NRL PLAYERS WITH FRENCH CONNECTIONS

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone here (Also from down under) know of any current NFL 1st grade players with French connections (Ie would qualify for France under the current rules) 

Last players to my knowledge were Dimitri Pelo then Client Greenshields and recently Langi.

Thanks 

Paul

15 minutes ago, eal said:

How strictly enforced is the eligibility? Is the international body actually doing their homework on all these heritage players and their grandparents?

Yes, most definitely.

I process players for Wales. All documents are required and they’re thoroughly checked. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Yes, most definitely.

I process players for Wales. All documents are required and they’re thoroughly checked. 

Can confirm. I've done it for El Salvador previously.

Good fun after a Civil War meant refugees with no birth certificates.

new rise.jpg

On 02/12/2022 at 18:53, welshmagpie said:

Yes, most definitely.

Good to know things have been tightened up since a few years ago. A couple of guys I know played for Holland, one of them "qualified" because his brother lived there! Another guy got asked to play because he was a "benelux resident ". It certainly used to be a complete joke.

I would be genuinely astonished if these park League matches between 26 blokes representing honduras and Peru (or whoever) on a suburban Sydney public park contain only eligible players. Half of them look completely lost when their anthem is played!! 😄

4 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Good to know things have been tightened up since a few years ago. A couple of guys I know played for Holland, one of them "qualified" because his brother lived there! Another guy got asked to play because he was a "benelux resident ". It certainly used to be a complete joke.

I would be genuinely astonished if these park League matches between 26 blokes representing honduras and Peru (or whoever) on a suburban Sydney public park contain only eligible players. Half of them look completely lost when their anthem is played!! 😄

I think situations like this are acceptable as long as there's no claim to be "representative" or to be playing "internationals." When I was a teenager in Canberra the local soccer comp was basically just various ethnic social clubs. A "Polish" team like the White Eagles would take anyone half-capable, willing to play for beer money. Most of the teams were like that. So immigrants could pretend there was some nostalgic connection to home country but, most importantly, it was the toddler phase of Canberra getting a more serious, organised soccer league with junior structures and development.

Nearly everything of importance had a toddler phase once.