AUSTRALIA 4 NATIONS

16 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The whole key to non fashionable teams visiting England is to take matches to non RL cities its ENGLAND for gods sake.

France Warrington in 3 weeks time maybe 7/8000 max 

France in Brighton with the womens test before 20000

Paul

Agreed. But maybe not Brighton! Aim at your development areas:

Newcastle/London/Midlands et al.

Edited by GeordieSaint
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

England need to play in England. England needed to be able to announce what they were doing in 2023 during the World Cup last year to build upon the momentum of hundreds of thousand watching them live and some reasonable TV audiences. 

The same can be said for many nations who play the game. It’s going nowhere as an arm of the sport until self interest and decisions are moved away from the nations themselves. 

• Like 1

Jamaica are one of the few countries putting effort into growing the sport and they have no serious competition in the Americas.

England, France, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Jamaica, Greece, and Serbia. Split into two groups of 4, tiered if necessary. These countries won't develop unless given a chance to play. The Knights will still be fielded but at least it is something.

52 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The whole key to non fashionable teams visiting England is to take matches to non RL cities its ENGLAND for gods sake.

France Warrington in 3 weeks time maybe 7/8000 max 

I agree but there are only a handful of tickets left for Warrington.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Always gonna happen. RFL should approach PNG about touring 'Europe' and work with the French to host some games in France. Eng V Fra V PNG over 3 weeks.

France v PNG

France v England

England v PNG

👍Sounds like a solid second tier comp. They could run it in tandem with the big one down under to hopefully generate a bit more interest up in Europe.  

Obviously the best English guys are all nowadays playing NRL so I guess England would want them back as PNG would be liable to give them a beating otherwise. 

So if the tournaments run at the same time, then the England guys should get released. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AB90 said:

Reports in OZ today that Tonga were on the verge of agreeing to the UK tour at the end of the year however their decision has been put on hold after the NRL announced plans to hold a 4 nations in the southern hemisphere (Australia, New Zealand, Samoa, Tonga).

As a Kiwis fan, I am buzzing for this. 

There are some seriously tasty matchups among that lot. 

I really hope Tonga don't decide to tour Hull and Castleford instead. Their Sea of Red at Mt Smart is one of the greatest sights in global League. 

I can't wait!!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

As a Kiwis fan, I am buzzing for this. 

There are some seriously tasty matchups among that lot. 

I really hope Tonga don't decide to tour Hull and Castleford instead. Their Sea of Red at Mt Smart is one of the greatest sights in global League. 

I can't wait!!

You do realise that the England RL team don't tend to play games at Cas dont you.

Mt Smart is a very outdated stadium and people from NZ don't even attend it - just the Tonga fans.

You really do hate SL and England and specifically RL towns for some reason don't you - its every single post ffs..... If NZ is so great how come you moved to a 3rd world country in Spain🤣🤣

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

👍Sounds like a solid second tier comp. They could run it in tandem with the big one down under to hopefully generate a bit more interest up in Europe.  

Obviously the best English guys are all nowadays playing NRL so I guess England would want them back as PNG would be liable to give them a beating otherwise. 

So if the tournaments run at the same time, then the England guys should get released. 

You mean the England players who play for Saints - the best club RL team in the world?? - when was the last time NZ Warriors were the best team in the world?? 🤔 or anywhere for that matter🤣🤣

Edited by Mr Frisky

3 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

You do realise that the England RL team don't tend to play games at Cas dont you.

Mt Smart is a very outdated stadium and people from NZ don't even attend it - just the Tonga fans.

You really do hate SL and England and specifically RL towns for some reason don't you - its every single post ffs..... If NZ is so great how come you moved to a 3rd world country in Spain🤣🤣

Rent free son. Rent free...

Screenshot_20230407-040434_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Archie Gordon said:

I agree but there are only a handful of tickets left for Warrington.

Is it time to wearily ask if that's one of those, "Is the whole ground for sale?" moments?

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

Agreed. But maybe not Brighton! Aim at your development areas:

Newcastle/London/Midlands et al.

Brighton is an excellent ground for atmosphere and very easy to get to by train and road.

But 'the south' will only ever get one game in any series and that should be in London really.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

18 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah,controversial & ground breaking I know but what the hell,we could even go a step further & announce it now with stadiums & ticketing information.

No need to be so revolutionary in one step, I mean how could that possibly work!!

16 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Yes, but they are safer bets to the RFL

It's a self fulfilling prophecy at the moment.. by not announcing anyone for so long they're making it a harder and harder sell.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

I don't. I think they'd be greater value in playing most games in France.

Though if it was a 4 team tournament, you'd likely have to play some games in England. At least one.

There is one thing we can guarantee if it was a four team tournament: every match would be part of a triple header of two 'Four Nations' games and a curtain raiser women's international.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Brighton is an excellent ground for atmosphere and very easy to get to by train and road.

But 'the south' will only ever get one game in any series and that should be in London really.

I am sure it is GJ. But is there any RL development in the city or nearby? If not, I don’t think there is much point. 

8 hours ago, Davo5 said:

If it helps,your not alone when it comes to his strange forum stalking.

Thanks. That's good to know. I can set my watch by him - usually within an hour of me posting something. 

His favourite is these kind of weird slightly racist remarks about Spain. He makes them repeatedly - he is like a walking advert for Brexit. Completely irrelevant to anything to with League, but he makes them anyway. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madrileño said:

Thanks. That's good to know. I can set my watch by him - usually within an hour of me posting something. 

His favourite is these kind of weird slightly racist remarks about Spain. He makes them repeatedly - he is like a walking advert for Brexit. Completely irrelevant to anything to with League, but he makes them anyway. 

He is Boris and I claim my £5 (well you're description certainly makes it sound like him anyway... stalking, Brexit, billboard, completely irrelevant)

• Haha 1

On 07/04/2023 at 05:38, JM2010 said:

I was actually being serious @Mathius Hellwege 😂😂

Yeah surely there's a way we can cram ourselves in. It's a shame we need to pester them for an invite like geeks trying to get invited to a cool house party but that's where we are at. 

Invite Fiji also, (ran NZ very close in WC QF)

Group A all games in Aus NSW:

Australia, Fiji , England 

Group B all games in NZ:

New Zealand, Tonga , Samoa 

Two Group winners playoff in final in Brisbane. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jparrish said:

Yeah surely there's a way we can cram ourselves in. It's a shame we need to pester them for an invite like geeks trying to get invited to a cool house party but that's where we are at. 

Invite Fiji also, (ran NZ very close in WC QF)

Group A all games in Aus NSW:

Australia, Fiji , England 

Group B all games in NZ:

New Zealand, Tonga , Samoa 

Two Group winners playoff in final in Brisbane. 

That's a awesome idea mate

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mathius Hellwege said:

but they do not want us

they cannot be clearer...they made four weeks available and want to play a 4N with only SH countries....

Your probably correct - Saints win in Australia against the best NRL team for 30 years - to be crowned best club team in the world.. so no way would they want England to go over and do the same😏