Friday 7th April: C1: Oldham v Rochdale Hornets: “Great Friday” KO 7.30pm Whitebank Stadium

Bedford Roughyed

Can’t wait for the derby game tomorrow. It’s sure to be a cracker with two out of form teams going toe to toe.

with recent Additions I’ve got hornets as favourites with no Gregory McNally in the squad and lack of prop forwards for us, I hope Meodows is fit. 

let’s go yeds   

i agree fully with whatyou have said m.y, if anybody watched the dewsbury v widnes game.

in the interviews after the match liam finn  the dewsbury coach was being  interviewed, the interviewer said that the dewsbury backs played very well. finn replied  that is what you get playing behind a very good pack.take notice oldham.

On 03/04/2023 at 17:55, jroyales said:

Great game in prospect. Just hope the referee keeps a tight grip on what should be a blood and snot spectacle.

Is the lad playing who started all the trouble last year with us losing two players and the hairnets getting away with their shenanigins?

All 3 Rochdale players involved no longer at the club. Still say Mazey was lucky to get away with his involvement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ManchesterYed said:

Can’t wait for the derby game tomorrow. It’s sure to be a cracker with two out of form teams going toe to toe.

with recent Additions I’ve got hornets as favourites with no Gregory McNally in the squad and lack of prop forwards for us, I hope Meodows is fit. 

let’s go yeds   

5 props in the 21

10 hours ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

We've now got more props than we know what to do with, 6 I make it 🙂

Nelmesey, Blagborough, Meadows, Newton, Hirst & Wilson

hirst a centre 

meadows second row

wilson never played champ 1 rugby

Wish we could be there but Sue is working tonight. Enjoy the game and give the boys an extra Come on You Yeds from us. This is the big one,  El FlatCapicco. For the inter parish games at Wig On and 'Ull.

I'll be thinking of the Hairnets fans on their long trip home aka The Trail of Tears

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tandle said:

hirst a centre 

meadows second row

Agree with this, we have 3 prop forwards of any kind of note. We need to go and invest in some strong ball carrying prop forwards or we are going to be left behind.

hornets by 10 unfortunately 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herbie said:

Hirst is a second row

Meadows is a prop hence him being number 10 

Both of them not playing today.

i suggest herbie that you go to squad for 2023 page 14 scroll down to bedford roughyed.

and if they are props and oldham are short of props, why are they not playing today.

because they are not props.

14 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

Online programme/match notes/update whatever you want to call it is here:

https://roughyeds.co.uk/match-programmes/2023/02-oldham-v-rochdale-hornets/

Nice job….I regret the disappearance of the hard copy programme (my partner on the other hand is delighted I wont need another cupboard), but the economics wins this one I suppose.

10 hours ago, tandle said:

hirst a centre 

meadows second row

6 hours ago, tandle said:

i suggest herbie that you go to squad for 2023 page 14 scroll down to bedford roughyed.

and if they are props and oldham are short of props, why are they not playing today.

because they are not props.

I suggest Tandle you attend more games. If you did youd see Meadows with a 10 on his back playing prop in every game so far. Same with Hirst coming on as a backrower.

Meadows is injured.

Hirst not picked this week.

Enjoy Corrie tonight.

• Haha 1