Bramall Lane

Anyone coming to Sheffield by train who’ll be looking for refreshment.

the Sheffield Tap actually by the station is an excellent pub - Thornbridge

the Rutland Arms is also a proper pub, a couple of mins away.

the Howard opposite is “ok” Greene King

the Extra Time sports bar is a big bar and child friendly until 2200 hrs, 5 mins from the station and 15 from the ground. No real or craft ales but does American type food. I know the Eagles fans going to the game will head here, despite the fact that there aren’t lots in terms on numbers.

Please bear in mind that Wednesday are at home so some city centre pubs may not be keen on fans with colours on.

Avoid the Bankers Draft Wetherspoons, probably the worst JDW that there is.

London Road closer to the ground had a few pubs and dozens of takeaways

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

33 minutes ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

the Extra Time sports bar is a big bar and child friendly until 2200 hrs, 5 mins from the station and 15 from the ground. No real or craft ales but does American type food. I know the Eagles fans going to the game will head here, despite the fact that there aren’t lots in terms on numbers.

Please bear in mind that Wednesday are at home so some city centre pubs may not be keen on fans with colours on.

Need to find somewhere to park a minibus. Any tips of where I might be best to try? Cheers.

I can’t think of many free places as in car parks and most streets very close are resident parking only on match days but I can’t honestly say whether Saturdays game will apply. But you ought to be able to find some street parking just off Shoreham street which runs by the ground. 

A mate who watches SUFC says Ant Marketing on Shoreham street, I assume that’s a business where you can park on Saturdays for a fee.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Northern Eel said:

Need to find somewhere to park a minibus. Any tips of where I might be best to try? Cheers.

“Car Parking

There is some street parking to be had in the area, but roads close to the ground are for residents only. Further along Bramall Lane itself (going away from the City Centre) is the Ant Marketing Building (S2 4RN) which offers matchday parking at a cost of £5. However, it is normally full 90 minutes before kick off”

Not sure whether you can reserve here but Google maps the post code and see what you think.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Northern Eel said:

I just had another thought … look for Olive Grove Road on maps, that area is more industrial and I doubt any restrictions on a Saturday. 15 mins walk.

2 hours ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

Is the Cossack still up the road from the Howard? Found myself in there by mistake with a couple of pals during freshers week in the 90s, decent pint tbf. 

4 hours ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

Well done .I'm looking forward to it 

What's the ground like itself?

9 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Well done .I'm looking forward to it 

What's the ground like itself?

It’s OK

The Kop end though has 2 pillars so not great if you’re bang behind those

The top tier of the other end is quite steep..

The John Street side terrace and opposite are good.

Not sure what catering is like but I expect like most of the grounds (except Tottenham)

The surface should be excellent as it’s one of the Desso pitches

• Like 1

During the womens Football Euros some people parked at Meadowhall - it’s free, and got the tram in.

it’s probably a 15 to 20 min ride and I think every 15 to 20 mins frequency. It’ll be about £2.50 single.

Best stop would be Fitzalan Square and then with your back to the tram walk towards the bus station and you’ll also see the train station on the left. Then you’ll more or less be at the bottom of Shoreham Street which leads up to the ground.

Coming back it’s the yellow route on the other side of the tracks.

1 hour ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

It’s OK

The Kop end though has 2 pillars so not great if you’re bang behind those

The top tier of the other end is quite steep..

The John Street side terrace and opposite are good.

Not sure what catering is like but I expect like most of the grounds (except Tottenham)

The surface should be excellent as it’s one of the Desso pitches

Thanks mate ...looking forward to a new place actually 

The food at Broncos is pretty decent by way so lump us in with Spurs please!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

I work for a Sheffield Brewery but I am from Leeds. Sheffield has some great places to drink in lots of different areas. Alongside Kelham Island, there are also a good number up on Abbeydale road too which isn't too far from the stadium.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Been to Bramall Lane a few times over the years - can generate a great atmosphere. Really hope the Sheffield press get a hold of this this week and it helps bump the crowd. Victor Radley's homecoming should be a special occasion! 

The council have been sending stuff via email, to those who subscribe to their newsletters, which cover everything not just the RLWC.

I must admit I don’t by the local paper and 

30 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Thanks mate ...looking forward to a new place actually 

The food at Broncos is pretty decent by way so lump us in with Spurs please!

Didn’t do Plough Lane as you moved it to Ebbsfleet, which was great by the way other than the second half collapse. It’s on the radar for next season though when the fixtures come out.

Slightly off topic but if you have any more fixtures in Ebbsfleet I can certainly recommend it. The train journey was like being on a plane! We took a detour to Gravesend had beer and food then back to Northfleet which was a slightly shorter walk.

For fans travelling from the north it’s an easy journey from Kings Cross.