Samoa Taking rugby league to the world

Tempe Arizona near Phoenix have their Parade sorted. 

Growing in cities now - 

Seattle

Los Angeles (multiple)

Portland 

Salt Lake City 

San Fran bay area 

Hawaii 

Las Vegas 

That makes it 6 U.S states and growing. Samoan parades in California, Nevada , Utah , Oregon , Washington and Hawaii.

20221117_103738.jpg.b4a9360f919ed9b76df26cee4d55577d.jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Relax, that's just the Samoan expats, the public at large in those cities won't have any idea what it's about.

I'm not sure that is the goal. It's probably just people looking for an excuse to party. That it is RL providing the reason is not a bad thing. 

And as peed off as I am about England not making the final, it's good to see them giving a toss. 

18 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Relax, that's just the Samoan expats, the public at large in those cities won't have any idea what it's about.

It's just the Victor Radleys (one of only 3 English players to make the team of the tournament) of Samoa.

new rise.jpg

19 hours ago, Big Picture said:

On a good note if they watched the last few Samoa games , they may think this Tim Lafai is the best player in the world. 🤣

There you have it all you doubters. V’landys has come out and said the Commission are fully behind international RL as long as it doesn’t impact the NRL performing to capacity.

He said it. It’s quoted. They turned up this year, despite most of the forum thinking the Kangaroos wouldn’t.

The idea that the NRL hates internationals is a fallacy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

There you have it all you doubters. V’landys has come out and said the Commission are fully behind international RL as long as it doesn’t impact the NRL performing to capacity.

He said it. It’s quoted. They turned up this year, despite most of the forum thinking the Kangaroos wouldn’t.

The idea that the NRL hates internationals is a fallacy.

I presume you are joking. Its no different than what the NRL always says and as usual it comes with the usual NRL centric caveat. It's hardly a sweeping endorsement for the international game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Samoa taking Rugby to the world. No prizes for guessing who`s best placed to take advantage. Rugby fans on here should be delighted.

I live in Arizona and my son really wanted to play Rugby League. but the only options here are Union. However, at the younger ages, they play Rugby League rules.

I'd 100% go and get a bunch of others to attend as well if Samoa V Tonga was ever staged here. To be fair, it could be any team and i'd make sure I go.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Arizonared said:

I live in Arizona and my son really wanted to play Rugby League. but the only options here are Union. However, at the younger ages, they play Rugby League rules.

I'd 100% go and get a bunch of others to attend as well if Samoa V Tonga was ever staged here. To be fair, it could be any team and i'd make sure I go.

Well hopefully rugby league will grow in the States and all poly kids and adults can have a path way . 

I was just in Sydney , Samoan flags everywhere , I'm sure it will be that way in any city or town with any Samoan population. Should be an epic weekend . Enjoy 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

Samoa taking Rugby to the world. No prizes for guessing who`s best placed to take advantage. Rugby fans on here should be delighted.

Absolutely.

Yet somehow there are people on here who think we should call the England women's League team the "Rugby Lionesses"😞

2 hours ago, tommyace said:

Well hopefully rugby league will grow in the States and all poly kids and adults can have a path way . 

I was just in Sydney , Samoan flags everywhere , I'm sure it will be that way in any city or town with any Samoan population. Should be an epic weekend . Enjoy 

I'm as white as can be lol.

But I hope everyone can have a path to play league 🙂

• Like 1

International RL has to capitalise on all the interest generated from the WC. 

Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, PNG, Lebanon and NZ need to play again before the end of next season.

England, France and the other European nations plus Jamaica need 2 to 3 mid season internationals. England also need to know what they're doing at the end of next season.

Same for the women and wheelchair teams. A few mid season tests plus an end of season tournament. 

All needs announcing asap 

• Sad 1

Just now, JM2010 said:

International RL has to capitalise on all the interest generated from the WC. 

Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, PNG, Lebanon and NZ need to play again before the end of next season.

England, France and the other European nations plus Jamaica need 2 to 3 mid season internationals. England also need to know what they're doing at the end of next season.

Same for the women and wheelchair teams. A few mid season tests plus an end of season tournament. 

All needs announcing asap 

I'd love to see Samoa go back to England for a Test Series against England with Matches against France, Wales, Ireland, Scotland etc.

1 minute ago, Arizonared said:

I'd love to see Samoa go back to England for a Test Series against England with Matches against France, Wales, Ireland, Scotland etc.

Me too but I think all Pacific Nations will be playing against each other and Aus and NZ so won't come.

• Thanks 1