Panthers taking it serious

• Thanks 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm looking forward to it too but I suspect it'll be a 25 point margin massacre 

Don't worry mate, Saints will ease off after they get a 20 point lead as they will have one eye on upcoming games against Wakey and Leigh.

Love the WCC - would love it even more for a saints win and to keep Penrith poor record against SL teams going.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Very excited about this game, more so because we’re going over there for it. It’s a fixture I’ve missed, especially seeing as Saints have dominated the past four seasons, as it’s a fixture I really enjoy and not being able to have this fixture too has been annoying. 

I thought Saints weren’t far off against the Roosters in 2020 and I hope we have a real good dig against the Panthers. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

Very excited about this game, more so because we’re going over there for it. 

yep - it wont be sleeting or snowing - neither team has a couple of domestic rounds under their belts - bring it on

4 hours ago, Jughead said:

Very excited about this game, more so because we’re going over there for it. It’s a fixture I’ve missed, especially seeing as Saints have dominated the past four seasons, as it’s a fixture I really enjoy and not being able to have this fixture too has been annoying. 

I thought Saints weren’t far off against the Roosters in 2020 and I hope we have a real good dig against the Panthers. 

I will be there too J. Our house sale will settle on Feb 1st and our plans were to move to Port Macquarie and wait for completion of the building of our new house near there expected in late March/early April. I was not planning to attend the match.

The purchaser of our place,however, has offered us to remain as renters until we can move into the new place which obviously takes a great deal of hassle out of the move.

I have been a season ticket holder/ Penrith Panthers club member since moving out west of Sydney in 2000. Will not travel back to Sydney following the move and will miss the games and my fortnightly visits to the club for lunch.  Good for me is that there is an affiliated Panthers club in Port M. about a 15 min drive from our new place. Visited it for lunch last month and it is about a tenth of the size of the Penrith club.

Have been to all previous WCC games played in Aus. and look forward very much to this one which looks like being my last. Maybe I will bump into you sometime during your stay!?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just googled Port Macquarie......blimey what a dump compared to Luton  😉

In my 70's saw a word on a UK football forum I had not come across in my 26 years living in England. The word was  "skankiest" and was used in a question asking people's opinion as to what they thought was the  skankiest town/city/place they had visited in the UK. About 100 replies were posted and the winner by a large majority was .....Luton. Never visited so no comment from me.

Our new home is on the coast about 15 miles South of Port M. at a place called Lake Cathie.

15 minutes ago, George Watt said:

Our new home is on the coast about 15 miles South of Port M. at a place called Lake Cathie.

has it got a William Hills and a greggs?

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, George Watt said:

In my 70's saw a word on a UK football forum I had not come across in my 26 years living in England. The word was  "skankiest" and was used in a question asking people's opinion as to what they thought was the  skankiest town/city/place they had visited in the UK. About 100 replies were posted and the winner by a large majority was .....Luton. Never visited so no comment from me.

Luton has gone downhill since you heard that George 

Is there a local RL team at Lake Cathie you can latch onto?

7 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just googled Port Macquarie......blimey what a dump compared to Luton  😉

Funny that I was talking to a mate from Oz just yesterday who has moved from Newcastle in Oz (horrible, bleak  place) to live in Cornwall..... so he has left a poorish, quite rough town to live in an amazing place in the UK.  He said the only thing he missed about Oz was live RL - So I'm also trying to get him to take in a Lg1 RL game down that way this season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

He said the only thing he missed about Oz was live RL - So I'm also trying to get him to take in a Lg1 RL game down that way this season.

Only problem with that, is that Lg1 England will be like watching a couple of pub teams going at it in Bush League back home. 😆

49 minutes ago, George Watt said:

It`s a small world, I was up there (well next door at Bonny Hills) last Sunday with my son visiting the Bonny Hills Art Festival, bought a lovely little envelope sized water-colour for $300 quid of a landscape in the valley. Son mentioned to me as we drove through the area what a lovely place to live.

22 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Is there a local RL team at Lake Cathie you can latch onto?

Port Macquarie has two sides in the local Group Three open competition, but it`s a big town (40k ?).

Not far (a few K) from Lake Cathie is Camden Haven a much smaller place, perhaps a few thousand, who always fielded a team in Group Three Open`s for years up until a few years ago. I was pleased to note a couple of years ago that they were fielding an U`18`s team again for the first time in a while. Hopefully this may see them re-entering an open`s team in the near future.

On the junior`s front, Lake Cathie/Bonny Hills have a joint junior team in the U/ 6`s, 7`s, 8`s, 9`s, 11`s junior age groups, and won the U/16`s boy`s comp last year. Good stuff. Camden Haven very similar. Port often fields three teams in many of these age groups. Some of the younger comps have 14 teams, I saw teams from Gloucester (100k+ away) in some of the junior comps. Remember playing against them (on the wing) for Wingham Tiger Juniors in the mud a long, long time ago. Great to see them back fielding junior teams in our comp again.

As an aside was really pleased to see strong League Tag competitions run in several age groups, with full recognition of their results being tabled alongside the Tackle comp`s and Girl`s competitions in both U/12`s and U/16`s. That`s a lot more kids playing the game who may have not otherwise.

Seems junior League is doing very well in the valley and surrounds lately and plenty of junior teams for @George Wattin his local area to get down to the ground and cheer for, plus the big Port teams if you want to follow someone in the Open`s.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Funny that I was talking to a mate from Oz just yesterday who has moved from Newcastle in Oz (horrible, bleak  place) to live in Cornwall..... so he has left a poorish, quite rough town to live in an amazing place in the UK.  He said the only thing he missed about Oz was live RL - So I'm also trying to get him to take in a Lg1 RL game down that way this season.

One game? Convince him to get a season ticket - he'll hear a few familiar accents and feel right at home!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

It`s a small world, I was up there (well next door at Bonny Hills) last Sunday with my son visiting the Bonny Hills Art Festival, bought a lovely little envelope sized water-colour for $300 quid of a landscape in the valley. Son mentioned to me as we drove through the area what a lovely place to live.

I mentioned earlier I visited Port M. last month. The main reason for the visit was to discuss work progress at our building site. This meeting was held at Bonny Hills Surf Club

Your son has good taste!

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep....nothing to miss now Cornwall up and running 

Must be loads of northern fans who retire down there too

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Port Macquarie has two sides in the local Group Three open competition, but it`s a big town (40k ?).

Not far (a few K) from Lake Cathie is Camden Haven a much smaller place, perhaps a few thousand, who always fielded a team in Group Three Open`s for years up until a few years ago. I was pleased to note a couple of years ago that they were fielding an U`18`s team again for the first time in a while. Hopefully this may see them re-entering an open`s team in the near future.

On the junior`s front, Lake Cathie/Bonny Hills have a joint junior team in the U/ 6`s, 7`s, 8`s, 9`s, 11`s junior age groups, and won the U/16`s boy`s comp last year. Good stuff. Camden Haven very similar. Port often fields three teams in many of these age groups. Some of the younger comps have 14 teams, I saw teams from Gloucester (100k+ away) in some of the junior comps. Remember playing against them (on the wing) for Wingham Tiger Juniors in the mud a long, long time ago. Great to see them back fielding junior teams in our comp again.

As an aside was really pleased to see strong League Tag competitions run in several age groups, with full recognition of their results being tabled alongside the Tackle comp`s and Girl`s competitions in both U/12`s and U/16`s. That`s a lot more kids playing the game who may have not otherwise.

Seems junior League is doing very well in the valley and surrounds lately and plenty of junior teams for @George Wattin his local area to get down to the ground and cheer for, plus the big Port teams if you want to follow someone in the Open`s.

Looks like George will have plenty of options 

Gonna join the Masters team George? 😉

Gonna get to Oz with family if not this year next (will do 5/6 weeks as we all get long holidays)....gonna need to consult a few on here for itineraries again 

• Like 1

Bu$$er, just noticed the date.  Wouldn’t have minded another long weekend in the Blue Mountains but me and the missus are off to Tassie on 10th Feb till 17th and the following day we are hosting a 30th birthday bbq for our eldest daughter.  So I will have to watch the game blatherated after people have gone home.

I can’t wait for IMG to take control of the game so these sort of clashes are avoided.

P.S.  If the Panthers win it will because the NRL is light years ahead of SL but if Panthers lose it will be because they took the game as just a pre season trial.  Aussies, the biggest whingers went the proverbial hits the fan!

10 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Only problem with that, is that Lg1 England will be like watching a couple of pub teams going at it in Bush League back home. 😆

He, like me is just a RL fan mate - I've seen many Lg1 games that are more enjoyable than a SOO game.  If you prefer to just watch top league games that's upto you.

• Haha 1