RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Maybe the clubs then need to be told they need to release players and will be compensated. Not just the usual short termism.

it can also be used to provide players from some other nations a bit more experience - such as Jamaica and the raft of PNG players.

I don't have an issue with it or see what else we can do - short of flying down under mid season (which SL owners would equally complain about). If others do - then they are not obliged to watch.

Strikes me as a lot more interesting than suggestions we need to thrash Wales by 60 for a decade.

It's a shame because we have shown we'd travel abroad mid-season, but that has been killed by the NRL. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's a shame because we have shown we'd travel abroad mid-season, but that has been killed by the NRL. 

As did the NZRL who also showed a great desire to increase their income streams. Alas we know what happened next, being independent of the NRL is frowned upon by the NRL.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

100% agree the vast majority of the fans yesterday were from the south very few travelled down from the north for this match.

Only way to expand the game is with the England brand and certainly not in traditional areas where the majority of RL fans are fans of their clubs and not the game.

Sports fans in London will support England

Sports fans in Leigh, Hull, Huddersfield less so!

So yes let's get working on London and the south and forget the heartlands now.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, meast said:

The same local rugby league fans who generally haven't been bothered for the last month?

What do you mean by not bothered? RL fans aren't huge in number and I'd say percentage wise the number that went to watch World Cup games would be pretty impressive compared to other sports. There are only so many games people can afford to go or indeed want to go. Someone not going to 10 games doesn't mean they aren't bothered. Expecting the same fans to go to everything is the problem.

Edited by Damien
  • Like 4

Just now, moorside roughyed said:

I'm just looking forward to next season now. The world cups over for our men. Fingers now crossed for the women and wheelchair team's.

The women winning could have just as much impact on the sport as the men.

The womens and wheelchair games have been the highlight of the whole thing for me, well that and going to last Fridays game

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

The womens and wheelchair games have been the highlight of the whole thing for me, well that and going to last Fridays game

PDRL was fantastic as well.

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Same here. I've watched the women's game before,huge respect for what they do and without financial incentive. The wheelchair game has blown me away. Not seen it before,it's absolutely brilliant. Again they love the game and do it because they love it without financial incentive. Both teams I'll be screaming for.

3 minutes ago, meast said:

You mean these rammed seats?

CMv7EwS.jpeg

No idea what you are going on about.

You probably picked the furthest away and least relevant section to where I was sat.

Definitely 40k packed in there though.

Edited by Leonard

16 minutes ago, meast said:

Sports fans in London will support England

Sports fans in Leigh, Hull, Huddersfield less so!

So yes let's get working on London and the south and forget the heartlands now.

I mean none of this makes sense. 

What you are saying is ignore your core base. 

There is no reason to keep creating these us vs them comparisons.