Bateman To Wests

10 hours ago, JohnM said:

One 😃 is nowhere near an adequate response to that opinion.

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Just an opinion John, we each have them.

In my opinion, he was very very good and one of our best when he first went to Aus, the John Bateman that returned has not been anywhere near that form but has still carried the same respect. 

Absolutely fantastic deal for Wigan getting paid for him and losing his what I would imagine is a very large salary, they could be quids in and have a better replacement(s) on the field, but as I say just my opinion.

Bring backGB described him as "Most overrated player in England "

Of course, you, I anyone is entitled to express their opinions. Equality, you, I, anyone, has to expect to be challenged on those opinions, especially when they are so manifestly wrong.

Yes, he's not been at the top of his game but call him the most overrated player in England is bizarre. 

Anyway, I wish him well in Australia. I thought it was a mistake for him to return in the first place. Perhaps he just wants to play with others equally as good as he is.

I'd say the same about Williams return too. His club form has not been good, though his WC performance saw him at his best. Perhaps he'll be next to go back to Aus.

• Like 2

Bateman just doesn't seem to have had the same hunger since he returned to Wigan from Canberra. Yet another example of a player returning to the club and not being as good, Tommy Leuluai excepted, they all dropped a level. Australia might re-motivate Bateman, and I hope it does, but I doubt it.

• Like 1

Tigers fan based in London. Good signing for tigers - form he displayed at World Cup better than anything we had lst season (obvs papili’i is another step above). Depends on money and length of deal IMO. Certainly his super league form wasn’t anything near what he was doing for Canberra so hoping it was a motivation issue as I thought he was solid in World Cup without being spectacular. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Balmainboy said:

Tigers fan based in London. Good signing for tigers - form he displayed at World Cup better than anything we had lst season (obvs papili’i is another step above). Depends on money and length of deal IMO. Certainly his super league form wasn’t anything near what he was doing for Canberra so hoping it was a motivation issue as I thought he was solid in World Cup without being spectacular. 

Get yourself down Plough lane for the Broncos this season if you are in London 

22 hours ago, JohnM said:

Bring backGB described him as "Most overrated player in England "

Of course, you, I anyone is entitled to express their opinions. Equality, you, I, anyone, has to expect to be challenged on those opinions, especially when they are so manifestly wrong.

Yes, he's not been at the top of his game but call him the most overrated player in England is bizarre. 

Anyway, I wish him well in Australia. I thought it was a mistake for him to return in the first place. Perhaps he just wants to play with others equally as good as he is.

I'd say the same about Williams return too. His club form has not been good, though his WC performance saw him at his best. Perhaps he'll be next to go back to Aus.

Williams goes next season. Roosters I’ve been told. He obviously struggles in the Warrington system of play. Money will be there for him after his WC showings.