RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

56 minutes ago, Dr Tim Whatley said:

Did a tour of Croke Park a few years ago (very good, highly recommended) and when the tour guide, himself a GAA schools coach, talked about England RU playing there and God Save The Queen being sung, his voice just tailed off for a bit. Clearly still quite raw.

Bit of background for those who don't know the story - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croke_Park#Bloody_Sunday

Funny story. I brought Bradford Bulls to Dublin to play Skolars in a pre season early 2000s. Bulls went on a tour of croke park and started throwing a rugby ball around on the field. groundsman went mental. first time a rugby ball had been thrown on the pitch! no garrison sports as they called it at the time. obviously confusing with union.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

A little tip guys. Wait until about 10 mins after kick off before deciding how empty/full a stadium is. 

Looks a good attendance today 👍 

It'll be announced as a good number.It ain't.

It's been boring until kick off. I wonder if they stage events like this at Twickenham. 

Hopefully the RL will make up for it. 

Edited by Dave T

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

You not been in a kop end and the football recently?

I don't bother too much with footy. 

To be fair, I think I'm in a section with a load of Aussies. They are certainly cheering that no try loudly 🤣

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, IM2 said:

Funny story. I brought Bradford Bulls to Dublin to play Skolars in a pre season early 2000s. Bulls went on a tour of croke park and started throwing a rugby ball around on the field. groundsman went mental. first time a rugby ball had been thrown on the pitch! no garrison sports as they called it at the time. obviously confusing with union.

There is a myth that  the Gaa have an affinity  with Rugby League. 

The playing  of Rugby League was also subject to a ban by the Gaa until  1972. 

The playing  of Rugby  League  on Gaa facilities  was also subject to a ban. 

American  Football  was not subject  to a ban. 

• Like 1