Tri Nations final figure (26k) would be a great effort for Friday night.

Hopeful for a big crowd in London. I received some targeted marketing as my postcode was a London one until recently; I am going anyway but hopefully that is getting through to locals.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

47 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Isn't the capacity reduced at Emirates to 55k for some reason - or have I dreamt that?

It's not clear what is happening with club tier seats. They're selling some as premium/club but most sections are blacked out. Club tier holds about 9k, I read. Taking that into account, I reckon we're working to a low-mid 50s capacity. Again, I'll be delighted to turn up on Saturday and see these seats occupied.

23 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Anywhere near or above the 2005 Tri Nations final figure (26k) would be a great effort for Friday night.

Hopeful for a big crowd in London. I received some targeted marketing as my postcode was a London one until recently; I am going anyway but hopefully that is getting through to locals.

Lots of Facebook ads for me.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, WN83 said:

Just noticed Arsenal are at home tonight against Brighton in the League Cup.

Every fan attending that should be made aware there is a game on Saturday where they can cheer their country on. To have no presence at the game tonight would be a real missed opportunity. 

One of my pals is an Arsenal season ticket holder and never misses a game. As of last week, and until I told him that I was going, he had not a clue that a RL WC semi-final was being held there. Sounds like it's not been very well advertised ! 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, League of the South said:

One of my pals is an Arsenal season ticket holder and never misses a game. As of last week, and until I told him that I was going, he had not a clue that a RL WC semi-final was being held there. Sounds like it's not been very well advertised ! 

There has been presence at Arsenal's ground at at least one game. I know the mascot and trophies were there. There has been stuff on Arsenal's social media, although I can't see owt for a while. There has been stuff with Arsenal's community team. I know a lot of this stuff is easy to miss though. 

15 minutes ago, League of the South said:

I know Manchester United are selling final tickets on their own ticket website but Arsenal are not for this game. I'm not sure if it was possible but it's a shame that has not been the case.

You'd love to think they would be targeting that game tonight to try and tempt some of the locals in. How they do that, be it by handing out leaflets, those mobile advertising vehicles, billboards, tube adverts, having the trophy on display, getting somebody on the field talking about it or a mixture of them all, it shouldn't matter but if it is going to slip by without anything being done at all, we don't deserve better crowds. 

I bought a ticket for the Emirates. As we know, you can't select your seat. 

I was allocated a top row seat in a block that is priced higher than what I paid. I completed an accessibility request to ask for a more accessible seat due to a health condition.

I was given a one line answer saying seats lower down are more expensive and that's it. This is despite the fact that I did not select that block, and clearly explained that I am happy to sit anywhere in the stadium that doesn't involve too many steps.