Franchise Rugby League

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

Are they the ones who withdrew from the RFL?

I am not sure if they withdrew or were expelled, or simply did not have the numbers anymore. Either way, they have not posted on their social media for 11 months. Pretty sure they are done. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, langpark said:

I am not sure if they withdrew or were expelled, or simply did not have the numbers anymore. Either way, they have not posted on their social media for 11 months. Pretty sure they are done. 

I they withdrew because they objected to another team paying players iirc. 

4 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

Don't be silly it'll be the Valencia Hurricanes, the NARL will be bigger than Super League, the Odsal Super dome will be the Wembley of the north, and Keighley Cougars will still be trying to get into Superleague 

duck me !! we're not even welcome in a fictional competition - that's when you know you truly are maligned !! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, langpark said:

If only twitter had a "laugh" button like facebook does!

What fresh hell is this?

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Carcassonne must be one, well we know they are, although that’s an eminently sensible proposition. 

I really hope they're not joining franchise rugby league 😬😁

Edited by barnyia

4 minutes ago, barnyia said:

No legit (existing) entity will be a part of this. They will go with fictional stuff like last time: Chisinau Scorpions, Las Vegas Blackjacks etc...

• Haha 1

Anyone doubting just how smoke & mirrors this all is, look no further than this thread: The owner of 4 twitter accounts, having a full on conversation with himself 🤦‍♂️😂 (1. Franchise RL 2. España RL 3. Valencia Huracanes 4. Bath RL)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They’re talking about who wants to join the English set up aren’t they? But yes agreed I doubt Carcassonne will join this 😂

2 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

This podcast was run by cheerleaders for Euro XIII. They'll definitely be backing 'Franchise RL' 

Either that, or he runs the twitter page too, therefore I short-changed him when I said it is 4 accounts and not 5.

You have to remember a lot of past cheerleaders will not be back this time if they got burnt last time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bath RL tweeting that 2nd franchise announced in this 

Missed the first- anyone know? Who else are we expecting?

What I can’t get about this is the funding   How can teams of amateur players afford to take days off work to travel around Europe to play games

Suppose EasyJet and Ryan Air help and that the accommodation needed does not have to be 5 star but even so must be looking at 200-300 per player per try  That’s a big ask!

16 minutes ago, headtackle said:

Bath RL tweeting that 2nd franchise announced in this 

Missed the first- anyone know? Who else are we expecting?

What I can’t get about this is the funding   How can teams of amateur players afford to take days off work to travel around Europe to play games

Suppose EasyJet and Ryan Air help and that the accommodation needed does not have to be 5 star but even so must be looking at 200-300 per player per try  That’s a big ask!

Your mistake is in thinking that any of this is real.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

59 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Your mistake is in thinking that any of this is real.

Seems bizarre

I like all on here are very sceptical that this is viable and can get off the ground 

If not real then what are the motives behind it. Surely whoever is behind it has better things to do than send tweets between different accounts 

• Haha 2

Just now, headtackle said:

Surely whoever is behind it has better things to do than send tweets between different accounts 

I don't think they do sadly, and don't call me shirley!

This is Dean Buchan's work, both clubs signed up are his twitter accounts. I saw him in Huddersfield town centre about 18 months ago in full New York RLFC gear...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

This is Dean Buchan's work, both clubs signed up are his twitter accounts. I saw him in Huddersfield town centre about 18 months ago in full New York RLFC gear...

FKW, you say?

• Like 1

This "Franchise Rugby League" is yet another attempt by guy called Dean Buchan who was the originator of the failed Euro XIIIs.

Not only failed at this but also the non existant Bath Gladiators and Valencia Hurricanes. Who are teams in name only.

Also he promised a Saint Helens v Salford Red Devils Grand Final re-match in Valencia . Seriously was never going to happen.

Whilst Leeds Rhinos and Salford Red Devils trained in Alicante with a bone fide rugby league tour company in 2020 he decided the jump onto the band wagon and bring Featherstone Rovers to play his own Valencia Hurricanes.

A good idea at the time but the team were helped by Salford Red Devils Players as not enough players could be recruited.

Resulting in a 100+ point deficit scoreline.

The fans had fun but not sure what Fev Rovers got out of it ?

So now we are here.....

Dean Buchan's Franchise Rugby has just "awarded" Franchises to both Bath Gladiators and Valencia Hurricanes. Which in fact are his own teams ( in name only ). Go figure ?

Don't buy the t-shirt or the hype.

To be sure he will have an online shop for you to buy branded gear soon enough.

Dean baby... give it up

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Dean Buchan...The guy is a snake , I've met him , and snakes like him don't last long 

On 02/04/2023 at 22:05, langpark said:

Get ready for 6-12 months of tweeting about grand plans & promises, (some people on here getting ridiculously excited about it) only for it to all fizzle. 

Spain have not played a local match in 4 years. How about starting with getting that back on track before attempting to 'conquer' Europe? 

Also, didn't the guy behind this also take over Bath RL? How did that work out? 

Dean Buchans "Franchise Rugby" has awarded Dean Buchans non existent Bath Gladiators and Valencia Hurricanes Franchises..  go figure ??

• Haha 1